Pep Guardiola

MTL_Barca

Peps days at City are numbered anyway, even without the CL ban there were already rumors he wanted to quit and i don't see him stay longer than 2021. Now if the ban goes through it will just seal the deal.

He built the City team from scratch so this is it, i don't think he wants to spend the time and energy to start over.

I'd love him to return 2021 with a new board and new team in the making but i don't have high hopes for this, he'll probably be at Juve or PSG by then.

Messi983

He'll never come back, forget about him.

Also, for people wanting CL title you know how his record there is since he left us? ;) His style just doesn't work anymore in the CL and we don't have that young, hungry, motivated technically superior team anymore we've had in 2008-11 so even if he would return he wouldn't do much.

Last edited:

Messigician

Peps days at City are numbered anyway, even without the CL ban there were already rumors he wanted to quit and i don't see him stay longer than 2021. Now if the ban goes through it will just seal the deal.

He built the City team from scratch so this is it, i don't think he wants to spend the time and energy to start over.

I'd love him to return 2021 with a new board and new team in the making but i don't have high hopes for this, he'll probably be at Juve or PSG by then.

Built the tesm from scratch? Excuse me?

Aguero, KDB, David Silva, Sterling, Kompany, Otamendi, all the backbone of the city squad Pep inherited.

MTL_Barca

Built the tesm from scratch? Excuse me?

Aguero, KDB, David Silva, Sterling, Kompany, Otamendi, all the backbone of the city squad Pep inherited.

A big part of the team was either bought under Guardiola or was there for a short time, and tbh i wouldn't even be surprised if Pep was already involved when Sterling, KdB or Sané got signed as they were also linked to Bayern at the time and the decision to join City was probably already made at that point.

Anyway he finished what started in 2015 and the ManCity team we see now is Peps team, and it also shows in how they play of course. This is it, he had enough time to build his team there. Either it'll work (especially in CL) or not but i don't really see him stay that much longer no matter what happens with the potential ban.

Last edited:

The Observer

Amazing loyalty to his childhood club. I fully understand now why at Barca he claimed that the 4th season was a mistake and one too many. Why waste time at a plastic oil club like Barca with 10 fans when you have the chance to coach your historic childhood club for minumum of 5 seasons, even if they were to be relegated. What a man.

FinBarcelonafan

Amazing loyalty to his childhood club. I fully understand now why at Barca he claimed that the 4th season was a mistake and one too many. Why waste time at a plastic oil club like Barca with 10 fans when you have the chance to coach your historic childhood club for minumum of 5 seasons, even if they were to be relegated. What a man.

Can you blame him? He probably has way more control over the team with City instead of dealing with our team of clowns(Bartomeu and friends).

The Observer

Bartomeu has spent more than anyone would have imagined that Barca was even capable of. Mostly on the wrong players but the willingness to spend was always there. There is no way Guardiola wouldn't have gotten every player he wanted and full control over transfers, just like Messi gets all his wishes, including a bailout clause where he can leave for free whenever he wants.

Bartomeu is weak unlike Perez. He'd actually be glad to hand over responsibilites to someone with huge pedigree like Pep.

That's hardly the reason, I'm sure Pep is more bothered by small stuff like media criticizing him and then he is petty if the board doesn't defend him immediately. He seems that type of person.

MTL_Barca

Well for what it's worth i remember there were reports back then that Pep wanted to make some big changes to the squad. Pique is the only name i can remember, bit there were a few more.

I don't know how reliable that was but it wouldn't surprise me and i don't think the board would've automatically allowed that.

Probably wasn't the main reason he quit of course, but maybe a small part of it. He also won everything and still has something to prove with City.

Messigician

Well for what it's worth i remember there were reports back then that Pep wanted to make some big changes to the squad. Pique is the only name i can remember, bit there were a few more.

I don't know how reliable that was but it wouldn't surprise me and i don't think the board would've automatically allowed that.

Probably wasn't the main reason he quit of course, but maybe a small part of it. He also won everything and still has something to prove with City.

Yeah he wanted to sell Pique, Alves etc.

Was pretty ludicrous

TheStig

Bartomeu has spent more than anyone would have imagined that Barca was even capable of. Mostly on the wrong players but the willingness to spend was always there. There is no way Guardiola wouldn't have gotten every player he wanted and full control over transfers, just like Messi gets all his wishes, including a bailout clause where he can leave for free whenever he wants.

Bartomeu is weak unlike Perez. He'd actually be glad to hand over responsibilites to someone with huge pedigree like Pep.

That's hardly the reason, I'm sure Pep is more bothered by small stuff like media criticizing him and then he is petty if the board doesn't defend him immediately. He seems that type of person.

Anyone remembers which media outlet reported that in 2012? How credible was it? I remeber it was about Cesc, Pique and some other players but can't remember if it was really credible or not.

Home of Barca Fans