Pep Guardiola

Neymessi

What went wrong with RM?Pep went wrong,it was that simple.Ask any Bayern fan and he’ll tell you that they hold Pep responsible for not winning any CL after 2013.They were rightfully considered favorites,you’re lying to yourself if you think otherwise.They may not spend too much,but at the time they had the best squad in Europe.They lost to RM because Pep is obsessed with following his philosophy,even when it is not suitable.RM killed them on the counter.Against Barca he instructed his players to go in a full attacking mode at the 80th minute which resulted in Neymar scoring in the counter,instead of keeping the 2-0 deficit and try to overcome it in Munich.

Furthermore,he was been a prick whether you like it or not.He sold Eto’o(one of the best players in the 09 team) and would not speak to him afterwards.He would not greet Zlatan either.Too many stories were revealed during his Bayern years,but i’ll never forget that he sold the club legend Schweinsteiger to MU.The moment he arrived at MC he started disrespecting club legends like Toure and Hart.He claimed that he would never get a player from Barcelona,yet he bought Bravo,whom at the time was considered to be a vital part of the team.And too many other stories that i don’t recall now.

No pep didn't go wrong with Rm. Just because you are favorites don't mean you come out winning. Rm were a top team that season just slightly behind bayern as favorites to win CL. We were fav to win CL in 10,12 and 16 and we didn't even reach finals. Why? Because when two huge teams clash anything can happen. It was very normal to lose to RM. Pep didn't instruct them to attack. I forgot but some bayern player said in an interview that the players didn't understand what to do and made the mistake of deciding to attack. No pep there.

Only etoo is a good example but rest nah. Zlatan was very egotistic and prickish. No wonder a guy like him didn't have a good relationship with pep. He said he hated pep for motivating players by talking philosphical talk as if thats a wrong thing to do. Toure and his agent were morons who consistently kept making controversy and no surprise it happened again when pep arrived. He didn't disrespect shit. He never sold scwhei. wtf? He got past his prime and knew playing time would be under threat and so left for a much inferior team in manu. If pep wasn't there he would have left anyway. When pep said he didn't want any barca player here he was answering the question that whether he would try to take players from barca that he trained to manc like busquets etc.

vlad

No pep didn't go wrong with Rm. Just because you are favorites don't mean you come out winning. Rm were a top team that season just slightly behind bayern as favorites to win CL. We were fav to win CL in 10,12 and 16 and we didn't even reach finals. Why? Because when two huge teams clash anything can happen. It was very normal to lose to RM. Pep didn't instruct them to attack. I forgot but some bayern player said in an interview that the players didn't understand what to do and made the mistake of deciding to attack. No pep there.

Only etoo is a good example but rest nah. Zlatan was very egotistic and prickish. No wonder a guy like him didn't have a good relationship with pep. He said he hated pep for motivating players by talking philosphical talk as if thats a wrong thing to do. Toure and his agent were morons who consistently kept making controversy and no surprise it happened again when pep arrived. He didn't disrespect shit. He never sold scwhei. wtf? He got past his prime and knew playing time would be under threat and so left for a much inferior team in manu. If pep wasn't there he would have left anyway. When pep said he didn't want any barca player here he was answering the question that whether he would try to take players from barca that he trained to manc like busquets etc.

Bayern under pep, they looked like some average team vs real and barca, that was embaressing for pep.

Ursegor

World Champion
I disagree. Real's 1-0 in the Bernabeu was against the run of play and I think Pepe put in the best defensive performance of his life.

15-3 corners in Bayern's favour and 18 vs. 9 shots in the Bernabeu. Real were really lucky to get that one break and then park the airplane. Then in the 2nd leg they got those freak Ramos goals and that killed the tie pretty quickly.

Against Barca the game was even until individual error from Rafinha gifted Messi the ball and a few minutes later he went beast mode on Boateng. In the 2nd leg we actually got killed. 3 goals conceded and Mats still MOTM. That game was his standout game in a Barca shirt despite conceding 3.

Yeah, sure, maybe Pep could have parked the airplane and got something that way but he doesn't roll that way obviously.

CL involves a lot of luck. Better or equal teams can end up getting trashed and it will not reflect the coaching ability.

Pep is clearly the standout manager of this generation. Mourinho doesn't even come close. Imagine spending 100 million on Pogba, 100 million on Lukaku, getting Sanchez (one of the best PL players) etc. and then getting absolutely outplayed by Tottenham for 90 minutes as if they were prime Barca and subbing off your € 100 million midfielder and benching him the next game because the coach thinks Pogba is black and big so he must be a DM which you can play behind 4 attackers even though he's an attacking player or selling Kevin de Bruyne who is maybe a top 3 player in the world right now because you prefer Oscar who is in China now.

BarcaOG

Banned
I disagree. Real's 1-0 in the Bernabeu was against the run of play and I think Pepe put in the best defensive performance of his life.

15-3 corners in Bayern's favour and 18 vs. 9 shots in the Bernabeu. Real were really lucky to get that one break and then park the airplane. Then in the 2nd leg they got those freak Ramos goals and that killed the tie pretty quickly.

Against Barca the game was even until individual error from Rafinha gifted Messi the ball and a few minutes later he went beast mode on Boateng. In the 2nd leg we actually got killed. 3 goals conceded and Mats still MOTM. That game was his standout game in a Barca shirt despite conceding 3.

Yeah, sure, maybe Pep could have parked the airplane and got something that way but he doesn't roll that way obviously.

CL involves a lot of luck. Better or equal teams can end up getting trashed and it will not reflect the coaching ability.

Pep is clearly the standout manager of this generation. Mourinho doesn't even come close. Imagine spending 100 million on Pogba, 100 million on Lukaku, getting Sanchez (one of the best PL players) etc. and then getting absolutely outplayed by Tottenham for 90 minutes as if they were prime Barca and subbing off your € 100 million midfielder and benching him the next game because the coach thinks Pogba is black and big so he must be a DM which you can play behind 4 attackers even though he's an attacking player or selling Kevin de Bruyne who is maybe a top 3 player in the world right now because you prefer Oscar who is in China now.

*applause*

KingLeo10

not to mention, bayern completely battered atletico in the 2016 semis and should have been in the final if not for muller's PK miss and a handful of other fluffed chances. IIRC, simeone said that game at the allianz was the fiercest bombardment he'd faced in his managerial career.

Stoichkov1

I honestly think Pep is a prick but it's foolish to downplay his achievements or his coaching ability. It's quite obvious the man is a genius and will be considered one of all time great managers once his career is finished.

khaled_a_d

Am I missing something? Bayern battered Atletico? Killed us in CL? In both times Pep was totally out coached. The 2nd leg we could have easily beaten them if we wanted but we didn't want to waste energy and didn't care about them getting some moral win.
In 2016 it was close but Pep had the best team and the penalty was an individual mistake. Simeone has done way better job and was the best team in that competition IMO
We can keep going about details. one of those penalty calls against us in Chelsea 2009 and Pep wouldn't have had half of his current legacy. The details & luck goes both way. But in the end you make your luck too and for last 5 CL campaigns Pep failed hard to impress.
That doesn't take away he is a generational coach, for me there is football before and after Pep. The level of top teams has went to new level to adapt to what he has done,that sah he himself failed to keep that level in CL.

JamDav1982

Fucking crazy that folk can try to make out those Bayern eliminations v Barca, Real and Atletico were unlucky or well coached by Pep.

Sounds like the shite Xavi came out with after Barca got beat 4-0 by Bayern.

RMU ReBorn

Well, I think he is a talented coach, but also that he is one of many, but 99% of the coaches as talented as him, will never get the possibilities he has had during his career. Fact he was placed in charge of quite possibly the most talented La Masia generation with Barca B and then Barcelona, with so many absolutely brilliant players peaking at the same time, thats once in a lifetime opportunity. It was he, who got that chance, no one else had it. Fact that he took the chance and won many trophies shows that he is a good coach, but there will always be doubts about what he can actually do without massive talent and/or massive amount of spending budget.
Dude he didn't just won trophy's . Even Zidane won trophy's with Madrid . But just compare how they played and won . That's his legacy . Messi being false nine is his brain child and promoting 20 year old Busi from La masia replacing experienced Yaya Toure . Easier said than done

LeeRomeno

Dude he didn't just won trophy's . Even Zidane won trophy's with Madrid . But just compare how they played and won . That's his legacy . Messi being false nine is his brain child and promoting 20 year old Busi from La masia replacing experienced Yaya Toure . Easier said than done

Like I said, he took once in a lifetime opportunity well. We are yet to see it being replicated anywhere. He didnt turn Bayern better after joining, some may even argue, it got worse. Sure, he won the compulsory trophies, but thats about it. In ManC, he completely failed in his first season, hell lost to Monaco in CL and now after spending massive amounts of money, he has finally on his way to first trophy. My point is that if Pep would have taken charge of Real Madrid for example in 2007, do you think he would have created his legacy with CR7 and others there? Or do you think the roster Barcelona had, would have still dominated the scene with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and others, hell maybe even Ronaldinho and Eto would have stayed longer. Yea, I know it is speculation, but people praising him need to also realize the incredibly potential team he was put in charge of.

RMU ReBorn

Like I said, he took once in a lifetime opportunity well. We are yet to see it being replicated anywhere. He didnt turn Bayern better after joining, some may even argue, it got worse. Sure, he won the compulsory trophies, but thats about it. In ManC, he completely failed in his first season, hell lost to Monaco in CL and now after spending massive amounts of money, he has finally on his way to first trophy. My point is that if Pep would have taken charge of Real Madrid for example in 2007, do you think he would have created his legacy with CR7 and others there? Or do you think the roster Barcelona had, would have still dominated the scene with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and others, hell maybe even Ronaldinho and Eto would have stayed longer. Yea, I know it is speculation, but people praising him need to also realize the incredibly potential team he was put in charge of.

i can only say one thing . Just watch how city are playing . Especially a guy like sterling. They are producing some breath taking football . Sure he spends shitload of money and does play attacking football rather than parking the bus after spending tons of money . If you think everything was down to Xavi , Messi , Busi and Iniesta stringing passes together with their talent ,then i am afraid you would never acknowledge the changes he brought and the methods he followed . Henry in one of his interviews perfectly explained why Guardiola is such a genius tactician and how difficult is it to be successful as a player in his system.

LeeRomeno

i can only say one thing . Just watch how city are playing . Especially a guy like sterling. They are producing some breath taking football . Sure he spends shitload of money and does play attacking football rather than parking the bus after spending tons of money . If you think everything was down to Xavi , Messi , Busi and Iniesta stringing passes together with their talent ,then i am afraid you would never acknowledge the changes he brought and the methods he followed . Henry in one of his interviews perfectly explained why Guardiola is such a genius tactician and how difficult is it to be successful as a player in his system.

Ive seen City play, considering the average level of PL teams, it is not surprising. As for attacking football, Bayern played such a boring style under him, alot of fans were not satisfied, in his last year Barca games were so utterly boring, i fell out of excuses why anyone would call it attacking football. Yes, he brings his ideas in, they work for a few seasons, then other coaches find proper countermeasures and you will end up watching 90 minutes of boring sideways passing and trying to walk into goal with ball.
Ive said it many times that I enjoyed our football alot more during Luchos treble season, but sure, that is just my opinion.
Anyways, I am sure there are many genius tacticians in the world, but they have been not lucky enough to get a chance to lead a golden generation or then have 300 mil getting any player they want.

JamDav1982

Ive seen City play, considering the average level of PL teams, it is not surprising. As for attacking football, Bayern played such a boring style under him, alot of fans were not satisfied, in his last year Barca games were so utterly boring, i fell out of excuses why anyone would call it attacking football. Yes, he brings his ideas in, they work for a few seasons, then other coaches find proper countermeasures and you will end up watching 90 minutes of boring sideways passing and trying to walk into goal with ball.
Ive said it many times that I enjoyed our football alot more during Luchos treble season, but sure, that is just my opinion.
Anyways, I am sure there are many genius tacticians in the world, but they have been not lucky enough to get a chance to lead a golden generation or then have 300 mil getting any player they want.

Average level has been better than La Liga this season.

Home of Barca Fans