Pep Guardiola

Trillske

I´ve allways found him a bit dull, bit this angry interview is brilliant.

[youtube]wTF-fDsSJgI[/youtube]

(about not knowing about the red card in advance, including it in his strategy for the starting 11)
"Yes, sure, sure, big misstake, youre right"

(about correcting the big misstake after the fact)
"Yes, yes, im intelligent" :D

It's like PL have pissed him of to the point where he cant hide his humanity anymore.

Last edited:

Trillske

I think Pep perhaps might be a bit too much of an idealist
I´ve long had somewhat of a hunch that a lot of his coaching revolves around one fundamental psychological urge/need to dominate. It´s very consistent with how he treats situations where there would be clear benefits in trading domination of possession for actual results. E.g. even if the opponent places 9 players around your penalty area, the goal keeper should still play it short because its the only way to be in complete control of the flow of the game. I also believe this is a pattern in how he handles the squad and new signings.

Im extremely entertained by the Mourinho vs Pep battle in PL, and just wish their teams battled in the top as well. Because Mourinho and Pep seem so similar in their all-or-nothing persona, yet has so drastically different ways to get there. More than a battle of wits or muscles, its really a battle of fundamental method. Im even tempted to use the overused word "philosophy" (but in a context of method, not the resulting tactics).

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

[tw]817019852783321092[/tw]

If anyone thought otherwise, pretty clear he's never coming back now.

BarcaOG

Banned
^ He looks like he's about to lose it in that interview. Like he could snap and punch the journalist. Doesn't look well at all.

Barcilliant

He was fantastic when he was here but he's clearly burning out.

He should have taken another one year hiatus after Bayern. Instead he jumped into a new league and a lesser team in City. In the end City players are just a bunch of mercenaries. There are is no home grown spine of great players like Barca and Bayern. There is no real tradition at City.

He avoids conflict and is over sensitive. He is also too stubborn about his way of football. Too set in his ways.

ManusXavi

If Guardiola wants a break from managing elite football, he will do rest and leisure. I can't see him simply, going to do something else unrelated to football or office job. If Guardiola wants to work but not be an elite football head manager then my guess would be coming back to FC Barcelona to help La Masia in years down the track.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
What is he trying to say about Leo there? Look at Leo, look at Leo when Pep's greeting Eto'o. Thierry Henry's reaction is priceless though :p

If what he said is true, and I do not doubt it one bit, Pep is not exactly the saint that people here want to make him out to be, in fact he's quite opposite!

Last edited:

vlad

overrated

play zabaleta in midfield in such important match considering united - liverpool are next:lol:

edit: pressure will be huge after this one, lets he how he will respond

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans