Pep Guardiola

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
The cult level admiration that Pep enjoys from the supposed Barcelona fans here is even more than the guy himself has for Barcelona!

No denying that he is a great manager but he is not the world beater that people here make him out to be. You know what makes sure he never becomes that world beater? It is his blind love towards his philosophy and refusal to accept the existence any other, the very same one that brought him his success btw!!

I started following Barcelona only from Rijkaard days . So i can only asses based on what i saw

Pep
Luis Enrique
Rijkaard
Valverde
Tito
Tata Martino

Pep
Lucho
Rjikaard
Tito
Valverde
Tata

Tito better than Valverde by a mile! Tito has knack for tactical changes which Valverde can only dream of

Lucho definitely better than Rjikaard - Both had the support of a strong team but Lucho had better control on the superstars! I mean he kicked even Pique's arse for crying out loud :p

ini4ever

It is his blind love towards his philosophy and refusal to accept the existence any other, the very same one that brought him his success btw!!

It's true for every manager tho, you see Mou change his philosophy ? Maybe they tweak some part of it ( as Pep himself said he did some minor changes to get adapted in EPL ) but the core is always there and never change. I'd say it's quite impossible for a manager to change his philosophy especially when you're at top league and being expected to delivery trophies every season.

El Flaco

[tw]1039944733609656322[/tw]

Pep Guardiola: "I'll finish my career where I started: my last steps will hopefully be at Barça."

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Love it, moreover I, unlike many turncoat fans, have never had any doubts

He is Barça through and through

Last edited:

Xtroverto

But before Rijkaard we were nowhere the elite as we were during Lucho. Rijkaard laid the foundation for our present greatness

The fundation for our present greatness was laid by non other than Johan Cruyff, he is 80-90% responsible for everything good that has happened to this club the last 30 years, either directly or indirectly. Barcelona has always been an elite club in terms of attracting star players, and the club Rijkaard came to was a european power house even though we had no Messi back then, CC win 1989, CC final 1991, EC win 1992, EC final 1994, UC semi 1996, CC win 1997, UC semi 2001, EC semi 2003.

Cule4life

The Culest
The fundation for our present greatness was laid by non other than Johan Cruyff, he is 80-90% responsible for everything good that has happened to this club the last 30 years, either directly or indirectly. Barcelona has always been an elite club in terms of attracting star players, and the club Rijkaard came to was a european power house even though we had no Messi back then, CC win 1989, CC final 1991, EC win 1992, EC final 1994, UC semi 1996, CC win 1997, UC semi 2001, EC semi 2003.

Dude i was comparing Rijkaard to Lucho. How did Cruyff come into the discussion? We were talking about recent managers.

Xtroverto

And you had to bring in Cruyff to defend Lucho. Says it all really.

Nobody needs to defend Lucho, he is the only manager in european cup history to win the trophy beating the English, French, German and Italian league champions from 1/8 through final. He is the only manager in football history to win 50 games in a single season, this is since the invention of the game.

Cule4life

The Culest
he is the only manager in european cup history to win the trophy beating the English, French, German and Italian league champions from 1/8 through final.

Who else had a chance to do that and failed? It was the draw not that a rule that team faces these champions every year on route to the final :lol:

He is the only manager in football history to win 50 games in a single season, this is since the invention of the game.

Valverde had only one loss in the league last year which Lucho never managed. Does that make him better than Lucho? Anybody can throw out random stats to paint an agenda

Home of Barca Fans