Pep Guardiola

LeeRomeno

Allegri better manager than Pep? Not for me.

Pep has been flexible at times anyway but his 100 belief in certain elements is a bigger strength than a weakness for him.

Maybe if Allegri had same conviction his teams would win more.

Yes, did i say Allegri was better coach? No, i said he was more flexible coach as you asked some examples lol.

JamDav1982

Yes, did i say Allegri was better coach? No, i said he was more flexible coach as you asked some examples lol.

So he is more flexible but not as good a coach?

I agree.

Pep sticking to certain principles is a bigger strength than Allegris flexibility to play certain other ways.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Just from top of my head Ancelotti and Conte for example. Both have been successful in several clubs. Ancelottis time seems to be over though.

Conte's Juventus was pathetic in the CL, They went out in the group stages in a group with Galatasaray and a league where they had a monopoly with the Milan clubs crashing and burning.

Ancelotti has won 3 or 4 league titles in such a long career. His Milan team was great, but he's hardly been spectacular elsewhere, even with the CL he won at Real Madrid. His Chelsea team crashed and burned too.

LeeRomeno

So he is more flexible but not as good a coach?

I agree.

Pep sticking to certain principles is a bigger strength than Allegris flexibility to play certain other ways.

Then again flexibility allows you to remain in the same environment and club for longer. Which is why coaches like Pep and Mou will always be 3 year coaches and then need to transfer to another league/club as they "cannot motivate the team anymore". I value that more.

JamDav1982

Then again flexibility allows you to remain in the same environment and club for longer. Which is why coaches like Pep and Mou will always be 3 year coaches and then need to transfer to another league/club as they "cannot motivate the team anymore". I value that more.

Value what Conte has done at Juve and Chelsea more than Pep at Barcelona, Bayern and City?

Good stuff.

Ancelotti been at more clubs than Pep since Pep started managing and not had the fraction of success but dont let that put you off this 'flexible' guy.

JamDav1982

Winning PL comfortably with a team, that season before ended up 10th, is pretty spectacular.

A team that had won the league two years before and was not in the CL.

Good but not spectacular.

To then have team playing they are this season doenst quite back it up either.

LeeRomeno

Value what Conte has done at Juve and Chelsea more than Pep at Barcelona, Bayern and City?

Good stuff.

Ancelotti been at more clubs than Pep since Pep started managing and not had the fraction of success but dont let that put you off this 'flexible' guy.

Seriously, you are pretty good debater usually, but you just keep posting completely random stuff here. This has absolutely nothing to do with what I have said.

LeeRomeno

A team that had won the league two years before and was not in the CL.

Good but not spectacular.

To then have team playing they are this season doenst quite back it up either.

Neither is winning 0 trophies in the richest club in the country or failing in the only trophy he was suppose to deliver in Bayern.

jamrock

The CL as way too many variables for it to be used on the 1 measuring stick of a coaches greatness like some on here are trying to do.

With pep we could have won 3 CL in a row with the right bit of luck and with bad luck only 1.

So many details goes into winning it.

But there as been no coach in top flight foorball who as constantly gone out and played on the front foot the way pep as since he as been a coach and that above everything else makes him the best coach in the world.

I mean do people remember that juve vs Bayern game? Holy shit these games are why.

JamDav1982

Neither is winning 0 trophies in the richest club in the country or failing in the only trophy he was suppose to deliver in Bayern.

Yet I never claimed Pep had been spectacular at Bayern or was at City last season.

You just ignoring his time at Barcelona though. Good going.

You have this ideal of managers these days staying at top clubs for years and years. Wont happen.

LeeRomeno

Conte's Juventus was pathetic in the CL, They went out in the group stages in a group with Galatasaray and a league where they had a monopoly with the Milan clubs crashing and burning.

Ancelotti has won 3 or 4 league titles in such a long career. His Milan team was great, but he's hardly been spectacular elsewhere, even with the CL he won at Real Madrid. His Chelsea team crashed and burned too.

Conte took over Juve when they were 7th in league 24 points behind winners Milan. Sure the management of Milan clubs was poor, but how he made Serie A 1 club league in just 1 year is spectacular.

Home of Barca Fans