Pep Guardiola

khaled_a_d

The easiest choice is Laporta taking a step back for the sake of the club instead of being an egoist and chasing glory again when most of his support staff including former players are about to align themselves with Victor Font, or are involved in other projects and won't return.

I really think you are reading too much in this.
There is always some former players/ club legends aligning themselves to every candidate, and there is always players who will be curious about the guy who might be president.
It seems to me that this is more of a wishful thinking than reality

Leo_Messi

Some great lengthy recent interviews.

[youtube]hNCjnwKEea4[/youtube]

[youtube]5s1ybH_yjjA[/youtube]

[youtube]HAYA3xmfaa0[/youtube]

[youtube]D4yx1NHNX-8[/youtube]

Messigician

Pep is a great coach, but yeah,he's full of shit.

" Foden is the most talented player I've ever worked with"

The same Foden who isn't trusted to get over 10 minutes game time lmao.

Andresito

Staff member
Who's the player that transformed the most while having Pep as coach?

I'm thinking Sterling. Dude went from Dembélé to world class under Pep.

gregorrin10

Who's the player that transformed the most while having Pep as coach?

I'm thinking Sterling. Dude went from Dembélé to world class under Pep.

I'd say Sterling too, but KDB is right up there...even though we knew he was special, we never knew just how much until Pep got his hands on him. That's what Pep does, he turns average players into great ones and good ones into best ones. Meanwhile EV turns great players into a pile of shit. :valverde:

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I'd say Sterling too, but KDB is right up there...even though we knew he was special, we never knew just how much until Pep got his hands on him. That's what Pep does, he turns average players into great ones and good ones into best ones. Meanwhile EV turns great players into a pile of shit. :valverde:

Nah, KDB was elite in his season with Pellegrini. Almost same level under Pep but was put into a more suiting system. City would have won that 2016 EPL title if he wasn't injured and losing rhythm after it.
If I am gonna choose a player, it will be Busquets, who went from an afterthought Juvenil A player, to the world best DM in span of 4 years.

gregorrin10

Nah, KDB was elite in his season with Pellegrini. Almost same level under Pep but was put into a more suiting system. City would have won that 2016 EPL title if he wasn't injured and losing rhythm after it.
If I am gonna choose a player, it will be Busquets, who went from an afterthought Juvenil A player, to the world best DM in span of 4 years.

KDB best midfielder in the world by a mile right now, and the only player who comes at least close to Xavi and Iniesta level for me, not just stats wise (assist machine) but the way he plays and moves around the pitch. Forget about Gerrard, Lampard, Kroos, Modrić, Pirlo...even Zidane. All great players, don't get me wrong, but they just don't cut it. KDB actually does, even though trophy wise he of course doesn't even come close, but pure style wise and the enjoyment of watching him play, he at least does get into the same conversation as Xaviesta for me.

Arthur and De Jong being the top two under 25 midfielders right now who have every chance of getting thereabout someday too, really glad we have two of these three players in our team. ;)

Last edited:

jamrock

I think only saurez & maybe busquets would be dropped.

He wouldn't start with a pique-lenglet combo but neither would valverde if umtiti was fit

Don't think there would be that much major changes in personnel, we would just be playing a shit load better, because he knows what the F he is doing.

FinBarcelonafan

How many players in our Starting XI would still be at the club if Pep was our manager?

My guess. Stegen, Pique(too big to throw out), Lenglet(backup though), Alba, Arthur, DeJong, Messi and Griezmann.

Maybe Semedo, because he could turn him into a world class RB. I think he wouldn't watch Dembele's unprofessional behaviour.

We have decent core. We need few modifications but I think we have great core for a team.

JohnN

Perhaps Carles Perez would get a decent chance too.
I don't think, Busquets, Rakitic, Sergi and Suarez would play. The rest are pretty good.

Home of Barca Fans