Pep Guardiola

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
@BBZ8800

You'll be proud about this.

In the Man City documentary they show Txiki discuss transfer targets with the Man City owners, primarily FBs and Txiki says Pep doesn't want small FBs from Spain as he want more physical FBs that are able to play to the demands he has of them.

They ended up signing Benjamin Mendy, Danilo and Kyle Walker in the end.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I just watched that episode, he also mentions those are required for Premiere League. Which makes sense doesn't mean we need physical full backs in la Liga too. Priority is still ability to be an extra attacker and do good with the ball.

George_Costanza

I'm tired of Pep on this board.

tenor.gif

KingLeo10

this, Pep worship on this board is becoming pathetic, we have done more then fine without him

4 season with Pep: 3 La Liga, 2 CL, 2 Copa (and 7 supercups)
6 season without him since: 4 La Liga, 1 CL, 4 Copa (and 5 supercups)

I think most of the complain is because the post pep era coincided with madrid's CL run. Madrid have only won 1 liga in that time but their CL wins have made several of our fanbase lose their minds. I think we've been subpar in CL KOs for our standards but still have had the 2nd most success in europe in last few years (ahead of bayern because our league is an actual league and ahead of juve because they haven't won a CL).

George_Costanza

i didn't say that but i have continued to enjoy most barça games over the years, last year and the Tata season probably the least but still the worship for Pep and the negativity towards Valverde is excessive

Tata football>>>EV's any day. It just shows that you just value trophies and nothing else. Tata would have won if he had the squad under Lucho or EV. I think he was unfortunate not to win. VV injury in crucial month played a big part, but again his football is more attractive than what we have played in the last 2 seasons.

Stric

Tata isn't exactly the best coach in the world, but the hate he gets for his one season here is disproportionate to his failures. I hate to say it, but Vilanova was clearly the one who was the most out of his depth in terms of being coach here. Tata had incredibly bad luck throughout the season and most of all, the worst season and prolonged period of injuries Messi had had in years.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Tata isn't exactly the best coach in the world, but the hate he gets for his one season here is disproportionate to his failures. I hate to say it, but Vilanova was clearly the one who was the most out of his depth in terms of being coach here. Tata had incredibly bad luck throughout the season and most of all, the worst season and prolonged period of injuries Messi had had in years.

Defensively Tito's team was probably one of the worse teams we had, but that's due to poor recruitment (we bought Alex Song to play cb ffs). However, before his relapse, the team looked dynamic and played well. Of course, we had Messi in monstrous form, but we did go undefeated in the first half of the Liga until Sociedad's comeback from 2-0 down at the Anoeta.

Home of Barca Fans