MLS

MaxY

Devil May Cry
MLS could get much more popular when players like Zlatan and Ronaldo join in the future.

SirXavi

The Engineer
GAAHHHHH!!!!!!!! My hometown team Toronto FC lost in the final on FECKIN PENALTY KICKS :cry:. Shitty 120 minutes TBH. That said, congratulations to any Seattle Sounders fans here.

vlad

GAAHHHHH!!!!!!!! My hometown team Toronto FC lost in the final on FECKIN PENALTY KICKS :cry:. Shitty 120 minutes TBH. That said, congratulations to any Seattle Sounders fans here.

keep your head up mate.

what did they play for?

SirXavi

The Engineer
keep your head up mate.

what did they play for?

Thanx. It was the MLS Cup final. Championship game for the top flight league in USA and Canada. Toronto was hosting it in their own stadium which makes it even shittier.

Messi983

Thanks. :)

Bad game and bad refereeing overall. Toronto was a better side but Stefan Frei was just unbelievable. :worthy:

Amazing achievement from the team after everything that happened this season. In July I didn't even believe we'll qualify for the playoffs but then Brian Schmetzer and Nico Lodeiro changed our fortune.

BarcaOG

Banned
Watched the match (I am Canadian!) and was thoroughly unimpressed. MLS is decades behind European football in terms of quality. Giovinco was particularly bad: selfish the entire game, hardly passing the ball when good opportunities to attack materialized.

Definitely sucks for Toronto to lose like that at home though.

God Serena

I was invited to tryout for the Houston Dynamos today by a scout. I was really excited until I went home, googled it, and realized they're open tryouts, lol. Still, I wouldn't have known about them if I hadn't been tipped off. May 6th, my life may change...

El Flaco

I was invited to tryout for the Houston Dynamos today by a scout. I was really excited until I went home, googled it, and realized they're open tryouts, lol. Still, I wouldn't have known about them if I hadn't been tipped off. May 6th, my life may change...

Nice. Good luck mate! :)

God Serena

[MENTION=20420]God Serena[/MENTION]

Out of curiosity, how was your tryout from today mate? :)

First part of tryouts was stupid intense. It was all running. My group in particular were all guys hand picked by the coach (I was one of them) while the other groups were mostly guys who just found out about tryouts and signed up on a whim. We were held to much higher standards and I could barely survive. I threw up after this phase was over but somehow I made it to the next part while about half of the players from my group were sent home with scores that exceeded the average score of previous groups, just to make it clear to us that we had to live up to a higher standing. I've always been pretty fit but the coaches basically admitted they designed the first phase to kill us so they could weed out those who weren't "in shape", which despite me passing, really felt like me at that moment.

After that we had scrimmages and they listed our numbers and told us what teams to be on at first. This was only a couple of minutes after I had just thrown up from fatigue so I was already completely floored, but I gave it my best. I ended up being the only one on my team who tried to defend but my team won mainly through my defensive contribution, although the coaches were watching when I botched a pass badly that lead to a goal (Was too tired to give an accurate one after making a run to get the tackle).

They said they'll be contacting anyone they want to return tomorrow for the rest of the training. Everyone says I did well but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't pick me to return. Calls start going out in 40 minutes, and if I don't get a call before the game 2 and a half hours after that I know I didn't make it.

Home of Barca Fans