Edinson Cavani

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
how often does a team in a top 5 league encounter an opponent bigger or better than Arsenal per season really? 2-3 times?
Would you consider Arsenal an elite club or one of the top teams in Europe? I certainly don't.

Ritchie

What are you on about? Ronaldo is in the top 2-3 best finishers in the game, some may even consider him the best. Not in the least like Cavani.

He needs a lot of chances and shots. Look at the amount of chances he missed at the Euros.

Put Cavani up front for Real Madrid 90 minutes every game, make him the focal point of every attack and give him every penalty and he'd score 50 a season there as well.

Yannik

Would you consider Arsenal an elite club or one of the top teams in Europe? I certainly don't.

Of course. Because I have different standards than you. I am a Hannover fan, not a Barca fan, I don't take such clubs for given or call them average (like some guy previously did). Their squad, fanbase, financial ressources, achievements etc are infinitely larger than those of my club which is probably fitting the standards of an average european club a lot more. They have players under criticism that would be considered all time greats at my club (actually they have one of those in Mertesacker) and they are a guaranteed CL participant in a league where nothing else is guaranteed, just like they are guaranteed to always progress from that group stage and join the top 16 clubs in the world.
My perception of "elite team" or "top team" is a different than yours. The standards on a barcaforum like this, aren't always translatable to other places and often look spoiled to fans of clubs who aren't used to worldclass football every week. 95% of clubs aren't used to that either. For me top teams surpass a certain threeshold of different factors that the AVERAGE Club might never actually reach, that's why for me Arsenal is a top club. Not like a "giant" or so, but a top club.

Last edited:

El Flaco

Edinson Cavani in 2016/17 so far: 30 games - 31 goals

ajmfsmalvley.png

Yannik

Will definitely be a factor in the CL tie. His record this season has been nothing short of impressive.

Home of Barca Fans