User Tag List

Page 661 of 669 FirstFirst ... 161561611651659660661662663 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,915 of 10035

Thread: Pep Guardiola

  1. #9901
    Improvin' Perfection!!
    Aryagorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8,760
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cult level admiration that Pep enjoys from the supposed Barcelona fans here is even more than the guy himself has for Barcelona!

    No denying that he is a great manager but he is not the world beater that people here make him out to be. You know what makes sure he never becomes that world beater? It is his blind love towards his philosophy and refusal to accept the existence any other, the very same one that brought him his success btw!!


    Quote Originally Posted by RMU ReBorn View Post
    I started following Barcelona only from Rijkaard days . So i can only asses based on what i saw

    Pep
    Luis Enrique
    Rijkaard
    Valverde
    Tito
    Tata Martino
    Pep
    Lucho
    Rjikaard
    Tito
    Valverde
    Tata

    Tito better than Valverde by a mile! Tito has knack for tactical changes which Valverde can only dream of

    Lucho definitely better than Rjikaard - Both had the support of a strong team but Lucho had better control on the superstars! I mean he kicked even Pique's arse for crying out loud

  2. #9902
    Senior Member
    henias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,528
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cule4life View Post
    You should go to reddit. You'll find more people with your IQ there.
    He's hopeless. Don't even bother replying to him.

  3. #9903
    Senior Member
    ini4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    639
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryagorn View Post

    It is his blind love towards his philosophy and refusal to accept the existence any other, the very same one that brought him his success btw!!
    It's true for every manager tho, you see Mou change his philosophy ? Maybe they tweak some part of it ( as Pep himself said he did some minor changes to get adapted in EPL ) but the core is always there and never change. I'd say it's quite impossible for a manager to change his philosophy especially when you're at top league and being expected to delivery trophies every season.

  4. #9904
    Moderator
    El Flaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    11,662
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Pep Guardiola: "I'll finish my career where I started: my last steps will hopefully be at Barça."

  5. #9905
    Mike the Knife
    FCBarca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    La Côte
    Posts
    9,026
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love it, moreover I, unlike many turncoat fans, have never had any doubts

    He is Barça through and through
    Last edited by FCBarca; 12th September 2018 at 08:07 PM.
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

  6. #9906
    Senior Member
    Joan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,834
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Return to work with kids or to manage the team?

  7. #9907
    Moderator
    El Flaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    11,662
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta View Post
    Return to work with kids or to manage the team?
    La Masia

  8. #9908
    Senior Member
    Joan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,834
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Veni, vidi, vici

  9. #9909
    Member
    Xtroverto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    385
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cule4life View Post
    But before Rijkaard we were nowhere the elite as we were during Lucho. Rijkaard laid the foundation for our present greatness
    The fundation for our present greatness was laid by non other than Johan Cruyff, he is 80-90% responsible for everything good that has happened to this club the last 30 years, either directly or indirectly. Barcelona has always been an elite club in terms of attracting star players, and the club Rijkaard came to was a european power house even though we had no Messi back then, CC win 1989, CC final 1991, EC win 1992, EC final 1994, UC semi 1996, CC win 1997, UC semi 2001, EC semi 2003.

  10. #9910
    #BartomeuDimiteYa
    Cule4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,618
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtroverto View Post
    The fundation for our present greatness was laid by non other than Johan Cruyff, he is 80-90% responsible for everything good that has happened to this club the last 30 years, either directly or indirectly. Barcelona has always been an elite club in terms of attracting star players, and the club Rijkaard came to was a european power house even though we had no Messi back then, CC win 1989, CC final 1991, EC win 1992, EC final 1994, UC semi 1996, CC win 1997, UC semi 2001, EC semi 2003.
    Dude i was comparing Rijkaard to Lucho. How did Cruyff come into the discussion? We were talking about recent managers.
    Every single fan who have once chanted my name at Camp Nou. I've loved every minute of fighting for you.

  11. #9911
    Member
    Xtroverto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    385
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cule4life View Post
    Dude i was comparing Rijkaard to Lucho. How did Cruyff come into the discussion? We were talking about recent managers.
    You are overestimating Rijkaard and underestimating Lucho, it is as simpel as that.

  12. #9912
    #BartomeuDimiteYa
    Cule4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,618
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtroverto View Post
    You are overestimating Rijkaard and underestimating Lucho, it is as simpel as that.
    And you had to bring in Cruyff to defend Lucho. Says it all really.
    Every single fan who have once chanted my name at Camp Nou. I've loved every minute of fighting for you.

  13. #9913
    Member
    Xtroverto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    385
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cule4life View Post
    And you had to bring in Cruyff to defend Lucho. Says it all really.
    Nobody needs to defend Lucho, he is the only manager in european cup history to win the trophy beating the English, French, German and Italian league champions from 1/8 through final. He is the only manager in football history to win 50 games in a single season, this is since the invention of the game.

  14. #9914
    #BartomeuDimiteYa
    Cule4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,618
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtroverto View Post
    he is the only manager in european cup history to win the trophy beating the English, French, German and Italian league champions from 1/8 through final.
    Who else had a chance to do that and failed? It was the draw not that a rule that team faces these champions every year on route to the final

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtroverto View Post
    He is the only manager in football history to win 50 games in a single season, this is since the invention of the game.
    Valverde had only one loss in the league last year which Lucho never managed. Does that make him better than Lucho? Anybody can throw out random stats to paint an agenda
    Every single fan who have once chanted my name at Camp Nou. I've loved every minute of fighting for you.

  15. #9915
    World Champion
    Ursegor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,082
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a single comment?

Tags for this Thread