Page 709 of 713 FirstFirst ... 209609659699707708709710711 ... LastLast
Results 10,621 to 10,635 of 10683

Thread: Pep Guardiola

  1. #10621
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    10,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenks View Post
    He scored 31 goals from a wide position last season, more than Neymar, Mbappe, Salah, Mane, Gnabry etc. Why wouldn't people think he was a pretty good player?
    Maybe because he always leaves you wanting more.

  2. #10622
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    11,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Laplacian View Post
    Not the same. If Cr7 pulled the stats he did in La Liga in the PL, they would have elected him king. What was his best season again? 50~ league goals in a single season?
    48 in 35 games, if you are asking la liga, 31 is his best in PL.

  3. #10623
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    11,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard.H View Post
    So true, idk how EPL fans and EPL media manage to hype up their players so much, but those Brits are excellent salesman. The EPL hype machine is making these players look like they?re on level with prime messi and CR7
    Its not true for everone though, Kane is genuine world class, as an example.

  4. #10624
    Senior Member
    Birdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenks View Post
    He scored 31 goals from a wide position last season, more than Neymar, Mbappe, Salah, Mane, Gnabry etc. Why wouldn't people think he was a pretty good player?
    Because Sterling is one of those world-class players that for some reason - that probably has to do first and foremost with their style (rather than efficiency) - divide opinion (like prime Busquets, like Thiago, and many more)
    But, because of that, opinion on them is a good criterion to see whether your interlocutor understands anything about the beautiful game or not.
    Xavi's Cups

  5. #10625
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    48 in 35 games, if you are asking la liga, 31 is his best in PL.
    that 14/15 season was crazy from him, he was the fox in the box.

  6. #10626
    Senior Member
    BarcaOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,468
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    CR7 played in the PL at the start of his prime. 07/08
    CR was top 2 already while in the PL and certainly at the highest elite level, but comeon, he didnt even come close to his prime at the PL. the fact that he scored more goals than had appearances at Real madrid should tell you that
    peptastic

  7. #10627
    Valverde Cultist
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    6,315
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaOG View Post
    CR was top 2 already while in the PL and certainly at the highest elite level, but comeon, he didnt even come close to his prime at the PL. the fact that he scored more goals than had appearances at Real madrid should tell you that
    Not really.

    He had to share the goals at United with Rooney and Tevez while playing in a much stronger league.

  8. #10628
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    11,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Fati_Future_BallonDor View Post
    that 14/15 season was crazy from him, he was the fox in the box.
    Low cross, high cross, anything in the box felt like an automatic shot/header at goal, his heading was outrageous.
    It really was an incredible season from a individual perspective, had tons of assists too.

    It feels unfair to not winning the league after a season like that, but it goes to show its not healthy for the team to rely too much on a single player for goals, as Messi`s best goal season also ended up without the league, because few others scored i guess.

  9. #10629
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Low cross, high cross, anything in the box felt like an automatic shot/header at goal, his heading was outrageous.
    It really was an incredible season from a individual perspective, had tons of assists too.

    It feels unfair to not winning the league after a season like that, but it goes to show its not healthy for the team to rely too much on a single player for goals, as Messi`s best goal season also ended up without the league, because few others scored i guess.
    Yeah his heading ability was scary, I remember the goal hattrick goal against Sevilla or the power-goal vs Elche, that was like a shot with his foot. 48 goals in 35 matches - yeah unbelievable his team didnt won la liga but same with Messi 11/12, scored 50 goals and still no league. Imo Ronaldo had not enough rest, he played too many matches and was a bit tired at the end if I remember correctly. He started so well, these green light boots were terrific.

  10. #10630
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2,346
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaOG View Post
    CR was top 2 already while in the PL and certainly at the highest elite level, but comeon, he didnt even come close to his prime at the PL. the fact that he scored more goals than had appearances at Real madrid should tell you that
    Imo his best season was 11/12 - especially his long shots were terrific. Second one 07/08 and third one 13/14 & 10/11. 12/13 is a bit underrated, he played very good but the team has been underperforming. The second half from 16/17 was also outstanding.
    Last edited by Fati_Future_BallonDor; 27th October 2020 at 07:20 PM.

  11. #10631
    Senior Member
    BarcaOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Messigician View Post
    Not really.

    He had to share the goals at United with Rooney and Tevez while playing in a much stronger league.
    not really what? not really that he was top 2 in the world (w messi) while he was in the PL? not really that CR didnt enter his prime while at United?

    that he had to 'share' goals is true by definition: forwards share goals.

    what's your point? do you just go around posting thoughtless shit on every thread you can?
    peptastic

  12. #10632
    Senior Member
    BarcaOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Fati_Future_BallonDor View Post
    Imo his best season was 11/12 - especially his long shots were terrific. Second one 07/08 and third one 13/14 & 10/11. 12/13 is a bit underrated, he played very good but the team has been underperforming. The second half from 16/17 was also outstanding.
    he was great in 11/12 for sure, but i actually rate his last 2 season at RM higher because he was older yet he was delivering some really crazy CL performances in the KO stage.
    07-8 was really great as well but at the time he was still not a great finisher, even if he did score a crazy 40+ goals. he had not matured as a killer at that point yet
    peptastic

  13. #10633
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,218
    fraud.

  14. #10634
    Member
    Cule For Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    389
    Mahrez is even more overrated I don't understand what his role is in this side and what he even brings to them.

  15. #10635
    Member
    Cule For Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    389
    I have a feeling we will see this man back in our dugout in the next year or two depending on if he takes a sabbatical.

Tags for this Thread