MLS (Usa's Major League Soccer)

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
A young league but i now live in America so i watch some matches every now and then.. some good young talent and also some older ex talent playing

I drove a 10 hour drive to Columbus to see a playoff match and watch my one my favs and my fellow country man guillermo barros schelotto played and scored 2 times, i also saw Beckham play when i was in LA.. he is a wanker

The new season is about to begin, i know their are Americans here on the forum so i wanted to see if their was any interest

Thur the new team Philly plays the other "sophmore" team Seattle it should be interesting

i aslo read that philly will play Valencia in the summer

diegomessi

What i am Embracing the culture MLS is more entertaining then scottish league imo...

freddie llungberg plays for seattle they have quite a fan base and a nice stadium

also they are sponsored by xbox 360 that is aaawsome

beef-supreme

I often watched highlights because during Beckham's move ESPN made a huge push here in the Philippines to promote the MLS, it was worse than the Hungarian league and the pitches are always stupid with loads of American Football lines criss-crossed over them. Wouldn't watch it even if it became something of a force, say up there with the Mexican Primera or something.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I'm boycotting MLS until they let the Montreal Impact into the league.

Glad to see JPA is still playing in NY though.

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
MLS needs to man up and let the clubs own their players. kinda like....the rest of the world

The excessive league power is the main reason MLS is so hard to take seriously. I know it's hard keeping control of players in such a global sport, but it makes the whole league seem artificial.

iced1776

Glad to see teams are at least getting their own smaller stadiums, instead of playing in 60-70k seat american football stadiums. There's barely an atmosphere as it is, let alone when 9/10 of the stadium is empty.

Looking forward to seeing a few Red Bulls games this year, the league needs as much support as possible. Yeah the quality isn't top notch but its still young and there's the small issue of american's for the most part not caring.

diegomessi

The first match of MLS is starting it is a new team called Philly from Pennsylvania vs a team with nice fans the seattle sounders .. they have a player called montero who is columbian and quite good, def good enough for Europe, also old Arsenal start Freddie Lugberg, should be a good match.

adil_909

have to support philly, as it's only an hour and a half away from where i live. let's go union!! don't embarrass yourselves in your very first game!

diegomessi

have to support philly, as it's only an hour and a half away from where i live. let's go union!! don't embarrass yourselves in your very first game!

Seattle is pretty good they won the Cup last season in their first season and their home support is amazing but my sister lives in Philly so i am cheering for them

Home of Barca Fans