Pep Guardiola

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Rijkaard had 5 seasons, Lucho 3. Frank was given more time and wasn't under same pressure as Lucho either. Frank build more for the future though.

Both will remain in fond memories.

Cule4life

The Culest
Rijkaard had 5 seasons, Lucho 3. Frank was given more time and wasn't under same pressure as Lucho either. Frank build more for the future though.

But before Rijkaard we were nowhere the elite as we were during Lucho. Rijkaard laid the foundation for our present greatness

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
That's wrong. Could seem that way if you only look at trophies. Barca played best football in the world under Cruyff, had the best team under Robson, only few years afterwards played some of the best football under Van Gaal. Then there was a black hole of 5 years of turmoil much because of Gaspart.

We were always up there with the best and I enjoyed Barca football under all those coaches.

Cule4life

The Culest
I didn't say we never played great football or didn't have good teams before. But the success Rijkaard got us laid foundation for our present aura where we are the first destination for the best players

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't say we never played great football or didn't have good teams before. But the success Rijkaard got us laid foundation for our present aura where we are the first destination for the best players

Actually Van Gaal laid foundations for Rijkaard.

You can't just pluck things out like that.

Andrew M

I'm not sure I agree that Lucho was under more pressure. I'm interested to hear why you think so, however.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Catalan, ball boy, La Masia product, Senior team player, 1st CL cup winner for club, Coached a 4th division cantera side to promotion in one season, brought a few of those 4th division players with him to the senior team and created the most successful, dominating and joyful version of Barcelona the club or football has ever seen.

No one will better what he has contributed to the club, his legacy is secure and will live on longer than most of us will be alive. No one is more Blaugrana than Pep

Home of Barca Fans