Pep Guardiola

Mitchell1978

you're moving goalposts, the point im trying to make is that right now, is the first time we're asking the right questions in history. we're questioning colonialism, we're removing statues of murderers, we're analysing the socio-economic effects of racism WORLDWIDE from a top down approach.

if you think we're asking the right questions for the first time in history... delusional almost laughable nonsens

Richard.H

you're moving goalposts, the point im trying to make is that right now, is the first time we're asking the right questions in history. we're questioning colonialism, we're removing statues of murderers, we're analysing the socio-economic effects of racism WORLDWIDE from a top down approach. i dont care about left/right wing and everyone has their own interests, especially within chaos. all im saying is right now, the issue at hand is to understand the victims and to help by speaking up for those who cant. To brush it off as nonsense is to speak in the same language as the oppressor. its like blaming a **** victim for the type of clothes they wear.

Agreed, great post.

Morten

Its good to see that Guardiola changed his views on racism, his past views weren`t quite so "charitable".

Last edited:

Devils

If Real Madrid knock City out Pep should consider packing his bags, dawg.

It's a bit underrated how rubbish City have been this season.

Messigician

Chequebook manager.

While forum saying Pep improves young players while Valverde does nothing.

Ok tell me how he has improved Jesus, Stones, Mendy etc. Oh right he's credited for already great players luke KDB, Sterling, Sane etc.

Typical narrative.

Chequebook manager.

While forum saying Pep improves young players while Valverde does nothing.

Ok tell me how he has improved Jesus, Stones, Mendy etc. Oh right he's credited for already great players luke KDB, Sterling, Sane etc.

Typical narrative.

Sterling was never rated as highly as now before Pep. He improved Sterling massively. Sane was just promising youngster in Schalke. He improved tens of other players at City including likes of Zinchenko and Delph with whom he established two highest point totals in EPL history 100 and 98 points. Also no matter what is your narrative he is best coach in FC Barcelona history with 14 trophies total.

Givenchy

Klopp is the better manager imo and alot more likeable.

since Barca, Pep has taken the easy job every time. that being said, how the hell can you compare Valverdes 'development' of players to Pep :lol:

khaled_a_d

how the hell can you compare Valverdes 'development' of players to Pep :lol:

While I totally agree with you on this, I think one aspect Pep is overrated is dealing with home grown players.
He braught the likes of Busquets/Pedro/Thiago with him from B team he coached, but other than that his results in that department is underwhelming to say at least.

serghei

I'd say developing young players, homegrown or not, is one of Pep's strongest points.

His weak points for me are:

- transfers, especially defensive;
- his overly dictatorial attitude in dealing with big personality players;
- his media speech which is anything but genuine.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Klopp and Pep are in a league of their own.

I'd say developing young players homegrown or not is one of Pep's strongest points.
His weak points for me are:

- transfers, especially defensive;
- his overly dictatorial attitude in dealing with big personality players;
- his media speech which is anything but genuine.

Meh, that point is talked too much about now. He had issues with Eto'o and Zlatan, but that was a decade ago. Ribery who is a well known problem-maker, just ask the French National Team. Recently he had issues with Yaya Toure who was disrespecting him and himself by being a lazy fatass.

That's four players out of how many he's coached now?

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Legacies don't work the way some people on here believe they do.

Pep is one of the top 5 club managers of all time. He was probably there just based on his Barcelona stint. Mourinho, despite being a clown at the moment, is firmly a top 10 club manager of all time. Just because they're less effective now doesn't detract from the heights they achieved. Klopp is also top 10 right now.

serghei

Pep is one of the top 5 club managers of all time. He was probably there just based on his Barcelona stint. Mourinho, despite being a clown at the moment, is firmly a top 10 club manager of all time. Just because they're less effective now doesn't detract from the heights they achieved. Klopp is also top 10 right now.

Simeone is a great example as well. On paper, he didn't win that much, but the way he made Atletico a top 6 team in the world... that's an insane feat considering we used to smash them 5-0 and 6-1 on Camp Nou every year before he came there.

Not to mention winning the league with Atletico. That's like someone takes on Sevilla and in 3-4 years wins the title. Legacy guaranteed for that manager.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Simeone is a great example as well. On paper, he didn't win that much, but the way he made Atletico a top 6 team in the world

And he is great example of durability too.

That's four players out of how many he's coached now?

How many big stars who had big personality he coached? It is small sample size but in football it is still significant.
I agree he has improved substantially in dealing with his players, but those things takes time to get out of the reputation. He might be one asshole star again from proving he was over it/still like his old way.

Sterling was never rated as highly as now before Pep

Sterling was very highly rated player before Pep, but he took next step from being young player with potential to star player under him.

I'd say developing young players, homegrown or not, is one of Pep's strongest points.

Thing is, homegrown are totally different area than young players you sign after making first team impact somewhere else. There is necessary distinguishing there

Don't think anyone here seriously doubted his legacy.
Although sometimes legacies take hit if you stay on lower level than your prime for too long. Wenger is clear example of that.

FinBarcelonafan

Simeone is a great example as well. On paper, he didn't win that much, but the way he made Atletico a top 6 team in the world... that's an insane feat considering we used to smash them 5-0 and 6-1 on Camp Nou every year before he came there.

Not to mention winning the league with Atletico. That's like someone takes on Sevilla and in 3-4 years wins the title. Legacy guaranteed for that manager.

Simeone is worth gold to Atletico. Literally worth gold.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2707118-how-atletico-madrid-turned-to-private-lenders-to-keep-pace-with-real-madrid

It's insane how much he has effected Atletico financially. He is a real hero. Better than Pep. Maybe not the same trophies but.. I rate him the same.

Now Atletico is making a killing qualifying for the CL almost every season.

Home of Barca Fans