Page 691 of 695 FirstFirst ... 191591641681689690691692693 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,365 of 10412

Thread: Pep Guardiola

  1. #10351
    Senior Member
    MTL_Barca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,781
    Peps days at City are numbered anyway, even without the CL ban there were already rumors he wanted to quit and i don't see him stay longer than 2021. Now if the ban goes through it will just seal the deal.

    He built the City team from scratch so this is it, i don't think he wants to spend the time and energy to start over.

    I'd love him to return 2021 with a new board and new team in the making but i don't have high hopes for this, he'll probably be at Juve or PSG by then.

  2. #10352
    Senior Member
    SeloBarca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Falkenberg
    Posts
    2,991
    Would love to see him back in Barcelona with Xavi as assistant
    But not while Fartomeu is in charge

  3. #10353
    Senior Member
    tacticvarium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,676
    Quote Originally Posted by SeloBarca View Post
    Would love to see him back in Barcelona with Xavi as assistant
    That would be a perfect scenario!

  4. #10354
    Senior Member
    Messi983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    8,331
    He'll never come back, forget about him.

    Also, for people wanting CL title you know how his record there is since he left us? His style just doesn't work anymore in the CL and we don't have that young, hungry, motivated technically superior team anymore we've had in 2008-11 so even if he would return he wouldn't do much.
    Last edited by Messi983; 15th February 2020 at 09:17 AM.

  5. #10355
    Valverde Cultist
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,883
    Quote Originally Posted by MTL_Barca View Post
    Peps days at City are numbered anyway, even without the CL ban there were already rumors he wanted to quit and i don't see him stay longer than 2021. Now if the ban goes through it will just seal the deal.

    He built the City team from scratch so this is it, i don't think he wants to spend the time and energy to start over.

    I'd love him to return 2021 with a new board and new team in the making but i don't have high hopes for this, he'll probably be at Juve or PSG by then.
    Built the tesm from scratch? Excuse me?

    Aguero, KDB, David Silva, Sterling, Kompany, Otamendi, all the backbone of the city squad Pep inherited.

  6. #10356
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    88
    Guardiola brought them to a new level.

  7. #10357
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    563
    He'd at least clear out Club de Amigos...
    Zehahahahahahahaha


  8. #10358
    Senior Member
    MTL_Barca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Messigician View Post
    Built the tesm from scratch? Excuse me?

    Aguero, KDB, David Silva, Sterling, Kompany, Otamendi, all the backbone of the city squad Pep inherited.
    A big part of the team was either bought under Guardiola or was there for a short time, and tbh i wouldn't even be surprised if Pep was already involved when Sterling, KdB or Sané got signed as they were also linked to Bayern at the time and the decision to join City was probably already made at that point.

    Anyway he finished what started in 2015 and the ManCity team we see now is Peps team, and it also shows in how they play of course. This is it, he had enough time to build his team there. Either it'll work (especially in CL) or not but i don't really see him stay that much longer no matter what happens with the potential ban.
    Last edited by MTL_Barca; 15th February 2020 at 07:37 PM.

  9. #10359
    Senior Member
    Andresito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackle View Post
    City in trouble, which only means one thing:

    Pep is going to take the easy way out.

  10. #10360
    Senior Member
    The Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    773
    Amazing loyalty to his childhood club. I fully understand now why at Barca he claimed that the 4th season was a mistake and one too many. Why waste time at a plastic oil club like Barca with 10 fans when you have the chance to coach your historic childhood club for minumum of 5 seasons, even if they were to be relegated. What a man.

  11. #10361
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    6,785
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    Amazing loyalty to his childhood club. I fully understand now why at Barca he claimed that the 4th season was a mistake and one too many. Why waste time at a plastic oil club like Barca with 10 fans when you have the chance to coach your historic childhood club for minumum of 5 seasons, even if they were to be relegated. What a man.
    Can you blame him? He probably has way more control over the team with City instead of dealing with our team of clowns(Bartomeu and friends).

  12. #10362
    Senior Member
    The Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    773
    Bartomeu has spent more than anyone would have imagined that Barca was even capable of. Mostly on the wrong players but the willingness to spend was always there. There is no way Guardiola wouldn't have gotten every player he wanted and full control over transfers, just like Messi gets all his wishes, including a bailout clause where he can leave for free whenever he wants.

    Bartomeu is weak unlike Perez. He'd actually be glad to hand over responsibilites to someone with huge pedigree like Pep.

    That's hardly the reason, I'm sure Pep is more bothered by small stuff like media criticizing him and then he is petty if the board doesn't defend him immediately. He seems that type of person.

  13. #10363
    Senior Member
    MTL_Barca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,781
    Well for what it's worth i remember there were reports back then that Pep wanted to make some big changes to the squad. Pique is the only name i can remember, bit there were a few more.

    I don't know how reliable that was but it wouldn't surprise me and i don't think the board would've automatically allowed that.

    Probably wasn't the main reason he quit of course, but maybe a small part of it. He also won everything and still has something to prove with City.

  14. #10364
    Valverde Cultist
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,883
    Quote Originally Posted by MTL_Barca View Post
    Well for what it's worth i remember there were reports back then that Pep wanted to make some big changes to the squad. Pique is the only name i can remember, bit there were a few more.

    I don't know how reliable that was but it wouldn't surprise me and i don't think the board would've automatically allowed that.

    Probably wasn't the main reason he quit of course, but maybe a small part of it. He also won everything and still has something to prove with City.
    Yeah he wanted to sell Pique, Alves etc.

    Was pretty ludicrous

  15. #10365
    New signing
    TheStig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    Bartomeu has spent more than anyone would have imagined that Barca was even capable of. Mostly on the wrong players but the willingness to spend was always there. There is no way Guardiola wouldn't have gotten every player he wanted and full control over transfers, just like Messi gets all his wishes, including a bailout clause where he can leave for free whenever he wants.

    Bartomeu is weak unlike Perez. He'd actually be glad to hand over responsibilites to someone with huge pedigree like Pep.

    That's hardly the reason, I'm sure Pep is more bothered by small stuff like media criticizing him and then he is petty if the board doesn't defend him immediately. He seems that type of person.
    Anyone remembers which media outlet reported that in 2012? How credible was it? I remeber it was about Cesc, Pique and some other players but can't remember if it was really credible or not.
    Some say he's a fan of Barcelona...

Tags for this Thread