User Tag List

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Frank Lampard

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a very good premier league player but he can't control a game at the higher level. Never good enough for Barca either.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any truth in some recent rumours that Alex Ferguson is keen on signing him on a free transfer this summer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also came across the rumor that Pirlo asked him to join Juventus. :O

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll probably cash in and go to the US or China. I do think he could do quite well in Italy though, still has the legs for Serie A.

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be hilarious. Imagine this midfield.

Giggs-Scholes-Lamps-Becks

You're not even a real journalism
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Semi-Neutral View Post
    That would be hilarious. Imagine this midfield.

Giggs-Scholes-Lamps-Becks

Even now, that's a pretty damn decent midfield.

Karnivore
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmi View Post
    Mutton dressed as lamb.

Not even close to a fit Gerrard.
    Still amusing to see people talk up Gerrard, who's done absoloutely nothing of note for four years now.

Lampard's goal scoring record and assist record is phenomenal - he's the most productive player in the Premiership since 2000 - that's a cold hard fact. Henry, Ronaldo, Scholes, Giggs, Rooney, van Persie, Drogba, GERRARD - none of them come close. Want another fact? As of right now, Chelsea are the most successful English side since Abramovich took over - and Lampard has been the fulcrum of that success.

He's the quintessential example of how hardwork can pay off. People raised their eyebrows when we forked out 11m for him in 2001 and now it's considered an absoloute bargain. Liverpool's best side in that period was under Benitez with Alonso, Mascherano, Reina and a spirtely Torres in the team, what did he do for Liverpool then? Zilch. From 2004-2006 - Lampard was playing at a level no other midfielder in Europe was matching, and was only bested by Ronaldinho in 2005.

The fact Pirlo speaks so highly of him says it all. I don't care what people think about Lampard, to Chelsea he has been an absoloute legend, he'll go down as one of the Premiership's greatest ever midfielders, and was/still is admired by his peers in the footballing world. That's all that matters. Gerrard probably still regrets not joining Chelsea when he had the chance.

Legion of Doooom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's being linked with Juventus, Lazio and Fiorentina right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If MU united want to have a real chance against RM, Then they should buy him.

Karnivore
    He'd be cup tied anyway, and Man Utd wouldn't have a hope in hell even if they fielded 22 players. Clearly lots of tension between Mourinho and the board at Madrid, it's a circus act right now, but come the CL, they'll be right up for it. I suspect Man Utd will be on the end of a proper spanking in one of these matches.

Dr. Raed St. Claire
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by La Furia View Post
    He's being linked with Juventus, Lazio and Fiorentina right now.
    I'd love it if he moved to Fiorentina but he'd fit Lazio more.
    May permanent peace be brought to the Arab world. My heart goes out to the families of those who have lost loved one(s). I wish and hope those who are creating religious, racial, regional, and tribal divisions among/within the Arab nations would be defeated in their quest for the destruction of the Middle East.

Scandinavian 101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnivore View Post
    Still amusing to see people talk up Gerrard, who's done absoloutely nothing of note for four years now.

Lampard's goal scoring record and assist record is phenomenal - he's the most productive player in the Premiership since 2000 - that's a cold hard fact. Henry, Ronaldo, Scholes, Giggs, Rooney, van Persie, Drogba, GERRARD - none of them come close. Want another fact? As of right now, Chelsea are the most successful English side since Abramovich took over - and Lampard has been the fulcrum of that success.

He's the quintessential example of how hardwork can pay off. People raised their eyebrows when we forked out 11m for him in 2001 and now it's considered an absoloute bargain. Liverpool's best side in that period was under Benitez with Alonso, Mascherano, Reina and a spirtely Torres in the team, what did he do for Liverpool then? Zilch. From 2004-2006 - Lampard was playing at a level no other midfielder in Europe was matching, and was only bested by Ronaldinho in 2005.

The fact Pirlo speaks so highly of him says it all. I don't care what people think about Lampard, to Chelsea he has been an absoloute legend, he'll go down as one of the Premiership's greatest ever midfielders, and was/still is admired by his peers in the footballing world. That's all that matters. Gerrard probably still regrets not joining Chelsea when he had the chance.
    He's an intelligent and classy guy too. One of the few Chelsea players I like.

PS: I disagree about the highlighted part

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deco 20 View Post
    PS: I disagree about the highlighted part
    I know who you're going to point out.

Scandinavian 101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged