Alex Song

Bergkamp10

According to gunners on the forum, Silvestre is by far their worst CB, so thats a plus

Silvestre's not that bad tbh, he's just above average. Arsenal fans make out that he's worse than he is because of the Man United connection and because he looks like an alien. But he's a decent player and in all the games he's come in for us this season, he's done a good job. I love Sol but him against Barca's movement would be a nightmare, I'd play Silvestre as he actually has pace whilst Sol has none.

Robbie

Stepped up massively this season. A lot of people would say RVP carried us, but it was Song who made most of those brilliant chances and just laid them on a silver platter for him.

This compilation is from just 1 season. :worthy: From a terrible CB to an average DM to a brilliant CM... and still only 24 years old. If the midfield greats really started stepping up at that age, I wonder what more there is to come from him.

G

Giannino

Great player indeed.

You're a Gunner right? What are your thoughts about Arteta? Especially compared to Fabregas? I didn't watch a lot of Arsenal games this season, but I know that he was playing badly in the first few games.

Robbie

Great player indeed.

You're a Gunner right? What are your thoughts about Arteta? Especially compared to Fabregas? I didn't watch a lot of Arsenal games this season, but I know that he was playing badly in the first few games.

Arteta was the reason we did so well this season. Probably tied with RVP (or better) as MVP. He's a completely different player from Cesc, and definitely should have been signed earlier to play alongside him. He kept possession and was positionally disciplined (when Song went forward he would drop deep, and always made the perfect passes to spread the play out and create space). Almost every game where we didn't have Arteta, we lost.

Hatem Ben Arfa

he's a thug. he can't defend properly. Tiote is better.

All Song has going for him is that his touch has improved and he's attempting more through balls and crosses.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
he's a thug. he can't defend properly. Tiote is better.
619695300.gif

M

mitkoa7x

Obvious troll is obvious but still... Songs shits all over Tiote

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Alex seems lethargic some times and his head is a bit messed up, thinks he's too good to be just guarding the defense. But when he's given strict warnings to play the defensive mid fielder and not go wandering, he's a total beast of a DM.

And his passing ability is miles better than Tiote's, Alex's has developed into one hell of a CM lately.

Robbie

I remember watching this and saying "WTF Song stop it, you're not Zidane do you actually think you could dribble past 4 play---oh shit OH SHIT OMG"

Barca_070

Robbie, i think you also know that he didnt make any progression defensively ( positional). Defensively he was beter in the seasons before 10/11.

Home of Barca Fans