User Tag List

Page 646 of 646 FirstFirst ... 146546596636644645646
Results 9,676 to 9,686 of 9686

Thread: Pep Guardiola

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is obvious that his job was pretty hard at Bayern Munich after Heynckes won the treble, the same goes for ManCity where everybody expects a better performance in the CL, especially when investing so much money. But people don't seem to get it when it comes to cup and knock-out competitions, there is more luck and coincindence involved in those competitions compared to the league. On average, the league should always show who the better team is because it's a pretty long marathon. This is not the case for cup competitions. Labels like Fraudiola etc. are pure bullshit, the guy has proven himself with different teams in different leagues, thereby outclassing opponents on more than one occasion, with a playing philosophy that is not easy to adapt to... I can remember those years and the joy of watching our players outplay every opponent no matter how strong they were as if it was a fun training session on an afternoon... His anayltical and philosophical attitude and his self-confidence may seem professorial from time to time, but there is no doubt he has had the biggest influence on European football for the last decade and this is a legacy not a lot of people in the world can refer to when they retire...
    A genius, a virtuoso of a kind never seen before, playing with an orchestra that harmonizes perfectly together. That's Messi and FC Barcelona. (2011)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why I hesitate to jump on the bandwagon of these teams early on in the season.

Pep's team run rampant in the first half of the season and then slow down in the second. His last two weeks have been absolutely hellacious.

He'll still win the premier league, but I think they have underachieved this season after all they've spent recent times.
    Puyol #5

#BartomeuDimiteYa
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    He'll still win the premier league, but I think they have underachieved this season after all they've spent recent times.
    But aren't we the ones who say money cant buy everything?
    Every single fan who have once chanted my name at Camp Nou. I've loved every minute of fighting for you.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since 08/09:

Barcelona 27 titles
    Pep 23 titles
    Bayern Munich 18 titles
    Real Madrid 15 titles
    Juventus 14 titles
    Manchester United 12 titles

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man City became EPL winners mathematically after Man Utds 0-1 loss vs. West Brom at home.

Prediction champion 2012-2013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were Champions elect in September lol.
    ^•..._.....•^•....._...•^
    .___).══╬═.││││││.(
    ____/___║__││││││._\
    .___┐_____F.C.B____.┌
    ____▀▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▀
    _____▓▓▒▒(@)▒▒▓▓
    ______.▀▒▒▓▓▒▒▀

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good for guardiola, he's a great league coach. to become the undisputed best he really has to do something about his annual away-leg CL stumpings
    peptastic

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaOG View Post
    good for guardiola, he's a great league coach. to become the undisputed best he really has to do something about his annual away-leg CL stumpings
    Does he? Ferguson was a domestic boss too, but he "only" won a few CLs, he is still regarded as the best by most people.
    Its a difficult/unfair comparison though, as Fergie didnt just walk into a United side that could spend fantasy money right away, no discredit to Pep ofc.
    Last edited by Morten; 16th April 2018 at 12:13 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Does he? Ferguson was a domestic boss too, but he "only" won a few CLs, he is still regarded as the best by most people.
    Its a difficult/unfair comparison though, as Fergie didnt just walk into a United side that could spend fantasy money right away, no discredit to Pep ofc.
    i see your point; what i mean more specifically is that pep must at least stop getting trashed like he has been since he left barca. if he manages to win another one, great, but there is something really problematic about his terrible aggregate scores in the CL knockouts. to my knowledge SAF's sides were never routinely battered like pep's, even if he only won two CLs
    peptastic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaOG View Post
    i see your point; what i mean more specifically is that pep must at least stop getting trashed like he has been since he left barca. if he manages to win another one, great, but there is something really problematic about his terrible aggregate scores in the CL knockouts. to my knowledge SAF's sides were never routinely battered like pep's, even if he only won two CLs
    The scoreline flattered Liverpool this year...Liverpool deserved it but not to that extent. Last year wasn't a battering and neither was 2016 vs AM.
    So really, we're talking about 2014 and 2015. In 2015 they had injury issues and in 2014, fair enough, that was wild.

Too many have fallen for the easy narrative. Carlo has won 4? CL's but he got sacked after 2 months this season. Don't take the winning for granted, its not easy. Regardless of money ( Unless you're PSG in domestic competition )

100 points in the Premier League is unheard of. If he does that, it would be more impressive than winning the CL.