User Tag List

Page 661 of 665 FirstFirst ... 161561611651659660661662663 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,915 of 9967

Thread: Pep Guardiola

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's wrong. Could seem that way if you only look at trophies. Barca played best football in the world under Cruyff, had the best team under Robson, only few years afterwards played some of the best football under Van Gaal. Then there was a black hole of 5 years of turmoil much because of Gaspart.

We were always up there with the best and I enjoyed Barca football under all those coaches.

#BartomeuDimiteYa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't say we never played great football or didn't have good teams before. But the success Rijkaard got us laid foundation for our present aura where we are the first destination for the best players
    Every single fan who have once chanted my name at Camp Nou. I've loved every minute of fighting for you.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cule4life View Post
    I didn't say we never played great football or didn't have good teams before. But the success Rijkaard got us laid foundation for our present aura where we are the first destination for the best players
    Actually Van Gaal laid foundations for Rijkaard.

You can't just pluck things out like that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    Rijkaard had 5 seasons, Lucho 3. Frank was given more time and wasn't under same pressure as Lucho either. Frank build more for the future though.

Both will remain in fond memories.
    I'm not sure I agree that Lucho was under more pressure. I'm interested to hear why you think so, however.

Mike the Knife
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Catalan, ball boy, La Masia product, Senior team player, 1st CL cup winner for club, Coached a 4th division cantera side to promotion in one season, brought a few of those 4th division players with him to the senior team and created the most successful, dominating and joyful version of Barcelona the club or football has ever seen.

No one will better what he has contributed to the club, his legacy is secure and will live on longer than most of us will be alive. No one is more Blaugrana than Pep
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

Improvin' Perfection!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cult level admiration that Pep enjoys from the supposed Barcelona fans here is even more than the guy himself has for Barcelona!

No denying that he is a great manager but he is not the world beater that people here make him out to be. You know what makes sure he never becomes that world beater? It is his blind love towards his philosophy and refusal to accept the existence any other, the very same one that brought him his success btw!!

Quote Originally Posted by RMU ReBorn View Post
    I started following Barcelona only from Rijkaard days . So i can only asses based on what i saw

Pep
    Luis Enrique
    Rijkaard
    Valverde
    Tito
    Tata Martino
    Pep
    Lucho
    Rjikaard
    Tito
    Valverde
    Tata

Tito better than Valverde by a mile! Tito has knack for tactical changes which Valverde can only dream of

Lucho definitely better than Rjikaard - Both had the support of a strong team but Lucho had better control on the superstars! I mean he kicked even Pique's arse for crying out loud

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should go to reddit. You'll find more people with your IQ there.
    He's hopeless. Don't even bother replying to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryagorn View Post

It is his blind love towards his philosophy and refusal to accept the existence any other, the very same one that brought him his success btw!!
    It's true for every manager tho, you see Mou change his philosophy ? Maybe they tweak some part of it ( as Pep himself said he did some minor changes to get adapted in EPL ) but the core is always there and never change. I'd say it's quite impossible for a manager to change his philosophy especially when you're at top league and being expected to delivery trophies every season.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pep Guardiola: "I'll finish my career where I started: my last steps will hopefully be at Barça."

Mike the Knife
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love it, moreover I, unlike many turncoat fans, have never had any doubts

He is Barça through and through
    Last edited by FCBarca; 12th September 2018 at 08:07 PM.
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Return to work with kids or to manage the team?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta View Post
    Return to work with kids or to manage the team?
    La Masia

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Veni, vidi, vici

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But before Rijkaard we were nowhere the elite as we were during Lucho. Rijkaard laid the foundation for our present greatness
    The fundation for our present greatness was laid by non other than Johan Cruyff, he is 80-90% responsible for everything good that has happened to this club the last 30 years, either directly or indirectly. Barcelona has always been an elite club in terms of attracting star players, and the club Rijkaard came to was a european power house even though we had no Messi back then, CC win 1989, CC final 1991, EC win 1992, EC final 1994, UC semi 1996, CC win 1997, UC semi 2001, EC semi 2003.

#BartomeuDimiteYa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtroverto View Post
    The fundation for our present greatness was laid by non other than Johan Cruyff, he is 80-90% responsible for everything good that has happened to this club the last 30 years, either directly or indirectly. Barcelona has always been an elite club in terms of attracting star players, and the club Rijkaard came to was a european power house even though we had no Messi back then, CC win 1989, CC final 1991, EC win 1992, EC final 1994, UC semi 1996, CC win 1997, UC semi 2001, EC semi 2003.
    Dude i was comparing Rijkaard to Lucho. How did Cruyff come into the discussion? We were talking about recent managers.
    Every single fan who have once chanted my name at Camp Nou. I've loved every minute of fighting for you.