Pep Guardiola

Gaudi

I watched city yesterday, while i'm still not convinced this style is not over it is incredible to see how much smarter coach Pep is next to our recent coaches. He does change and still keep the style. He uses a lot of low crosses having seen his style offers a lot of space on wings...but his midfielders are attacking the box unlike out suarez in between 4 defenders and everyone else static. They look very dynamic in movement and very organized in defence. I don't mean last 4 defenders but entire team looks good.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
why the salt..

that third goal was a thing of BEAUTY. from a strictly technical/footballing perspective, no barca fan can say otherwise, as it is precisely the 'way' we try to play

No salt. I can't appreciate something artificial built on scam. It's nothing like Barca other than shallow appearances.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca with the scams orchestrated by Rosell and his Brazilian money laundering schemes?

No. If you want to look for negatives, go ahead, you can always pick something. But don't compare Barca to that abomination because you are pep fanboy.

Barca with their 120 year history of being owned by their fans and being a synonym for beautiful football remains.

Cule4life

The Culest
No. If you want to look for negatives, go ahead, you can always pick something. But don't compare Barca to that abomination because you are pep fanboy.

Barca with their 120 year history of being owned by their fans and being a synonym for beautiful football remains.

I'd call out your double standard even if Pep wasn't at city.

And why do you keep bringing up oil money in a football and tactics discussion? We get it you hate the sheikhs. Everybody does. Stop beating a dead horse. We can appreciate good football while knowing sheikhs are behind it, even if you can't

Last edited:

BBZ8800

I'd call out your double standard even if Pep wasn't at city.

And why do you keep bringing up oil money in a football and tactics discussion? We get it you hate the sheikhs. Everybody does. Stop beating a dead horse. We can appreciate good football while knowing sheikhs are behind it, even if you can't

I'll pull numbers from my ass to explain it to you.

Imagine if you have two twin brothers, let's call them Pep Guardiola and Pip Guardiola.
They are equally the same in everything.

Pep Guardiola is hired by the City and gets 800 Millions for transfer in 2-3 years, to buy EXACTLY the players whom he wants to apply his tactics.
His twin brother, Pip Guardiola, equally as good, gets hired by Arsenal/Inter. And gets only 150-200M to spend on his desired players.

Now, if they both want to play with good, technical midfielders and fast wingers, do you think that:
1. Pep Guardiola will be able to do it better with 3-4 new wingers worth 50-80M each and with 5 new midfielders worth 50+ M each?
2. or Pip Guardiola will be able to do that with 2 wingers worth 20 Millions (he won't even be able to buy someone like Malcom or Paco), and with midfielders on the level of Rafinha, Denis and some random 20M guys

Now, when you will look at their results and how nice their teams play, which 1 out of these 2 will happen:
1. Pep's team will have better results and will play a more fluent and beautiful attacking football?
2. Pip's poor team consisted of 2-3 good players and lots of cheaper average guys will set the world on fire, win league titles and kick out Pep's team out of a CL?

I am not saying that Pep is not good.
But you can test it on yourself.
You think that you understand football and tactics to some extent, right?
Go and buy Football manager game.
And then try to build a big team with 150M at your disposal and with 800M at your disposal.

In which option your team will be stronger and play more closer to your managerial ideas?
Is it easier to apply your ideas with a 150M budget or with a 800M budget?
Well, that is exactly what Pep Guardiola is doing.

I would like to see his wonders at Arsenal, Milan or Sevilla with average players and limited funds to buy new players for his ideas.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
^
But Pep ending up at a club like City with that kind of money that's of his own merit though. He is recognized as a great coach and it's why he got the job and the money. Now what seperates a good coach from an overrated one is still being able to perform at a high level regardless of the money at his disposal. Pep never gave his fans a season of boring football. He deserves credit for that.

BBZ8800

^
But Pep ending up at a club like City with that kind of money that's of his own merit though. He is recognized as a great coach and it's why he got the job and the money. Now what seperates a good coach from an overrated one is still being able to perform at a high level regardless of the money at his disposal. Pep never gave his fans a season of boring football. He deserves credit for that.

Barca, he had:
1. the best player in a history
2. prime Xavi, Iniesta, Busi.
= Won (only) 2 out of 4 CLs.

Bayern:
1. had a CL winning team, by far the best team in Bundesliga
= managed to win 0 Cls in 3 years without Messi

City:
His team was already one of the strongest, and then he spent insane number of Millions.
Still no CLs for him.
Till now: extremely rich clubs. 5 attempts to win a CL without Messi=0 success.

To some extent, wasn't Mourinho the same as him in his first 10 years at Porto (CL), Chelsea, Real, Inter (CL), Chelsea.
A lot of league titles, 2 CLs (without Messi)?
And then when he wasn't winning CLs anymore and when his football had been figured out, he started to get weaker jobs, with less money and that eventually led to less trophies and weaker results.
Till now he was at Barca (with prime Messi), then at Bayern, the richest club in Germany, and now at City, the richest club in an EPL, lol.

For anyone who will reply: CL is about luck and EPL/La liga is about being consistently good.
If CL is such a luck, how come that Barca has won in 4 times from 2006-2015 and that Real has won it 4 times in the last 5 years?

And is it a coincidence that Pep can't win a CL without Messi?
Even all the money in the world in the world is not enough when he plays against big boys in Europe.

I know, I know.
When Pep loses in Europe, it is not about bad knowledge and bad tactics.
It is about a bad luck :lol:

When EV loses in Europe=bad tactics.
When Pep loses in Europe=bad luck, injuries, refs, aliens.

Last edited:

Devils

Not the most likeable guy in the world these days but hands down the best manager in the world.

It’s a shame because I feel like he could be absolutely immense at helping the likes of Arthur, Dembele, Malcom, Lenglet etc all develop into incredible players.

He has his flaws but overall nobody even comes close.

El Flaco

BBC's MOTD studio analyzing Manchester City's 44-pass-goal from the derby yesterday

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/s47ml/jczjsp" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

MagIX

Not the most likeable guy in the world these days but hands down the best manager in the world.

It’s a shame because I feel like he could be absolutely immense at helping the likes of Arthur, Dembele, Malcom, Lenglet etc all develop into incredible players.

He has his flaws but overall nobody even comes close.

Develop players.... yes, if the player has the talent. For exemple he wanted absolutely Götze (who seemed an incredible talent)...at the end he wasn't the talent he seemed to be.
It's not that Pep does magic and every player he trains turns him into a phenomenon.
Arthur, Dembele, Malcom, Lenglet,... are not indisputable talents and until they not turn into incredible players it means we don't have the right coach, maybe some of them aren't as good as you think.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans