Pep Guardiola

serghei

Of course he's the enemy right now (one of them anyway). To me as well. Every guy who comes on Camp Nou to knock us out from Champions League is an enemy. No two ways about it. I'm happy he is not at Bayern anymore though.

Cule4life

The Culest
Pep clearly wants to be the coach known as the one to end barcas harmony.. I mean think about it there's no other reason why he is bouncing from team to team and not barca

I get that he wants to be his own man and not have to share the spotlight with iniesta and messi once again, so that makes him an enemy in my eyes, again this is just assuming on my part, but that's what I think

f71beaed2b2a0d18a081fe28448c68ec43cc052c8c1539addfdaeede78e59800.jpg

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Really? Puyol, Xavi say hello. Frank even who stayed here longer than pep.

And btw. Pep left Barca 3 years ago. Let's not pretend he's still coaching Barca.

As far as I'm concerened any team he coaches can fail miserably because it's only rivaling Barca.

ini4ever

Problem is that there is less quality at City than at Bayern and Barca.

Barca > Bayern > City as far as the value of the players is involved. Money won't get you better players than Bayern or Barca, that's for sure. So what if City has lots of money? It's not like they will buy Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Modric, James Rodriguez, Muller, Neuer, Verratti etc. with those money. They will overpay for whatever player they buy. They will buy more or less raw talent at astronomical prices. They won't be able to sign super-world class players.

you really don't need to have big players ( the names you mentioned above ) to win CL or other trophies, the key is the coach, as it's ever been.
btw the gap between silva or sterling and james isn't that much so far, as you can clearly see james is not much effective as he was last season ( because of the coach )

serghei

Pep came on Camp Nou with Bayern to knock us out from Champions League. I hope I never see Xavi in that same position. Wanting to beat Barcelona. I love Pep for what he did at Barcelona, but he decide to compete against Barca for 3 years and counting. It's only fair he should be treated as an opponent, since this is the path HE chose.

JamDav1982

Pep came on Camp Nou with Bayern to knock us out from Champions League. I hope I never see Xavi in that same position. Wanting to beat Barcelona. I love Pep for what he did at Barcelona, but he decide to compete against Barca for 3 years and counting. It's only fair he should be treated as an opponent, since this is the path HE chose.

No issue at all from me about Pep, Xavi or anyone else coming back to Barca with another team that is their free choice and it is the way football works.

But won't ever agree that they need to be seen any differently to other opponents or should hope for them to be a success as they are 'true blaugranas' bollocks. Whether they are makes no difference.

SirXavi

The Engineer
Pep clearly wants to be the coach known as the one to end barcas harmony.. I mean think about it there's no other reason why he is bouncing from team to team and not barca

I get that he wants to be his own man and not have to share the spotlight with iniesta and messi once again, so that makes him an enemy in my eyes, again this is just assuming on my part, but that's what I think

Uhh I think that's a stretch. For me, him potentially bouncing around from club to club is just his way of working. At the end of the day none of that affects or has anything to do with Barca. Even if he wants to end Barca's run, well then I'd say is he's doing his job. He's no longer coaching Barca. His future employers expect him to put in the work in order to help their club succeed. If that means having to beat Barca every once in a while then that's what has to be done.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pep doing a great job ruining Barça's harmony. Totally ruined now

Will most probably happen. Puyol will also be taking players away from Barça as a football agent, sooner or later in a different path. Lucho will also not be staying forever and seek new challenges.

Hope no one holds that against them. Don't see why anyone would tbh. Treat as rival for all I care, but won't ever forget what they meant for FC Barcelona nor be butthurt like some for them making the sin to do what people do. Their job.

Last edited:

serghei

Will most probably happen. Puyol will also be taking players away from Barça as a football agent, sooner or later in a different path. Lucho will also not be staying forever and seek new challenges.

Hope no one holds that against them. Don't see why anyone would tbh. Treat as rival for all I care, but won't ever forget what they meant for FC Barcelona nor be butthurt like some for them making the sin to do what people do. Their job.

It's not that probable imho. The chances of Xavi/Puyol coaching a direct and fierce Barca rival in Europe are not that high. And Puyol being an agent is not nearly close to Pep directly competing against us in a CL semifinal. If say Pep would have beaten us last year, for me it would have been an unpleasant memory with Pep going against Barca, and you're not supposed to have unpleasant memories about Barca legends hurting Barcelona. That would affect the way I perceive Guardiola as part of Barca's family. It's normal from my pov.

Same way, if Messi goes to City let's say, and he knocks us out from CL two years in a row, that would affect the way I see Messi as a Barca legend.

If Pep coaches for say 15-20 more years, and he never comes back to Barca, and he ends his career as a manager being more against us, than with us, then hell yeah, of course it would alter the way I see him as a Barca legend. I would see him more as an outsider than an insider, at least as far as his managerial career is concerned.

Let's hope that wherever he goes he fails against Barcelona, so we can have happy memories with Pep outside Barcelona as well. ;) Can't say I was sad to see him coach Bayern when we beat them 3-0.

Last edited:

Patricho

The coach who has coached more Bayern Munich games than any other...He was an absolute crap coach for Suisse, incidentally

The larger point is that it is a reflection of the German reaction to a Catalan coach rejecting the big bad Bavarian club...Been remarkable really

What are you on about? The general consensus in the German media, among pundits and fans is that Guardiola's departure is a big loss for Bayern and the Bundesliga on the whole. Despite the disappointing results against Real and Barca in the last two years, Guardiola has arguably been the best thing that happened to German football for a long time. He was the most sought after coach and could have picked any club in the world, much like he will after his tenure at Bayern. He will always be appreciated for what he's done at Bayern regardless of whether we will win the Champions League this season or not.

Darko

Why should Pep be seen as a outsider/rival, not like he chose a team in Spain. Is he supposed to not coach a single team competing for the CL?

Home of Barca Fans