Frank Lampard

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Any truth in some recent rumours that Alex Ferguson is keen on signing him on a free transfer this summer?

Jenks

He'll probably cash in and go to the US or China. I do think he could do quite well in Italy though, still has the legs for Serie A.

K

Karnivore

Mutton dressed as lamb.

Not even close to a fit Gerrard.

Still amusing to see people talk up Gerrard, who's done absoloutely nothing of note for four years now.

Lampard's goal scoring record and assist record is phenomenal - he's the most productive player in the Premiership since 2000 - that's a cold hard fact. Henry, Ronaldo, Scholes, Giggs, Rooney, van Persie, Drogba, GERRARD - none of them come close. Want another fact? As of right now, Chelsea are the most successful English side since Abramovich took over - and Lampard has been the fulcrum of that success.

He's the quintessential example of how hardwork can pay off. People raised their eyebrows when we forked out £11m for him in 2001 and now it's considered an absoloute bargain. Liverpool's best side in that period was under Benitez with Alonso, Mascherano, Reina and a spirtely Torres in the team, what did he do for Liverpool then? Zilch. From 2004-2006 - Lampard was playing at a level no other midfielder in Europe was matching, and was only bested by Ronaldinho in 2005.

The fact Pirlo speaks so highly of him says it all. I don't care what people think about Lampard, to Chelsea he has been an absoloute legend, he'll go down as one of the Premiership's greatest ever midfielders, and was/still is admired by his peers in the footballing world. That's all that matters. Gerrard probably still regrets not joining Chelsea when he had the chance.

K

Karnivore

He'd be cup tied anyway, and Man Utd wouldn't have a hope in hell even if they fielded 22 players. Clearly lots of tension between Mourinho and the board at Madrid, it's a circus act right now, but come the CL, they'll be right up for it. I suspect Man Utd will be on the end of a proper spanking in one of these matches.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Still amusing to see people talk up Gerrard, who's done absoloutely nothing of note for four years now.

Lampard's goal scoring record and assist record is phenomenal - he's the most productive player in the Premiership since 2000 - that's a cold hard fact. Henry, Ronaldo, Scholes, Giggs, Rooney, van Persie, Drogba, GERRARD - none of them come close. Want another fact? As of right now, Chelsea are the most successful English side since Abramovich took over - and Lampard has been the fulcrum of that success.

He's the quintessential example of how hardwork can pay off. People raised their eyebrows when we forked out £11m for him in 2001 and now it's considered an absoloute bargain. Liverpool's best side in that period was under Benitez with Alonso, Mascherano, Reina and a spirtely Torres in the team, what did he do for Liverpool then? Zilch. From 2004-2006 - Lampard was playing at a level no other midfielder in Europe was matching, and was only bested by Ronaldinho in 2005.

The fact Pirlo speaks so highly of him says it all. I don't care what people think about Lampard, to Chelsea he has been an absoloute legend, he'll go down as one of the Premiership's greatest ever midfielders, and was/still is admired by his peers in the footballing world. That's all that matters. Gerrard probably still regrets not joining Chelsea when he had the chance.

He's an intelligent and classy guy too. One of the few Chelsea players I like.

PS: I disagree about the highlighted part

Home of Barca Fans