User Tag List

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Frank Lampard

Karnivore
    Quote Originally Posted by Deco 20 View Post
    He's an intelligent and classy guy too. One of the few Chelsea players I like.

PS: I disagree about the highlighted part
    Speaking of which, completely forgot about Deco. What a player he was, shame we got him when he was on the decline as a player. He'd rack up 25+ assists a season in the current Barcelona side.

Legion of Doooom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raed View Post
    I'd love it if he moved to Fiorentina but he'd fit Lazio more.
    I actually don't dislike Frank the Tank but he doesn't fit Fiorentina's system at all, although he's probably not ideal for Serie A in general I could see him doing a good job at Lazio.

Bakalao
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given that the Pirlo quote comes from an english tabloid, I'm not sure I believe it was actually said.

The thought of Lampard at Fiorentina is...I'm not sure what to make of it. Could be interesting, could be a train wreck.

Karnivore
    It'd be good for both parties. He's unfortunately become a bit slower with age but can still do a job in the Premiership, let alone Serie A. He's cut down on the amount of times he storms into the penalty area, was his trademark for so many years, but he's adapted well, and certainly more so than Gerrard who looks a complete bust. He's lucky Suarez is doing a job for them otherwise Liverpool would be in an even worse situation.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gerrard leads the league in assists...

Karnivore
    Have you been watching Liverpool at all this season? Even Stuart Downing has been reasonably effective for them in recent weeks...

Bakalao
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fear I am a biased fish. I personally hope that if Lampard should come to Italy it's to someplace south of Tuscany (keeping me and nolan and alissa all safe. and the esteemed nerazzuri cugini too). While he is a talented player I am afraid I just do not like him. Never have, really, not since the infamous Cyprus video. Lazio might not be a bad place actually -- and they've had an English player in the past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Gerrard leads the league in assists...
    Not sure what you're referring to here?

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You said Gerrard looks like a bust but he currently leads the league in assists..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gerrards form has been pretty poor so far this season he himself stated that recently, Frank was definitely the wiser football player of the two but Gerrard had better ability

Karnivore
    He's finished mate - he's become increasingly injury prone and lost that powerful stride he had that once made him a top player.

Fernando Torres has 14 goals and 3 assists for us for the halfway point in the season - well on his way to netting 20+, and you know as well as I do he's a busted flush.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrXavi_The_Midfield_King View Post
    Gerrards form has been pretty poor so far this season he himself stated that recently, Frank was definitely the wiser football player of the two but Gerrard had better ability
    What is your definition of better ability when comparing both players?

Karnivore
    Quote Originally Posted by MrXavi_The_Midfield_King View Post
    Gerrard was naturally more gifted but Lampard worked harder to become a better player. Cristiano Ronaldo's another good example, as talented as he was, his drive and determination to be the best put him on another level to the likes of Robben and Rooney who were both considered better when they were about 19/20 years old. Look back to Euro 2004-Germany 2006, no one could have forseen how it was going to change.

I am Leg End
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol Gerrard carried Liverpool to cl places for 3 years from 2001 to 2004 I'd like to see lampard carry a team by himself.
    "Its not about the long ball or the short ball, its about the right ball."
    Bob Paisley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidVillano1 View Post
    What is your definition of better ability when comparing both players?
    Comparing both of their abilities in Passing, Dribbling, Shooting, tackling, speed and if you compare them Gerrard was better in pretty much all aspects of the game