Pep Guardiola

BarcaOG

Banned
good for guardiola, he's a great league coach. to become the undisputed best he really has to do something about his annual away-leg CL stumpings

Morten

good for guardiola, he's a great league coach. to become the undisputed best he really has to do something about his annual away-leg CL stumpings

Does he? Ferguson was a domestic boss too, but he "only" won a few CLs, he is still regarded as the best by most people.
Its a difficult/unfair comparison though, as Fergie didnt just walk into a United side that could spend fantasy money right away, no discredit to Pep ofc.

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
Does he? Ferguson was a domestic boss too, but he "only" won a few CLs, he is still regarded as the best by most people.
Its a difficult/unfair comparison though, as Fergie didnt just walk into a United side that could spend fantasy money right away, no discredit to Pep ofc.

i see your point; what i mean more specifically is that pep must at least stop getting trashed like he has been since he left barca. if he manages to win another one, great, but there is something really problematic about his terrible aggregate scores in the CL knockouts. to my knowledge SAF's sides were never routinely battered like pep's, even if he only won two CLs

shockey80

i see your point; what i mean more specifically is that pep must at least stop getting trashed like he has been since he left barca. if he manages to win another one, great, but there is something really problematic about his terrible aggregate scores in the CL knockouts. to my knowledge SAF's sides were never routinely battered like pep's, even if he only won two CLs
The scoreline flattered Liverpool this year...Liverpool deserved it but not to that extent. Last year wasn't a battering and neither was 2016 vs AM.
So really, we're talking about 2014 and 2015. In 2015 they had injury issues and in 2014, fair enough, that was wild.

Too many have fallen for the easy narrative. Carlo has won 4? CL's but he got sacked after 2 months this season. Don't take the winning for granted, its not easy. Regardless of money ( Unless you're PSG in domestic competition )

100 points in the Premier League is unheard of. If he does that, it would be more impressive than winning the CL.

RMU ReBorn

Look at the treble winning side of SAF . How many players can we mention among top 5 players of that era in their respective position? . Scholes was world class but was he better than likes of Nedved , Zidane ? . Saf was a genius . Pep has a long way to go to be compared with Saf . Just like Velverde had Messi , Pep had peak Messi , Xavi and Iniesta.

RMU ReBorn

SAf won a treble with players lile Nicky Butt , Yorke , Sheringham , OGS , Stam , Irwin, Wes brown , Neville brothers . Comparing Pep and Saf is a calamity :lol: .

Giggs , Scholes , Keane , Beckham was world class but there were at least 5 players better than them in world football at that period. To add more , their charismatic leader Keane and midfield Giant scholes were Suspended for the final . It's like us playing a Cl final without Iniesta and Xavi when they were at their peak

Last edited:

Joan

For me, it's now even about what he achieved, but how. Made the club the best in world by himself. I read somewhere that he missed the game only two times, once for his son's wedding, and the other time for scouting De Gea. So even this United is powered by SAF, at least its best part. He was a coach, sporting director, scout, president... everything.

Morten

Look at the treble winning side of SAF . How many players can we mention among top 5 players of that era in their respective position? . Scholes was world class but was he better than likes of Nedved , Zidane ? . Saf was a genius . Pep has a long way to go to be compared with Saf . Just like Velverde had Messi , Pep had peak Messi , Xavi and Iniesta.

I cant speak about a side from the 90s, i dont really know, but his side that took the CL and PL in 08 certainly had world class talent all over the pitch, though not to the extent Barca had.
But he devoloped several of those players, not everyone was a world star when they arrived there, he excelled at team building, not so many coaches can do that anymore, not like they will get the chance to do so.

KingLeo10

SAF built 3 great sides from the ground up over 25 years without spending much.

pep had a team of extraordinary talented individuals playing at one of the highest levels ever seen in football history. he's great but nothing in comparison to SAF who is legend personified.

Home of Barca Fans