Pep Guardiola

BarcaOG

Banned
meh. chelsea and united also spend tons (if not quite as much). the difference is not consequential. look at how horribly mourinho has handled what is otherwise a united squad with great world class talent. pep's achievements this season in the PL are unbelievable

Vilarrubi

Those are stats i get in football manager, not something you typically see in real life.

Funny when Utd fans and others say he’s bought the league.

They only spent 80m more than Utd.. so that gets you 19 more points according to Utd fans :lol:

Also 50m of what they spent was Mendy who’s been out all season...

BenRobbins

Funny when Utd fans and others say he’s bought the league.

They only spent 80m more than Utd.. so that gets you 19 more points according to Utd fans :lol:

Also 50m of what they spent was Mendy who’s been out all season...

He spent more than £100 million more and already had a better team. No arguments from anybody thought they are by far the best team but he has bought the league essentially.

They have two £50 million Centre backs on the bench every game.

No use moaning though just have to improve.

Givenchy

meh Mourinho and Pep both spend big, if Mourinho was at City he'd do exactly the same and rightly so, if the funds are there why wouldn't you improve the squad?

people calling them chequebook managers make no sense, what do you want them to do? coach York City all the way to the PL? :lol:

Vilarrubi

He spent more than £100 million more and already had a better team. No arguments from anybody thought they are by far the best team but he has bought the league essentially.

They have two £50 million Centre backs on the bench every game.

No use moaning though just have to improve.

Yeah you’re right, the difference was 80m before City bought Laporte.

That still doesn’t make up a 19 point difference and complete domination of the Premier League beating every record.

You think if Utd spent that extra money you’d have been anywhere near City? :lol: who would you have bought and how would it have got you 19 extra points?

Pep also made the big decision to get rid of both full backs so he needed to spend big especially because of the market value of players now. That decision is overlooked, a bit like when he got rid of Deco, Ronaldinho at Barca or promoting Busquets, but people still say he inherited the best team in the world.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Extended his contract with Man City until 2021.

I know some here don't like him because they got a distorted view of football in general or hate him because he left Barcelona, but I would love for Pep to return. The only one who will have the absolute authority to make the changes this squad needs by bringing the intensity back and get rid of the players that are not up to it anymore. No player will relax and sit on their ass expecting to just get picked, and we'll play better football.

Oh well.

Doubt it'll ever happen.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Extended his contract with Man City until 2021.

I know some here don't like him because they got a distorted view of football in general or hate him because he left Barcelona, but I would love for Pep to return. The only one who will have the absolute authority to make the changes this squad needs by bringing the intensity back and get rid of the players that are not up to it anymore. No player will relax and sit on their ass expecting to just get picked, and we'll play better football.

Oh well.

Doubt it'll ever happen.

Pep rejected to sign a contract longer than 2 years with Barca, afterwards always extended or 1 more years and quit after 4
Now he signed 3 years and before they are over renewing for 5.
Pep simply want to build his empire in City, he wants to be their Rinus Michels/Crujif. He was never going to be that in either Bayern or Barca. two clubs who is already historically established.
We can hope he will come back, but he himself won't come back even if Laporta came back

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pep rejected to sign a contract longer than 2 years with Barca, afterwards always extended or 1 more years and quit after 4
Now he signed 3 years and before they are over renewing for 5.
Pep simply want to build his empire in City, he wants to be their Rinus Michels/Crujif. He was never going to be that in either Bayern or Barca. two clubs who is already historically established.
We can hope he will come back, but he himself won't come back even if Laporta came back

Your last part is also a reason for him leaving Barcelona and then Bayern. After Laporta left he was never given the complete freedom at Barca and never had it at Bayern. That's also why he's staying at Man City. He can move on from any player whenever he want. It's a bit dangerous to give something like that to a manager, but I would give it to Pep if he returns as I believe he has both a short-term and long-term vision for the club.

Not going to happen though for obvious reasons as once Bartomeu's tenure ends in 2021, Villarubi will run and win and stay until 2027.

JamDav1982

Your last part is also a reason for him leaving Barcelona and then Bayern. After Laporta left he was never given the complete freedom at Barca and never had it at Bayern. That's also why he's staying at Man City. He can move on from any player whenever he want. It's a bit dangerous to give something like that to a manager, but I would give it to Pep if he returns as I believe he has both a short-term and long-term vision for the club.

Not going to happen though for obvious reasons as once Bartomeu's tenure ends in 2021, Villarubi will run and win and stay until 2027.

Thats not the case. He lasted about as long as he predicted he would at Barca from the start and quite clearly says the reasons he left.

He was given freedom at Barca. Was arguably given more freedom after Laporta left.

The reason he will stay longer at City is because he sees that as the club he can leave his legacy at. He has said that himself. It is not about freedom to do as he pleases.

Have been saying for ages he plans to stay there longer than lasted at Barca or Bayern.

Last edited:

Givenchy

Pep is building something special at City but he needs to do better in the CL (fully expect them to do just that next season)

Home of Barca Fans