Nani

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Just got a New contract...

Been poor for the most part at Old Trafford, Improved dramatically in the last couple of months...

what you think?

-Nas-

As stated he's been improving over the past few months. I think the confidence SAF has shown in him has helped, as he was frozen out for a while after criticising the manager. He's been making the right decisions (for the most part) over the last couple of games and he's now helping out alot defensively too.

Its interesting as SAF said he was pretty introverted, which was probably more the case when Ronaldo left (as the 2 were pretty close). So maybe he's been forced to integrate more with the other lads and in doing so, its helped his form. The patience being shown in him is starting to pay off, so hopefully he can take the next step and keep it consistent...

beef-supreme

I often get the feeling that he attracts more attention with his celebrations than he does with his actual footballing performance and skill. Don't like him very much tbh, way overrated, although still better than Anderson who's just rubbish.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Was on Redcafe last night, there is a thread claiming that Nani and Valencia are the best winger pairing in the world...lol

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Nani is not the new Ronaldo I hate it when people say that. He's OK but he is never going to be a top player.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
nani is really good at faking shots....

and looking like prince and michael jacksons love child

AttackingFlair

He's hardly overrated if he's never rated in the first place, right? He's technically gifted, a good winger, inconsistent. Capable of brilliance though, like his game against Arsenal and his outside of the foot pass against Milan.

-Nas-

We'll see how he develops over the next few years. I have have hope for him, he's been playing well over the past few months, much better than he has been since he first signed. Playing regularly has helped him. Plus, Ronaldo was really inconsistent in his first 2-3 seasons at United, granted he was younger compared to Nani now. However, no one thought at the end of the 05/06 season that Ronaldo would explode like he did the next season and become the player he is at his peak now. Everyone thought we got shafted whilst Chelsea got the better deal with Robben. So there's still hope for Nani, who knows what his end point will be...

B

barcakid999

Was on Redcafe last night, there is a thread claiming that Nani and Valencia are the best winger pairing in the world...lol

In terms of genuine wingers the only pairing that I would consider above them is Ribery and Robben.

Nani started off the season like he did the last, frustrating and poor. Since he's come back from injury he's showed that he's maturing into a very good player, he's always had all the technical ability but it's his footballing brain that's the problem. I've noticed he's playing the ball sooner and picking the right option more frequently.
I often get the feeling that he attracts more attention with his celebrations than he does with his actual footballing performance and skill. Don't like him very much tbh, way overrated, although still better than Anderson who's just rubbish.
Writing off 2 young talented players is very foolish, they're both very inconsistent but you can see the potenial is there. Anderson especially, is very young for a centre midfielder, can you name one bar Fabregas which has been top class from their early 20s?

I have the feeling people are expecting too much from younger players nowadays, most players only really start producing consistent performances in their mid 20's, it's just freaks like Fabregas, Messi and Rooney which are the exceptions.

M

Messialdo23

I think Anderson will develop into a fine player, although there are better brasilano's in his position younger or same age for the seleco (Hernandes, Lucas).....as for Nani, give him a chance!!

Home of Barca Fans