User Tag List

Page 646 of 674 FirstFirst ... 146546596636644645646647648656 ... LastLast
Results 9,676 to 9,690 of 10103

Thread: Pep Guardiola

  1. #9676
    Prediction champion 2012-2013
    Dan1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Luton
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were Champions elect in September lol.
    ^..._.....^....._...^
    .___).══╬═.││││││.(
    ____/___║__││││││._\
    .___┐_____F.C.B____.┌
    ____▀▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▀
    _____▓▓▒▒(@)▒▒▓▓
    ______.▀▒▒▓▓▒▒▀

  2. #9677
    Senior Member
    BarcaOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,959
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good for guardiola, he's a great league coach. to become the undisputed best he really has to do something about his annual away-leg CL stumpings
    peptastic

  3. #9678
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    9,053
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaOG View Post
    good for guardiola, he's a great league coach. to become the undisputed best he really has to do something about his annual away-leg CL stumpings
    Does he? Ferguson was a domestic boss too, but he "only" won a few CLs, he is still regarded as the best by most people.
    Its a difficult/unfair comparison though, as Fergie didnt just walk into a United side that could spend fantasy money right away, no discredit to Pep ofc.
    Last edited by Morten; 16th April 2018 at 01:13 AM.

  4. #9679
    Senior Member
    BarcaOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,959
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Does he? Ferguson was a domestic boss too, but he "only" won a few CLs, he is still regarded as the best by most people.
    Its a difficult/unfair comparison though, as Fergie didnt just walk into a United side that could spend fantasy money right away, no discredit to Pep ofc.
    i see your point; what i mean more specifically is that pep must at least stop getting trashed like he has been since he left barca. if he manages to win another one, great, but there is something really problematic about his terrible aggregate scores in the CL knockouts. to my knowledge SAF's sides were never routinely battered like pep's, even if he only won two CLs
    peptastic

  5. #9680
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    59
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaOG View Post
    i see your point; what i mean more specifically is that pep must at least stop getting trashed like he has been since he left barca. if he manages to win another one, great, but there is something really problematic about his terrible aggregate scores in the CL knockouts. to my knowledge SAF's sides were never routinely battered like pep's, even if he only won two CLs
    The scoreline flattered Liverpool this year...Liverpool deserved it but not to that extent. Last year wasn't a battering and neither was 2016 vs AM.
    So really, we're talking about 2014 and 2015. In 2015 they had injury issues and in 2014, fair enough, that was wild.


    Too many have fallen for the easy narrative. Carlo has won 4? CL's but he got sacked after 2 months this season. Don't take the winning for granted, its not easy. Regardless of money ( Unless you're PSG in domestic competition )

    100 points in the Premier League is unheard of. If he does that, it would be more impressive than winning the CL.

  6. #9681
    Senior Member
    dakt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    5,937
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  7. #9682
    Senior Member
    Alik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    7,066
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  8. #9683
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    9,053
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very happy, more than you believe, more than you believe.

  9. #9684
    Senior Member
    RMU ReBorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    God's own country
    Posts
    2,666
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Does he? Ferguson was a domestic boss too, but he "only" won a few CLs, he is still regarded as the best by most people.
    Its a difficult/unfair comparison though, as Fergie didnt just walk into a United side that could spend fantasy money right away, no discredit to Pep ofc.
    Look at the treble winning side of SAF . How many players can we mention among top 5 players of that era in their respective position? . Scholes was world class but was he better than likes of Nedved , Zidane ? . Saf was a genius . Pep has a long way to go to be compared with Saf . Just like Velverde had Messi , Pep had peak Messi , Xavi and Iniesta.
    ~ PRINCE OF PRAGMATISM ~

  10. #9685
    Senior Member
    Joan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,618
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SAF was a club himself. Legendary and historic.

  11. #9686
    Senior Member
    RMU ReBorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    God's own country
    Posts
    2,666
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SAf won a treble with players lile Nicky Butt , Yorke , Sheringham , OGS , Stam , Irwin, Wes brown , Neville brothers . Comparing Pep and Saf is a calamity .

    Giggs , Scholes , Keane , Beckham was world class but there were at least 5 players better than them in world football at that period. To add more , their charismatic leader Keane and midfield Giant scholes were Suspended for the final . It's like us playing a Cl final without Iniesta and Xavi when they were at their peak
    Last edited by RMU ReBorn; 7th May 2018 at 01:22 PM.
    ~ PRINCE OF PRAGMATISM ~

  12. #9687
    Senior Member
    Joan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,618
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, it's now even about what he achieved, but how. Made the club the best in world by himself. I read somewhere that he missed the game only two times, once for his son's wedding, and the other time for scouting De Gea. So even this United is powered by SAF, at least its best part. He was a coach, sporting director, scout, president... everything.

  13. #9688
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    9,053
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMU ReBorn View Post
    Look at the treble winning side of SAF . How many players can we mention among top 5 players of that era in their respective position? . Scholes was world class but was he better than likes of Nedved , Zidane ? . Saf was a genius . Pep has a long way to go to be compared with Saf . Just like Velverde had Messi , Pep had peak Messi , Xavi and Iniesta.
    I cant speak about a side from the 90s, i dont really know, but his side that took the CL and PL in 08 certainly had world class talent all over the pitch, though not to the extent Barca had.
    But he devoloped several of those players, not everyone was a world star when they arrived there, he excelled at team building, not so many coaches can do that anymore, not like they will get the chance to do so.

  14. #9689
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,287
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SAF built 3 great sides from the ground up over 25 years without spending much.

    pep had a team of extraordinary talented individuals playing at one of the highest levels ever seen in football history. he's great but nothing in comparison to SAF who is legend personified.

  15. #9690
    Moderator
    El Flaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    11,866
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tags for this Thread