Page 649 of 649 FirstFirst ... 149549599639647648649
Results 9,721 to 9,726 of 9726

Thread: Pep Guardiola

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pep may win here and there - understatement of the century

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He couldn't possibly replicate what he did with Barca again. Barca fell few steps down in financial power and there is no once in a lifetime generation to take over.

Leave the memories where they belong. That pep is dead anyway.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamrock View Post
    The reason he left barca clearly had to do with the fact that laporta left & those who replaced him weren't to his liking, not that he would have stayed & been our SAF
    No manager ever says they want to replicate what wenger or SAF did
    if anything i imagine those days are over for any big club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta View Post
    But don't you think it's about him and not Klopp? You are right that Klopp will take advantage of his high line, but Pep will play the same way (with his highline) 10/10 times against Klopp. And not just Klopp, against everybody.

He has no plan b. If you need a goal, bring in an attacker. But that won't often work. If you bring Paco for Suarez, nothing will change. The opponent will block us the same way. We still won't be able to cross nor play from corners.

I agree about the league. Nobody's taking it from Pep.
    He showed against Poch Spurs that he can overcome that as I don't see much difference between Poch and Klopp approach, both press and both have good attacks, however neither can play possession. Pep beat Poch Spurs twice this season had 53% @ home and 52% away. He conceded possession to them and tighten up the space for Spurs attackers not to have much space to operate in, which worked. I feel the same would've happen to Pool, but for some reason he didn't try it against them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    60m over 3 years.

Absurd money FFS.
    Could be worse you could pay Sanchez over 100m in 4 years

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the fact that liverpool beat city 3 times as well as united is clear indication that pep did not 'buy' the league because there are good, rival teams that can take him on. the whole buying the league thing is just a sad excuse to rob him of the credit he deserves as a master tactician and a phenomenal campaign coach. cup coaching is definitely his flaw
    peptastic