Pep Guardiola

vlad

Leo messi, all the time you are writing how pep was unlucky in his CL matches and zidane was lucky, realise that barca was never close to defend cl title with best squad ever, they needed luck 2009 to win it, 2012 you cant blame luck because barca had player more on the pitch and result that lead them to final, but they manage to throw away that. Then his bayern campaign in CL, 2 out of 3 times he was destroyed easily, you are mentioning atletico and how unlucky was pep then, same year after group stages they faced juve and only due to big robbery went through, then with city, monaco happened and lpool. Pep team are joy to watch when things go their way, but when that isnt the case you watch boring football and players passing ball to each other without idea how to break opponent, that is pep mostly in CL. Even if he comes back here, barca would continue dominate la liga same as now with better football destroying minions, until CL when they face decent counter attacking team, i wouldnt be okay with that because barca needs to step up in most elite competition which is CL

Leo_Messi

Leo messi, all the time you are writing how pep was unlucky in his CL matches and zidane was lucky, realise that barca was never close to defend cl title with best squad ever, they needed luck 2009 to win it, 2012 you cant blame luck because barca had player more on the pitch and result that lead them to final, but they manage to throw away that. Then his bayern campaign in CL, 2 out of 3 times he was destroyed easily, you are mentioning atletico and how unlucky was pep then, same year after group stages they faced juve and only due to big robbery went through, then with city, monaco happened and lpool. Pep team are joy to watch when things go their way, but when that isnt the case you watch boring football and players passing ball to each other without idea how to break opponent, that is pep mostly in CL. Even if he comes back here, barca would continue dominate la liga same as now with better football destroying minions, until CL when they face decent counter attacking team, i wouldnt be okay with that because barca needs to step up in most elite competition which is CL

What are you talking about? The club won 2 CL titles in 4 years and reached the CL-semifinal 4 years in a row. We were by far the best team in Europe during that era which no sane person can doubt. Total dominance in domestic competitions (La Liga and Copa del Rey). One of them (La Liga) being the strongest league in the world at that time as it is today as well.

You are telling me that Chelsea won that tie back in 2012 "deservedly" based on chances and general play? What is this? Some kind of bad joke or a very bad memory? I don't even bother arguing why you are wrong. Similarly against Inter. Which team ever had such a messed up preparation before a semifinal? A freaking volcano in Iceland paralyzed European air traffic for days. Or who can forget that first leg and the offside goal, several penalties being denied etc. Or the return leg where Bojan scored a completely legal goal that would have put us through.

Every sane person that understands football understands the huge luck factor in knockout competitions which is why the best team does not always win. Far from it. Chelsea (2012) was the perfect example of that. RM has shown that time and time again as well (1998, 2000, 2016, 2018) etc. Liverpool back in 2005. Porto in 2005. Inter in 2010. Milan in 2007 etc.

However you appear to be one of those football fans where CL is life or death not understanding what it really is, a glorified cup competition with messed up rules and a huge amount of luck factor. Not to mention that it is unfair by nature as there is no equality in the sense that you can have a route to a CL-final where you are playing against the likes of Roma (the 2016 version), Wolfsburg and Pellegrini's City or a 100 times harder route as we had back in 2015 where we only defeated actual league champions.

That is why a genuine Champions League (Super League) will be created soon and this future ELITE (CL is not elite when 2/3's of all teams are scrubs who are just there) will likely have a LEAGUE format where EVERYONE will met EVERYONE else home and away to see who REALLY is the best team in Europe. I can't wait personally to see such a competition be formed. Ideally without the corrupt and incompetent UEFA and their monopoly.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

What are you talking about? The club won 2 CL titles in 4 years and reached the CL-semifinal 4 years in a row. We were by far the best team in Europe during that era which no sane person can doubt. Total dominance in domestic competitions (La Liga and Copa del Rey). One of them (La Liga) being the strongest league in the world at that time as it is today as well.

You are telling me that Chelsea won that tie back in 2012 "deservedly" based on chances and general play? What is this? Some kind of bad joke or a very bad memory? I don't even bother arguing why you are wrong. Similarly against Inter. Which team ever had such a messed up preparation before a semifinal? A freaking volcano in Iceland paralyzed European air traffic for days. Or who can forget that first leg and the offside goal, several penalties being denied etc. Or the return leg where Bojan scored a completely legal goal that would have put us through.

Every sane person that understands football understands the huge luck factor in knockout competitions which is why the best team does not always win. Far from it. Chelsea (2012) was the perfect example of that. RM has shown that time and time again as well (1998, 2000, 2016, 2018) etc. Liverpool back in 2005. Porto in 2005. Inter in 2010. Milan in 2007 etc.

However you appear to be one of those football fans where CL is life or death not understanding what it really is, a glorified cup competition with messed up rules and a huge amount of luck factor. Not to mention that it is unfair by nature as there is no equality in the sense that you can have a route to a CL-final where you are playing against the likes of Roma (the 2016 version), Wolfsburg and Pellegrini's City or a 100 times harder route as we had back in 2015 where we only defeated actual league champions.

That is why a genuine Champions League (Super League) will be created soon and this future ELITE (CL is not elite when 2/3's of all teams are scrubs who are just there) will likely have a LEAGUE format where EVERYONE will met EVERYONE else home and away to see who REALLY is the best team in Europe. I can't wait personally to see such a competition be formed. Ideally without the corrupt and incompetent UEFA and their monopoly.

You weren't on forums for some time.
You were here 2 yers ago, then you made a pause and now you are returned.

Some of us have a different view about that league dominance and your argument how Barca was the best team, and RM/Zidane was lucky.

For example, I could say:
1. in La liga: there is NO SUDDEN DEATH. There is almost NEVER a moment/a match, where: if you make a mistake, your season is over.
Except maybe in the last 2-3 rounds, it 2 top teams are tied.
League championship is a low-risk tournament, to some extent, where a champion will be a team who will make less mistakes against Mickey Mouse teams like Getafe, Levante, Girona and similar.
So, THE BEST team in La liga isn't neccesarily THE BEST team, but a team who is the best in winning against weak teams.
And as I have wrote before, who is the best at winning against Mickey Mouse teams? Pep, Barca and City.
Our style is tailor suited for dominating against crappy teams and not making mistakes against them.
On the other hand, big teams have figured us out, and we can't do shit against them.

RM's style sucks for La liga. we are more likely to win 5 matches in a row against Getafe, than Real.
Due to our style of football, and due to cheating codes called Messi.
You can theoretically win La liga with losing to Real, Atletico, Sevilla, and winning the highest number of small matches.
You don't have to win against big boys at all.
Who wins the highest amount of small matches=is a champion.

2. let's go to a CL.
That is a competition for big boys and a pressure is huge.
You don't play against Getafe. You play against Juve, Atletico, Bayern, RM and similar.

The key difference is:
1) you don't play against teams who are technically inferior (Getafe).
You play against teams like Juve and AM. They have similar technique as us, way better physique, they are more defensive, more dirty, more aggressive
2) the 2nd difference is: there is a SUDDEN DEATH factor here.
If you lose away to Juve, Roma, Atletico, your CL season is finished THAT same night.

And now, when you mix those factors:
1) Barca's Pep's sytel is outdated for a CL, and we are an open book in that competition
2) Juve, AM, Bayern and others are similar in technique to us and superior in defense, physique and aggression (and thugishness)
3) our players are mostly choir boys, who, the same as Pep and Pep's teams=can win only when a pressure is low, and when things are perfect

For example, in a CL quarters, if we score for 1:0 in the first 5 minutes, Messi will get wings and we will probably win 5:1 by the end of a night.
No pressure, everything is perfect, Messi and Barca are flying.
But if we can't score, and if we concede for 0:1 in the 30th minute of a 2nd game, Messi is dead.
He will sulk, go MIA, the whole team will disappear. No one will be a captain, no one will yell, no one will fight, no one will kick opponents.
We will all just sulk, watch the ball, get outplayed and lose the match. And blame poor EV, Rakitic and someone else the next time when it happens.

The point of a story: in a CL you need balls, courage, aggression, warriors, lions, extreme mental strength.
You call it luck.
But I have said a lot of time, if my team were losing 0:1 in the 80th minute of a CL semis against anyone, would I rather have CR7 or Messi for the last 10 minutes?
Lol, CR7, of course.
Messi is a better footballer, but his mental strength is non existant.
While a CR7 will get pisses, he will run in the box, he will jump, move, try to fake penalties and similar.
And he will either score a header in the 88th minute, or a weird (lucky) tap in in the 93rd minute or he will somehow get a penalty in the 94th minute.
Do you know what Messi will do in the last 10 minutes?
He will do this:
Messi.jpg

He will sulk, walk, not move off the ball.
He will drop deep to a CM position.
Then he will get surrounded by three.
He will try a dribble, get tackled by more or less anyone in that sulking state, and we will lose the ball.
Repeat that 2-3 times in the next 10 minutes and we won't create a single shot on a goal.

So, the way how you see football, I would call it extremely Barca's and Pep's biased plus simplified.
For you, RM's results were luck, ref's help and similar.
And our/Pep's results were a bad luck.

On the other hand, as I have said:
1. Barca and Pep are an open book in a CL against big boys
2. we don't have leaders, just teams filled with choir boys, Gabriela Jesus and other nice boys
3. and when Barca/City can't break a parked bus, NONE of them have a plan B, while RM could ahve scored goals both:
1) through possession
2) through counters
3) after corners
4) CR7's headers in dying minutes after regular crosses

Pep's City's style is just a slight upgrade over Barca, with similar flaws:
1. no physique
2. playing too attacking
3. no tall/strong CF to score headers against parked buses (they have Gabriela Jesus and Aguero, lol)
4. both teams filled with choir boys who shit their pants when things are not going that way

So, yeah, you can't win 4 CLs in 5 years only by luck.
And again, an argument: why is RM not winning LA ligas? =doesn't mean too much.
= they are not winning it because our style+Messi are better in winning against Getafe over and over week in, week out.

When it comes to CL quarters, Barca can lose against ANY TEAM, except against Arsenal (since they are little Barca, with similar flaws, but inferior).
RM, on the other hand, with Zidane and CR7 could have lost ONLY to Barca and to no one else.
And since Barca couldn't win against anyone in quarters due to our flaws (defense, physique, no leaders, choirboys, Messi sulking, our style being easily neutralized by every single team, no plan B), we have just nicely said: Dear RM, here you go, feel free to win all CLs.
We will continue to win against Getafe and in a CDR, on the other hand...

You as a fan, are obssessed about beauty.
Pep's football is beautiful.
But extremely sterile in a CL Knockout games (without Messi).

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

You weren't on forums for some time.
You were here 2 yers ago, then you made a pause and now you are returned.

Some of us have a different view about that league dominance and your argument how Barca was the best team, and RM/Zidane was lucky.

For example, I could say:
1. in La liga: there is NO SUDDEN DEATH. There is almost NEVER a moment/a match, where: if you make a mistake, your season is over.
Except maybe in the last 2-3 rounds, it 2 top teams are tied.
League championship is a low-risk tournament, to some extent, where a champion will be a team who will make less mistakes against Mickey Mouse teams like Getafe, Levante, Girona and similar.
So, THE BEST team in La liga isn't neccesarily THE BEST team, but a team who is the best in winning against weak teams.
And as I have wrote before, who is the best at winning against Mickey Mouse teams? Pep, Barca and City.
Our style is tailor suited for dominating against crappy teams and not making mistakes against them.
On the other hand, big teams have figured us out, and we can't do shit against them.

RM's style sucks for La liga. we are more likely to win 5 matches in a row against Getafe, than Real.
Due to our style of football, and due to cheating codes called Messi.
You can theoretically win La liga with losing to Real, Atletico, Sevilla, and winning the highest number of small matches.
You don't have to win against big boys at all.
Who wins the highest amount of small matches=is a champion.

2. let's go to a CL.
That is a competition for big boys and a pressure is huge.
You don't play against Getafe. You play against Juve, Atletico, Bayern, RM and similar.

The key difference is:
1) you don't play against teams who are technically inferior (Getafe).
You play against teams like Juve and AM. They have similar technique as us, way better physique, they are more defensive, more dirty, more aggressive
2) the 2nd difference is: there is a SUDDEN DEATH factor here.
If you lose away to Juve, Roma, Atletico, your CL season is finished THAT same night.

And now, when you mix those factors:
1) Barca's Pep's sytel is outdated for a CL, and we are an open book in that competition
2) Juve, AM, Bayern and others are similar in technique to us and superior in defense, physique and aggression (and thugishness)
3) our players are mostly choir boys, who, the same as Pep and Pep's teams=can win only when a pressure is low, and when things are perfect

For example, in a CL quarters, if we score for 1:0 in the first 5 minutes, Messi will get wings and we will probably win 5:1 by the end of a night.
No pressure, everything is perfect, Messi and Barca are flying.
But if we can't score, and if we concede for 0:1 in the 30th minute of a 2nd game, Messi is dead.
He will sulk, go MIA, the whole team will disappear. No one will be a captain, no one will yell, no one will fight, no one will kick opponents.
We will all just sulk, watch the ball, get outplayed and lose the match. And blame poor EV, Rakitic and someone else the next time when it happens.

The point of a story: in a CL you need balls, courage, aggression, warriors, lions, extreme mental strength.
You call it luck.
But I have said a lot of time, if my team were losing 0:1 in the 80th minute of a CL semis against anyone, would I rather have CR7 or Messi for the last 10 minutes?
Lol, CR7, of course.
Messi is a better footballer, but his mental strength is non existant.
While a CR7 will get pisses, he will run in the box, he will jump, move, try to fake penalties and similar.
And he will either score a header in the 88th minute, or a weird (lucky) tap in in the 93rd minute or he will somehow get a penalty in the 94th minute.
Do you know what Messi will do in the last 10 minutes?
He will do this:
Messi.jpg

He will sulk, walk, not move off the ball.
He will drop deep to a CM position.
Then he will get surrounded by three.
He will try a dribble, get tackled by more or less anyone in that sulking state, and we will lose the ball.
Repeat that 2-3 times in the next 10 minutes and we won't create a single shot on a goal.

So, the way how you see football, I would call it extremely Barca's and Pep's biased plus simplified.
For you, RM's results were luck, ref's help and similar.
And our/Pep's results were a bad luck.

On the other hand, as I have said:
1. Barca and Pep are an open book in a CL against big boys
2. we don't have leaders, just teams filled with choir boys, Gabriela Jesus and other nice boys
3. and when Barca/City can't break a parked bus, NONE of them have a plan B, while RM could ahve scored goals both:
1) through possession
2) through counters
3) after corners
4) CR7's headers in dying minutes after regular crosses

Pep's City's style is just a slight upgrade over Barca, with similar flaws:
1. no physique
2. playing too attacking
3. no tall/strong CF to score headers against parked buses (they have Gabriela Jesus and Aguero, lol)
4. both teams filled with choir boys who shit their pants when things are not going that way

So, yeah, you can't win 4 CLs in 5 years only by luck.
And again, an argument: why is RM not winning LA ligas? =doesn't mean too much.
= they are not winning it because our style+Messi are better in winning against Getafe over and over week in, week out.

When it comes to CL quarters, Barca can lose against ANY TEAM, except against Arsenal (since they are little Barca, with similar flaws, but inferior).
RM, on the other hand, with Zidane and CR7 could have lost ONLY to Barca and to no one else.
And since Barca couldn't win against anyone in quarters due to our flaws (defense, physique, no leaders, choirboys, Messi sulking, our style being easily neutralized by every single team, no plan B), we have just nicely said: Dear RM, here you go, feel free to win all CLs.
We will continue to win against Getafe and in a CDR, on the other hand...

You as a fan, are obssessed about beauty.
Pep's football is beautiful.
But extremely sterile in a CL Knockout games (without Messi).

What has this to do with anything? During that time I was active on a local Barça and social media (Twitter). I follow the club daily as I have done for almost 20 years.

This forum has different members with different opinions. In any case this forum is just a tiny, tiny, tiny representation of us fans.

That's an absurd claim. Every single league game is as important as the next or the one before. 3 points are always up for grabs. A league is a maraton while the CL is a sprint. The marathon is on equal terms while the sprint is not.

The league format is the only format that objectively and fairly determines which team is truly the best and most stable team. A knockout competition like the CL, where only 6 knockout games are relevant (the group stages are a borefest and never a problem for the few elite clubs). Often only 4 at that (quarterfinals and semifinals) with the final as the final hurdle.

What mickey mouse teams? Are you insane or just trolling? The Spanish league is the best league in the world. There are hardly any walkover teams. It's just that Barça and RM have been the very best teams (in the world) for ages.

Now in the glorified CL, how many genuine elite teams are you going to play against on average during a season? 3 at most. Most often less.

It's a tournament were luck, speculation, referee decisions etc. play a HUGE role. It's not a fair tournament. As I wrote you can have a route to a final like RM had in 2016 and win the tournament with huge luck by scoring an off-side goal and claim to be the best team in Europe (lol) while failing in the domestic competitions (80% of all the games in a season) as usual.:lol: Or you can prove that you are the undisputed champion of Europe like we did back in 2015. There is a huge difference here.

That' a great fairytale story. The reality is that RM were a goal away from being eliminated by Schalke and Wolfsburg back in 2016, lol. Some "big boy" performances against "elite clubs" I see. Let's not even talk about Juventus last year. The difference between RM and Barça is that RM has been able to fully concentrate on the CL for years as they are pathetically bad in the domestic competitions. That and having much more luck. Little else.

Pep is outdated (despite winning 2 CL's in 9 seasons, reaching I don't know how many CL-semifinals) etc. Which football system is perfect on a arbitral cup competition? If Wolfsburg had scored 1 goal in the return leg on one of their many chances, Zidane would have (likely) been a footnote in the CL. If Juanfran had not wasted his penalty kick etc. If Griezmann had scored on his penalty. If the linesman had been awoke and ruled Ramos' off-side goal out etc. If VAR was present as it will be from next year in the past 5 years, they would have maybe only won 1 or 2 CL at most etc. And if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle.

Why are you blabbering about Messi? I have been highly critical of Messi in the past 2 years (not here but elsewhere) in knockout games but he can only do so much. It's a team effort.

Look, anyone with 2 eyes can see that Pep's Barça was pure dominance in every field. You cannot say even remotely the same about Zidane's RM. To me football is much more than just results. To most people that is as well. Greece won back in 2004, Portugal back in 2016, RM back in 1998, 2000, 2016 and last year (all undeservedly and with great luck) but nobody remembers those teams, nobody talks about them as the best that season etc. There is a reason why people remember the Dutch team of the 1970's and Brazil's 1982 team. Or why people will remember Pep's Barça team much more than Zidane's RM team.

You don't have a clue about which playing style that I like the most. Just because I consider Pep as the best manager in the world (as do the greatest managers in history themsleves, some of which I have mentioned) it does not mean that I would not be tactically flexible. Or that there is only one way to play football. I prefer offensive and ball-dominating (having the initiative in other words and creating the game) over RM's pragmatic and primitive football and that of France this past World Cup.

For you results are everthing and you are obsessed about the CL. So we won't ever agree about the fundamentals.

You know, your entire post is a joke when you think about it. Barça has played the Cruyff way in the past 25+ years (before that we played the kind of football that you would have fallen in love with and we won jackshit during that time in comparison although we won from time to time nevertheless) and in that same period we have won more than any other club in the world. Including all of our 5 CL titles. Only RM has won more CL's (that you are so obsessed about) in that time period (2 more). 5 CL titles including 1 final and countless of semifinal appearances. Including a much, much, much superior league (La Liga) and domestic (Cdr) performance than RM (almost twice as good) while playing some of the most beautiful and iconic football in the world. I will not trade that for anything. Simple as that and Pep was a crucial element of that journey and I will forever be grateful for that.

Lastly I don't give a crap about how Pep does for Bayern and Man City as I am not a fan of either clubs but I see no reason to cheer for REAL European rivals such as Liverpool or Man Utd who can threaten Barça's position at the very top (top 3) if they win too many domestic leagues, do too well in Europe etc. Man City is just a joke club in comparison, just like QSG. I am more than fine with Pep winning with them. Likewise they have few players that I dislike. That's the extend of my "support". When Pep was the manager of Bayern I was rooting AGAINST him every single time (unless playing against RM) as I considered Bayern a main rival to us. So all this "Pep fanboy" nonsense you should reserve for the real fanboys of his. I am 100% all about the club. Nobody will even be remotely as important for me as the club and institution. Not even Messi is close and dear God has he helped make this club greater. It's really this simple.

Also it is funny how the same people that are this critical of Pep are worshipping Klopp who has not even won 1/10 of what Pep has won and who has won jackshit for Liverpool in the past 3 years. And please don't give me the crap about him not wasting any money (bought the second most expensive goalkeeper in history, most expensive defender in history) and surprise, surprise, those same players have now made it possible for him to actually win something. Nothing against Klopp (I like him and his PLAYING style) quite a lot just stating facts here in the midst of all the "Pep has failed, Pep is outdated" nonsense that I witness in this thread.

P.S: Speaking about squads, you somehow forgot that the Zidane "magician and saint" was the manager of the most powerful squad in the world during his time at RM. So actually (using that logic) you could claim that he failed as he should have won not only the CL titles that he did but every league title and every CdR title as well. I highly doubt that Zidane would ever win a single league title with City's current squad (vastly overrated squad as explained) as Pep did.

Last edited:

MagIX

Pep let Bayern badly in CL, he was out coached by some margin by all of Lucho/Ancelotti/Simone.

When playing like Ancelotti RM (a shamefull parked bus) or Simeone ATM means to be out coached...
Pep has barca (Cruyff) school of though: win by playing well, win by imposing your own game, class and talent above tactics /speculations to compensate the lack of talent and skill, win because you are better and not because you have scored one more goal than the opponent.
He wouldn't even be a coach if he had to play in the style of Ancelotti or Simeone.
It is not a question of right or wrong, it's a school of thought, a way of understanding the sport: for some it only counts to win (not giving a damn how), for others it only counts to win by playing well.
For me tactics like teams built on defense, strong defence (parked bus and similar) + couterattack, speculate in a defensive error of the opponent, tactics based on crosses and hoping for a winning header, ... and similar, typical tactics (understandable) of weak teams vs big teams, are totally shameful for big teams. For me these tactics are shit, for others are tactical masterpieces.
For me the Cruyff way to play soccer is the most difficult and spectacular, you need more talent and brain than any other way of playing soccer.
For me the Barcellona of Pep played the most beautiful and difficult soccer ever, but certainly for others it was a boring soccer.

I really hope that we will never play like Ancelotti or Simeone teams.

Leo_Messi

When playing like Ancelotti RM (a shamefull parked bus) or Simeone ATM means to be out coached...
Pep has barca (Cruyff) school of though: win by playing well, win by imposing your own game, class and talent above tactics /speculations to compensate the lack of talent and skill, win because you are better and not because you have scored one more goal than the opponent.
He wouldn't even be a coach if he had to play in the style of Ancelotti or Simeone.
It is not a question of right or wrong, it's a school of thought, a way of understanding the sport: for some it only counts to win (not giving a damn how), for others it only counts to win by playing well.
For me tactics like teams built on defense, strong defence (parked bus and similar) + couterattack, speculate in a defensive error of the opponent, tactics based on crosses and hoping for a winning header, ... and similar, typical tactics (understandable) of weak teams vs big teams, are totally shameful for big teams. For me these tactics are shit, for others are tactical masterpieces.
For me the Cruyff way to play soccer is the most difficult and spectacular, you need more talent and brain than any other way of playing soccer.
For me the Barcellona of Pep played the most beautiful and difficult soccer ever, but certainly for others it was a boring soccer.

I really hope that we will never play like Ancelotti or Simeone teams.

Spot on. Have in mind as well, as I wrote above, that the same Cruyff philosophy has contributed immensely to the past 30-25 years of club success. In that same period there is not a single club that has been more successful than Barça trophy wise and dare I say in terms of football philosophy (entertainment, dominance, legacy etc.). The exact same thing can be said about Pep in the past 10 years. Yet people are somehow ignoring such obvious facts that put almost every argument of theirs apart.

What a paradox when you think about it.

I would understand their criticism if Pep was actually another Klopp (in terms of success at Liverpool in the past 3 years). Playing offensive and rather positive football but not winning anything and always coming up short. Watch Liverpool crash out in the FA Cup within days against Wolverhampton away and crash out against Bayern in the CL but yet somehow throw the league away to Man City in typical Liverpool fashion despite having nothing else to play for. I can already see it happening.

BTW, what happened to this thread? A few days ago there were 5-6 posts after mine post (10025) that ridiculed BBZ's posts in this thread.:lol:

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

That is his standard of football, but yes it does mean he has been outcoached, badly.
He wants to play a type of football, he better be prepared for other types of football. Teams aren't going to play for his strength.
So yes, he was surely outcoached when he didn't prepare his style to face those types of game and fell into the opponents trap

Vahue

City were tactically good in both of their matches against Liverpool this season. Maybe Pep has finally learnt his lesson and won't get exposed by counter attacks in the CL again.

Leo_Messi

The "fraudster" at it again. This time defeating the second coming of Jesus Christ, otherwise known as Jürgen Klopp who is busy crying about the referee and yet to win a single trophy for Liverpool 3+ years into his managerial career at Liverpool.:lol:

Hopefully my prediction above will come into fruition.

I would understand their criticism if Pep was actually another Klopp (in terms of success at Liverpool in the past 3 years). Playing offensive and rather positive football but not winning anything and always coming up short. Watch Liverpool crash out in the FA Cup within days against Wolverhampton away and crash out against Bayern in the CL but yet somehow throw the league away to Man City in typical Liverpool fashion despite having nothing else to play for. I can already see it happening.

Pep's birthday.

Oh how quickly we've all forgotten the most successful (and one of the most influential) managers in our history :) :)

Only Xavi will have as much of an impact as our manager in the future. Can't think of anyone else that remotely approaches them in importance to our beloved club.

Home of Barca Fans