Pep Guardiola

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yes I`m covered in ashes. I doubted him but he`s doing good so far. Let`s hope he keeps it up.

Evil

Shabazz
Re: Props to Pep

Wow, I'm happy to see you've changed your mind about him.

Anyways, 11 wins on the run, the coming matches will really be testing.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Props to Pep

Well done for bringing Henry in yesterday. Pep showed some smart moves lately.

B

Bardh

The core players of Barca are such that they only need little guiding. The current Barca does not need regulation, it's a capitalist "economy". Just fixing of the details. Pep was the right puzzle piece to fill in and take care of the discipline, order, training, harmony and rotation. Everything else is taken care of itself. This generation comes ones in a lifetime. Too bad Frank did not understand this a few years back and cooked two titles on the plate for Real Madrid when FCB could have made paramount history and surpass the Dream Team.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
That`s well said Bardh, and we often repeated it on other forum. Such a pity we handed Madrid 2 titles. Just a bit more discipline could led us to 4 consecutive La Liga wins.

Monte-Barça

Ziga-Zagar
Cheers guys!
I was really impress by Pep reaction after wining game 6-0 against Valladolid. He critisised our defence, when everyone were celebrating. I think his first move with transfers next season will be changing in defece. Pique was great transfer, but I'm afraid that we'll never ge anything out of Caseres. Marquez still making strange mistakes from time to time, and it's OK as long as our attack kicks ass, but we all know that even the best can miss. As Pep said - we're not perfect team yet.

Anyway nice to see you again! ;)
Petar

M.L. King

The Preacher
Monte-Barça said:
Cheers guys!
Pique was great transfer, but I'm afraid that we'll never ge anything out of Caseres. Marquez still making strange mistakes from time to time, and it's OK as long as our attack kicks ass, but we all know that even the best can miss. As Pep said - we're not perfect team yet.

Anyway nice to see you again! ;)
Petar

It's pointless to make such conclusions. Remember we are not even over the third of the season. Pique has played well but far from perfect as for Caceres, he hasn't had many chances to prove himself, has he? He is still young and will have a lot of time to play and demonstrate his qualities.

Monte-Barça

Ziga-Zagar
May be, but for someone for whom we payed so much money, he seems highly unsecure. Every chance he had, he wasn't convincnig at all. Look Busquets, Bojan, Sanchez all that young players looking as veterans. He must proof himself soon. You can see quality despite expirience, but I still can not see it in Casesres (at least not the level we need). I hope I'm wrong.

Iniesta

Pep has far exceeded my expectations, hope he keeps up the great work. He has been the thing we have missed in the past 2 season, brings discipline and keeps the players grounded after these high wins. His Rotating of players is working quite well. But his faith in some of the B team he used to coach is still a bit silly imvho. But in Pep we trust i say

M.L. King

The Preacher
Iniesta said:
But his faith in some of the B team he used to coach is still a bit silly imvho. But in Pep we trust i say

I agree with you on this one mate... but as long as the results are here no one will raise the voice and doubt his decisions as you said. I'd still rather see some other player than Victor Sanchez.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Guardiola: Titles are not won in November

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola was keen to quell any title talk after his in-form side opened up a three-point gap at the top of La Liga.

Barca made the most of high-flying rivals Real Madrid, Villarreal and Valencia all dropping points this weekend by defeating Recreativo Huelva 2-0 to put daylight between themselves and the chasing pack.

That was a ninth successive league win for the freescoring Catalan giants who are looking unstoppable at present, but Guardiola knows there is still a long way to go.

"They are three points which help give us strength, but no league is won in November. What it means is that we are top for another week, and if we are not attentive to our rivals they could close up on us again," he said.

"Now we need to rest, prepare for the game against Getafe and continue fighting."

Barca have made a habit of destroying teams early on in matches this season, but they had to wait until the 51st minute to make the breakthrough against a Recre side that are now second-bottom of the standings following this weekend's results.

That opener was scored by Lionel Messi, and substitute Seydou Keita then sealed a hard-earned triumph with Barca's second late on.

"It was a very important victory in a very even game, as expected, because Recreativo - since the arrival of Lucas Alcaraz - are a team who concede few goals and are very organised, as they showed on this occasion," added Guardiola.

Barca are now three points clear of second-placed Villarreal, who were held 2-2 by Malaga, and five points above of Valencia and Madrid, who each lost on Saturday night against Sporting Gijon and Real Valladolid, respectively.

It was almost the perfect weekend for Barca, but Dani Alves believes they just need to keep concentrating on what they are doing and not be distracted by what is happening elsewhere.

"What we must do is focus on ourselves. We knew the results of the rest of our rivals, but we keep them to one side. We do not focus on them, we are thinking more about what we are doing," he said.

Source: ESPN

Home of Barca Fans