User Tag List

Page 684 of 686 FirstFirst ... 184584634674682683684685686 LastLast
Results 10,246 to 10,260 of 10278

Thread: Pep Guardiola

  1. #10246
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    795
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Pep is one of the fakes persons I've ever seen in the interviews. Only honest interview he gave probably was the 'el puto amo' one vs Mourinho.

    Man has taken politically correctness to another level. He probably doesn't believe at least half of the things he says in these interviews, but says them anyway because it's the nice thing to do lol.

    Such a boring and artificial media image, you can see the act a mile away.
    Agreed. I love Pep but like you said, almost everything he says in interviews is so fake. Especially when he said how perfect Valverde is for Barca just a few weeks ago, and that he shouldnt be judged for the UCL because of how well Barca played the league (we didnt, most of the games were boring and there were barely any convincing games, even if we won La Liga) when he probably doesnt even watch any Barca games.
    Last edited by abbbs97; 29th June 2019 at 07:42 PM.
    "It is what it is"- Ernesto Valverde after suffering a humiliation in the UCL.

  2. #10247
    Senior Member
    Leo_Messi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Italo-Spaniard in exile.
    Posts
    2,879
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His contract at Man City ends in 2021. Coincidentally that is also the year of the next presidential elections, unless there will be a vote of no-confidence prior to that which is rather unlikely. There was talk for months that he would soon extend his contract at Man City but that has not yet occurred.

    Local rumors of Cristina (Pep's wife) wanting a return home to deal with her business dealings in person more frequently and in general wanting to return home from Manchester. Not the least surprised hearing that.

    Cardoner will likely be the current board's candidate and he will compete with Laporta and Font. The two opposition candidates are both openly Cruyffistas and have used every opportunity to praise Pep.

    It might not be very foreseeable but I would love to see a return of Pep under either the leadership of Laporta and Font to initiate a likely post-Messi period at Barça and to restore and improve all the catastrophic decisions of the current utterly incompetent board. With the likes of Puyol, Xavi etc. onboard as well in various capacities at the club.
    Last edited by Leo_Messi; 3rd October 2019 at 08:52 PM.
    Bartomeu Dimissió!

  3. #10248
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    29,564
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Messi View Post
    His contract at Man City ends in 2021. Coincidentally that is also the year of the next presidential elections, unless there will be a vote of no-confidence prior to that which is rather unlikely. There was talk for months that he would soon extend his contract at Man City but that has not yet occurred.

    Local rumors of Cristina (Pep's wife) wanting a return home to deal with her business dealings in person more frequently and in general wanting to return home from Manchester. Not the least surprised hearing that.

    Cardoner will likely be the current board's candidate and he will compete with Laporta and Font. The two opposition candidates are both openly Cruyffistas and have used every opportunity to praise Pep.

    It might not be very foreseeable but I would love to see a return of Pep under either the leadership of Laporta and Font to initiate a likely post-Messi period at Barça and to restore and improve all the catastrophic decisions of the current utterly incompetent board. With the likes of Puyol, Xavi etc. onboard as well in various capacities at the club.
    Cardoner did sound unsure when asked if he'd run. Said he'd have to commit a lot of time and that it's not easy.

    Laporta should not stand and sit the fuck down for once instead of displaying his clownery again like in 2015.

    Victor Font all the way through.


  4. #10249
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    30,576
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noone knows with these people. Everyone thought Rosell was best thing since popcorn and see how that panned out.

    I'd take pep back. He seems as fanatical about football as ever. It would also mean a major re-haul /(Pique, Busquets, Suarez out) and return to our roots and I'm all for that.

  5. #10250
    Senior Member
    Leo_Messi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Italo-Spaniard in exile.
    Posts
    2,879
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Cardoner did sound unsure when asked if he'd run. Said he'd have to commit a lot of time and that it's not easy.

    Laporta should not stand and sit the fuck down for once instead of displaying his clownery again like in 2015.

    Victor Font all the way through.
    I am convinced that Cardoner will run as this board's candidate in 2021. Listened to that interview and it was more about him saying that nothing is certain yet (makes sense as Bartomeu has not yet designated a successor within the board, too soon for that with 20+ months left or so) and that he also has to think about the family etc. Anyway Cardoner or no Cardoner, is not really important here. Another current board member or past one allied to this board will run in 2021 as the successor of Bartomeu.

    Laporta's campaign in 2015 was what it was. A poor campaign. However everyone knew, even before the elections were held, that Bartomeu would not lose that election right after a triplete season and the MSN fever. Football fans have a very short memory so all the incompetence was swiftly brushed under the carpet.

    I still believe that a well-prepared Laporta with the right people around him could do wonders. Pérez returned in 2009 as well and has done better than he did in his first stint at RM (2000-2006). In particular if he can convince some of the old lot now working in Man City to return alongside Pep in 2021.

    Ideally I would prefer for Laporta and Font to be a part of the same presidency. A united front in other words though.

    As for Font, I have been praising him since day one here, given what I have heard from him so far, but that is all that you can do as a socio, as Font has no history with the club in terms of being a board member.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    Noone knows with these people. Everyone thought Rosell was best thing since popcorn and see how that panned out.

    I'd take pep back. He seems as fanatical about football as ever. It would also mean a major re-haul /(Pique, Busquets, Suarez out) and return to our roots and I'm all for that.
    Cruyffistas pretty much dreaded the Rosell election win back in 2010 but after years of media propaganda from Grupo Godó (MD in particular) and scare-mongering campaigns of Barça's economy being in ruins (later proven to be a big lie) and the memory of Rosell's connections with Brazil and the transfer market (most fans are suckers for star players) and the memory of the Ronaldinho signing, and you had the ideal cocktail. That and the simple fact of Laporta not being able to run for a third time in a row and there not really being any serious candidates from his board other than the uncharismatic Ingla, who left the club back in 2008, and who was not really a Laporta board candidate to begin with.

    But yeah, we need to await what will occur. Like any political elections, there will be a lot of broken promises, hot air and populism but I would welcome anything else than the current clueless direction of the club to continue so I will be voting for anyone else other than Cardoner or another Bartomeu/Rosell/Grupo Godó/anti-Cruyffista crony.
    Last edited by Leo_Messi; 3rd October 2019 at 09:25 PM.
    Bartomeu Dimissió!

  6. #10251
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    29,564
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Messi View Post
    I am convinced that Cardoner will run as this board's candidate in 2021. Listened to that interview and it was more about him saying that nothing is certain yet (makes sense as Bartomeu has not yet designated a successor within the board, too soon for that with 20+ months left or so) and that he also has to think about the family etc. Anyway Cardoner or no Cardoner, is not really important here. Another current board member or past one allied to this board will run in 2021 as the successor of Bartomeu.

    Laporta's campaign in 2015 was what it was. A poor campaign. However everyone knew, even before the elections were held, that Bartomeu would not lose that election right after a triplete season and the MSN fever. Football fans have a very short memory so all the incompetence was swiftly brushed under the carpet.

    I still believe that a well-prepared Laporta with the right people around him could do wonders. Pérez returned in 2009 as well and has done better than he did in his first stint at RM (2000-2006). In particular if he can convince some of the old lot now working in Man City to return alongside Pep in 2021.

    Ideally I would prefer for Laporta and Font to be a part of the same presidency. A united front in other words though.

    As for Font, I have been praising him since day one here, given what I have heard from him so far, but that is all that you can do as a socio, as Font has no history with the club in terms of being a board member.
    I'm grateful for Laporta trusting in his project and giving the right people the enough support to take some risky decisions.

    But I don't want him back. He'll only be a hinder in kicking this board out.

    Barcelona need to move away from this Laportistas vs Nuñistas/Rosellistas war. We need someone new.

    Victor Font has been designing a plan for years. Arranging several meetings locally in Catalunya with Penyas. He has the support of Xavi and presumably Carles Puyol too who has been attending a few of his press conferences/meetups.

    Laporta's crew won't return. Multiple board members either resigned or ended up turning against him towards the end of his tenure. Txiki and Ferran Soriano have moved on to new projects which they won't leave.

    I'm not a fan of people using their previous tenures as a way of buying their way back in. Besides some of his other projects he's been involved with and his political dealings will further divide the fanbase.

    I would like to see a man's hard work for years, proper planning come through. Would be a breathe of fresh air for the club. Finally someone that's not associated with any of those groups.

    I'm confident Font got a very good chance if he goes up against Cardoner or this board's succession plan, but if Laporta, Benedito and a couple of other fools involve themselves again, this board's successor might well end up stealing it in the end.


  7. #10252
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    17,907
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there's a tiny hope Guardiola would come back, however unlikely, we have to do everything possible to make it happen. Imagine going from Valverde to Guardiola, lol. Imagine Frenkie and Arthur under Pep if they are so good under Valverde.

  8. #10253
    Senior Member
    Givenchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    4,826
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peps return after Messi's retirement may just be enough to stop this club ending up like Milan. imagine Ansu progressing under Pep

  9. #10254
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    29,564
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think it will ever happen, but I cannot see Pep joining a new club after Man City. Won't be surprised if he retires and returns as the director of La Masia or something like that.

    He said he would return to Barcelona, but to his roots, the academy.


  10. #10255
    Mike the Knife
    FCBarca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    La Côte
    Posts
    9,425
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never doubted he would eventually return but as he commented on not long ago, likely to teach in the cantera. I do think before that, however, he still has an itch to scratch in terms of coaching a NT. I do not believe he will be extending his contract at City any further so either a year sabbatical as before or land a NT job, perhaps Oranje?
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

  11. #10256
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    30,576
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBarca View Post
    I have never doubted he would eventually return but as he commented on not long ago, likely to teach in the cantera. I do think before that, however, he still has an itch to scratch in terms of coaching a NT. I do not believe he will be extending his contract at City any further so either a year sabbatical as before or land a NT job, perhaps Oranje?
    You guys are so trapped in fantasy of saint pep. I bet he will take another golden job. Either PSG or something like that.

    I'd like to see him back and hope he does return but let's be realistic. Guy is after his own glory and money and is not the same person.

  12. #10257
    Mike the Knife
    FCBarca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    La Côte
    Posts
    9,425
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    You guys are so trapped in fantasy of saint pep. I bet he will take another golden job. Either PSG or something like that.

    I'd like to see him back and hope he does return but let's be realistic. Guy is after his own glory and money and is not the same person.
    You're not alone in your bitterness towards the biggest club legend although I continue to struggle to understand why much less why anyone would think any of what he has done since he left has been about his ego - you should let it go. We owe him a tremendous debt and he has only shown great affection & respect for his club, Barcelona. I continue to say it, no one is more blaugrana than Pep - no one
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

  13. #10258
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    30,576
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBarca View Post
    You're not alone in your bitterness towards the biggest club legend although I continue to struggle to understand why much less why anyone would think any of what he has done since he left has been about his ego - you should let it go. We owe him a tremendous debt and he has only shown great affection & respect for his club, Barcelona. I continue to say it, no one is more blaugrana than Pep - no one

  14. #10259
    Senior Member
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,870
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abbbs97 View Post
    Agreed. I love Pep but like you said, almost everything he says in interviews is so fake. Especially when he said how perfect Valverde is for Barca just a few weeks ago, and that he shouldnt be judged for the UCL because of how well Barca played the league (we didnt, most of the games were boring and there were barely any convincing games, even if we won La Liga) when he probably doesnt even watch any Barca games.
    This tbh

  15. #10260
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    5,552
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    If there's a tiny hope Guardiola would come back, however unlikely, we have to do everything possible to make it happen. Imagine going from Valverde to Guardiola, lol. Imagine Frenkie and Arthur under Pep if they are so good under Valverde.
    I would have hope for Dembele as well.

Tags for this Thread