Pep Guardiola

shockey80

Have you not seen Fraudiola in the CL since he left Barca?

Why anyone on here would call him by that name, is beyond me. The guy is a remarkable coach, the ideas he comes up with are revolutionary and yes, sometimes you lose but everyone loses.
He stays firm to his beliefs but still finds ways to be new and creative while maintaining those principles.

That some people do not understand that, is mildly annoying.

Ferguson was a great coach and he won the CL...twice? How many times you win the CL is no bearing on your standard, especially when Di Matteo has won the thing.

El Gato

Villarato!
Yes. But at Barca there would be a Messi for Pep.

Messi was there in 2010 and 2012, even in 2009. Hardly the saviour whenever Barca was in peril mate..

Pep just doesn’t seem to know how to inspire his team into 2 matches where a bad result in either can’t be made up for in another 30 against poorer teams. A drill sergeant who has no sense of charisma and moment (that is so typical of great leaders) needed to say the right things to his team at the right time. Very short temper and lack of composure under pressure giving shit to refs doesn’t help him in the least.

Last edited:

JackaL

It is obvious that his job was pretty hard at Bayern Munich after Heynckes won the treble, the same goes for ManCity where everybody expects a better performance in the CL, especially when investing so much money. But people don't seem to get it when it comes to cup and knock-out competitions, there is more luck and coincindence involved in those competitions compared to the league. On average, the league should always show who the better team is because it's a pretty long marathon. This is not the case for cup competitions. Labels like Fraudiola etc. are pure bullshit, the guy has proven himself with different teams in different leagues, thereby outclassing opponents on more than one occasion, with a playing philosophy that is not easy to adapt to... I can remember those years and the joy of watching our players outplay every opponent no matter how strong they were as if it was a fun training session on an afternoon... His anayltical and philosophical attitude and his self-confidence may seem professorial from time to time, but there is no doubt he has had the biggest influence on European football for the last decade and this is a legacy not a lot of people in the world can refer to when they retire...

Devils

This is why I hesitate to jump on the bandwagon of these teams early on in the season.

Pep's team run rampant in the first half of the season and then slow down in the second. His last two weeks have been absolutely hellacious.

He'll still win the premier league, but I think they have underachieved this season after all they've spent recent times.

Since 08/09:

Barcelona 27 titles
Pep 23 titles
Bayern Munich 18 titles
Real Madrid 15 titles
Juventus 14 titles
Manchester United 12 titles

El Flaco

Man City became EPL winners mathematically after Man Utds 0-1 loss vs. West Brom at home.

[tw]985561267329957888[/tw]

[tw]985561640312672256[/tw]

Home of Barca Fans