Pep Guardiola

ini4ever

I bet he will not win cl during his time at City, same as Mou who didn't despite his great run at his first two years in Premier League.
You can't just win cl easily even if you have enough money and good players, It will take some time for those clubs that haven't much experience in cl. Sheikhs will surely benefit from his time at City tho, maybe like Chelsea which won cl later time by the team Mou had built, City would pull it off as well.

Morten

Fraudiola is back? :pep:

But really, he always did well in league play, but getting exposed on counters in the CL is hardly something new for him.
Got countered to death by Real and Barca when he coached Bayern too.

Last edited:

xXKonan

i didnt see the game but was shocked to see the result. were city really that bad?
Zero shots on target and City's Midfield and Defense couldn't handle Liverpool's pressing especially in the first half.

This is one of those match ups that favored Klopp and his style of football even if Liverpool doesn't have some of the quality players City has. City were okay in the first 10 mins but after that first goal it just went down hill and City couldn't cope with it at all.

vlad

I bet he will not win cl during his time at City, same as Mou who didn't despite his great run at his first two years in Premier League.
You can't just win cl easily even if you have enough money and good players, It will take some time for those clubs that haven't much experience in cl. Sheikhs will surely benefit from his time at City tho, maybe like Chelsea which won cl later time by the team Mou had built, City would pull it off as well.

Its not only about unexpirienced city, pep since 2011 are going out of CL very easy, getting outplayed every time, its really embarressing

Messi983

He'll never learn.

And yet many people still wants us to play exactly the same way than Pep and expect different results.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't want to gloat nor do I have anything to be sorry for that club.

Glad Liverpool and Klopp did it. Team spirit can and will prevail over quality sometimes and that's one of the things everyone should appreciate in football.

LeeRomeno

I remember a while ago I was arguing with some people here about why him being so stubborn and not changing his style is not a virtue, but flaw. Pep is legendary is being really poor in important away CL games and unlike guys like Klopp, Zidane or even Valverde, he seems completely not interested in adjusting the game for specific opponents, but rather just keeps on doing his own thing. I would not say they are out of this completely, alot depends on if Salah actually can play in second round. Scoring 3 goals against Liverpool is not impossible task for this ManC team, its more difficult to keep Pool from scoring any goal from counters and Salah is crucial there, but they would never be in this position with Valverde, probably would have ended 0-0 with him at helm.

Devils

I don't think that he will never learn, it's just that he is too stubborn to change his ways. Constantly says that 'He will never change his style' in the media and that has been evident for the past 5 years now in the CL where his dominant league teams (last season being the exception) have completely collapsed in the KO stages of the CL.

After the amount of money that MC spent on transfer this year and with the quality they have in their starting XI and great squad depth, no way should a result like that happen. Comical stuff.

kollegah

Lucho or valverde would have won the CL 4 times in a row 2009-2010-2011-2012 with the squad that was available.

Xavi, iniesta, messi, busi, alves, puyol, (very good) villa, (advanced) workhorse pedro.

Still baffled how he managed to have such weak CL statisctics with the best midfield of all time.

The barca in that time was same like city (toothless against park buses and easy to **** by counterattack).

Only differences: Messi, Xavi, iniesta, busi, alves

Lucho or valverde would have won the CL 4 times in a row 2009-2010-2011-2012 with the squad that was available.

Xavi, iniesta, messi, busi, alves, puyol, (very good) villa, (advanced) workhorse pedro.

Still baffled how he managed to have such weak CL statisctics with the best midfield of all time.

The barca in that time was same like city (toothless against park buses and easy to **** by counterattack).

Only differences: Messi, Xavi, iniesta, busi, alves

We can't say like that. He basically took the underperforming Rijkaard's side and polished the team. But still, he should have won the four CLs. There's no excuse.

Home of Barca Fans