Pep Guardiola

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We can guess what we want but City did get Bravo whilst we didn't want to sell and Pep was a major factor in it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We can guess what we want but City did get Bravo whilst we didn't want to sell and Pep was a major factor in it.

No. Soriano said he spoke to Bartomeu and was told the club would sell one before speaking with Bravo and ter Stegen, as neither wanted to sacrifice any minutes when they had the chance to play everything somewhere else.

DonAK

They obviously sounded out both GKs and got the permission to later talk with them from the club. That's an open secret, but it's not like the club didn't want to sell one of them. They took the decision to do so when both wanted to play everything. That's what Pep said too, that they knew about ter Stegen's situation. The club took a decision to sell one, and then sold Bravo to City instead of MAtS.

Not because evil, bald Guardiola stole him away from Barcelona while Bartomeu, Robert and Lucho were left reeling.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Things ain't black and white as you see them. Barto is a tool but you can't blame everything on him.
pep came sniffing and Bravo left.

Fats remain that pep coached 2 clubs after Barca and took a player for each of his new clubs with him. But never his fault is it.

DonAK

Not even blaming Barto. The GK situation was never sustainable long-term. One of them were always going to leave and the club took a decision. They wouldn't have forced Bravo to stay even if they could.

Pep or not. Man City or not. One would have left either way, but since Pep happened to want to sign a GK that suits his interpretation of football and goalkeepers, the Catalan media started running stories about how the evil guy tried to buy the entire Barca team and the likes of Messi, Busquets and others. False stories he quashed yesterday which now Sport and MD are retracting and busy shitting on each other for.

Like you said, not black and white and not like Pep and the side he belongs to are saints either, but this stupid narrative of how he tries to poach Barcelona players is being torn apart now, with the Catalan media helping proving him right by self-destructing.

vlad

7 conceded goals at camp nou, zero scored, with bayern and now city, all together 9 conceded, 3 scored in that match at allianz arena where ended 3:2 for bayern, que pasa pep?

Barcilliant

The problem with Pep is he is too ideological. He is married to the Cruyff styl and won't budge from it. While City may school those shitty teams in England it's alot harder to do the same against us at home.

Lucho is more practical and understands that you can't win every gameby dominating the opposition.

Chainsaw

Killahead
City fans are already taking shots at Pep after a series of poor results and the Bravo/Hart saga. And there are reports coming out from the English media that Aguero and Kompany Need to find another club, as they do not fit into Pep's playstyle.

Silas

Here is the actual quote:

"Out of my plans? I think I took a decision about my plans, and my plans are that Sergio and Vincent Kompany are part of the future of Manchester City," he said. "Kompany was not fit."

"Aguero was a tactical decision, we wanted more in the middle. I try to keep the ball in Camp Nou because I believe when you have the ball, Messi, Suarez and Neymar don't have it and they are still dangerous, but less dangerous."

"I spoke to Sergio about that, he was so understanding. He helped us a lot in the last minutes. That was the reason why."

"If Sergio decides to leave City it will be his decision. Next time you write this, that he is not in my plans, you can call me or Simon [City's press officer] - you may not have my number but you can call Simon - and we can explain what is the truth."

Last edited:

Total-Football

there is no way Pep is coming here while Rosell's buddies are in charge .. that's really bad , would love him here again in 3 or 4 years after his spell at city comes to an end .

khaled_a_d

there is no way Pep is coming here while Rosell's buddies are in charge .. that's really bad , would love him here again in 3 or 4 years after his spell at city comes to an end .

I doubt Pep will come back as a coach to any of the club he managed. He just doesn't seem like that type of guy tbh.
The only position I can see him is sort of a club adviser like Crujif with Laporta but it will have to be with someone he trust and it will be when he get bored with coaching.

Home of Barca Fans