Pep Guardiola

Leo_Messi

Perfect timing for him to come back was after tito found out to be sick and later sadly passed away, but he didnt want to ruin his legacy and instead he choose to coach bayern in boring bundesliga with those 3-4 hard matches in a whole season in CL, maybe he was impressed by them when they crushed barca 7:1 in CL, then he picked oil club, he lost me there, i dont miss him, if his gonna come back, good, if not, thats okay, but i will never wish his comeback even if barca plays most boring football.

Look at zidane, he will never repeat what he did with madrid in those 3 season, he took 1 year off, madrids best player left, they were never in worse shape like now, they need to do major rebuild of team, and zidane comes back to help them with that, he doesnt give a fuck about his legacy, just by that he is more madridista then pep is cule, even if zidane didnt spend such long time at madrid as a player.

Pep next destination is more likely PSG

Is this a joke? In what universe is Zidane (A French guy of Algerian origin) with the combined total of 6 seasons at RM as a player and 4-5 years as a manager even close to being as big a madridista as Pep is a culé?:lol:

The same Pep that is a La Masia graduate, was a ball boy at Camp Nou, played almost his entire youth and senior career for us (17 seaosns in total), who was our captain, youth manager, senior manager (combined 5 years) and the most successful manager in recent history.

Just because he rightly thought that he could not give the team anything more, that the players no longer believed in his ideas as strongly as before, that new eras must be built etc. That and being the much more sought after manager than Zidane and more higherly regarded. Every top club was lining up to sign Pep in 2012. Much like after he left Bayern. Can you say the same about Zidane? The answer is no.

Also people are different. Pep always (openly said that as well) had an ambition to coach abroad and he always, from the first season, said that he would not stay forever. Nothing wrong with that.

Using that moronic logic I can ask how big a madridista Zidane is for leaving RM in the way that he did and condemning them to 0 titles, only to return 9 months after when the worst period was/is over, lol.

One of the biggest jokes out there to question Pep's love for the club. Not surprised that the likes of Joan and Wolfe thanked your post.:lol:

I hope City loses on every trophy bar the league. They won't but fans can dream

Nobody here (I impinge) gives a flying crap about Man City (I do certainly not) but don't fault people in "supporting" them over genuine historical rivals in Liverpool and Man Utd who are our competitors in terms of trophies won (not that they are close) and fans. Man City is a joke of a club much like PSG. Them winning leagues should bother nobody. Or even 1 CL or 2 down the road (next 10 years). Better that they win than the likes of Liverpool (who we are tied with) or Man Utd for instance. Nothing strange in thinking like that. In particular if you like me don't support a single club in England. Not only nothing wrong with this approach but it is the most logical one as a neutral.

That and them actually playing the most attractive football in England and having many likable players. Pep being the manager is not hurting either even less so when the likes of Mourinho and Wenger were coaching Man Utd or Arsenal respectively or Flopp at Liverpool.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
And that's why Pep left. No way current board would give him full control over the team and let him do whatever he wants like he did in hist first season. So comparing him to Zidane and draw such conclusion is stupid and wrong.

Sure but you missed the point. Zidane is probably the first exception to the rule of 'we're making business decisions first and foremost, you're the manager you work with what you get given' that's at play in Madrid. That's IF they let him make the moves he knows are needed.

gregorrin10

Pep just can't seem to do it in the CL after Barca. Karma maybe? Even though Bayern and City were/are at times really beautiful to watch and scary consistent in league because of their system being clear and, but it's like his teams have this mental block every time they have to step up in big CL matches. Or you know, they just don't have 'a Messi', since his haters like to downplay his contribution during our Pep era so much.

I actually have more hope of Ajax eliminating Juve because of possible underestimation than City/Tottenham in the semis.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Already mentioned a couple of times but Im not sure what he was thinking with that lineup followed by those late subs unless KdB and Sane werent fully fit.

Home of Barca Fans