User Tag List

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
Results 736 to 747 of 747

Thread: Edinson Cavani

  1. #736
    Senior Member
    clemente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    835
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy is incredible striker, can only dream of having someone like him right now, cannot beleave Suarez was considered better than him not too long ago

  2. #737
    Senior Member
    vlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,593
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like you started watch him know, guy choked in every big match for PSG, missing clear chances and hiding

  3. #738
    Senior Member
    clemente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    835
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad View Post
    Like you started watch him know, guy choked in every big match for PSG, missing clear chances and hiding
    What are those big matches? He kicked us out of last ucl basically, especially that 1-3 goal in 2nd leg, that game the whole PSG team choked, especially players like Lucas who pretty much allowed us to have the possession 100% of the game. And he is somehow becoming better player with age, last year he already probably was the best striker in the world, and now he seems to be playing even better.

  4. #739
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good movement but link up isn't good enough for Barca. And my god does he miss some chances.

  5. #740
    Senior Member
    vlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,593
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clemente View Post
    What are those big matches? He kicked us out of last ucl basically, especially that 1-3 goal in 2nd leg, that game the whole PSG team choked, especially players like Lucas who pretty much allowed us to have the possession 100% of the game. And he is somehow becoming better player with age, last year he already probably was the best striker in the world, and now he seems to be playing even better.
    Lets wait when psg will get stronger teams to play, its really not secret that cavani is not the most clinical striker out there, its easy when they play vs team in france, where they create plenty of chances



    Edit: if he come to barca he can easily turn to be like suarez know, but one thing is sure, he was never at suarez level when luis was on top

  6. #741
    Senior Member
    Lutece FC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    962
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clemente View Post
    What are those big matches? He kicked us out of last ucl basically, especially that 1-3 goal in 2nd leg, that game the whole PSG team choked, especially players like Lucas who pretty much allowed us to have the possession 100% of the game. And he is somehow becoming better player with age, last year he already probably was the best striker in the world, and now he seems to be playing even better.
    +1. I'm not a huge fan of Cavani, not fan of his style. But he gives 100% of him at every match and in big matches, he is one of the best striker in the world. He has two major strengths : his head game (the best with Lewandowski and CR7) and his mouvements. He is a poison for a defender.

    Of course I prefer Suarez 1000x times. But right now in Uruguay, Cavani is the boss, he leads his team.

    NO POLITICS IN FOOTBALL !

  7. #742
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    833
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    suarez was definitely better than cavani if you're comparing both at their peaks. the suarez today is 1/10th of the player he was in the 13-14 and 14-15 seasons. i'd give cavani the edge in longevity and i do like his current game.

  8. #743
    Senior Member
    Givenchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    576
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutece FC View Post
    +1. I'm not a huge fan of Cavani, not fan of his style. But he gives 100% of him at every match and in big matches, he is one of the best striker in the world. He has two major strengths : his head game (the best with Lewandowski and CR7) and his mouvements. He is a poison for a defender.

    Of course I prefer Suarez 1000x times. But right now in Uruguay, Cavani is the boss, he leads his team.
    not just for Uruguay, imo he is the best ST in the world right now

  9. #744
    Senior Member
    Jair Ventura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Rio De Janeiro
    Posts
    1,826
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  10. #745
    Senior Member
    Yannik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Hannover
    Posts
    4,082
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Givenchy View Post
    not just for Uruguay, imo he is the best ST in the world right now
    I'd still take Lewandowski, but Cavani is maybe 2nd or 3rd depending where you rank Kane.

  11. #746
    Moderator
    El Flaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    9,985
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clemente View Post
    This guy is incredible striker, can only dream of having someone like him right now, cannot beleave Suarez was considered better than him not too long ago
    To be fair, Cavani played out of position as a winger for 3 years to accommodate Zlatan.

    Aside that, he was actually considered better than Suárez when the former tearing stuff up in Serie A back then.

  12. #747
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    135
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cavani is not a big game choker, he was as a winger but sinze playing like a striker:

    2 goals against Arsenal in 2 games
    2 against Barca in 2 games
    1 against Bayern in 1 games.

    You can see that even in Napoli years his record against big teams was 1 goal per game. I can't think about another striker who is so consistent in scoring in big games

Tags for this Thread