Pep Guardiola

Cool

Pep to get sacked and wait on Enrique to finish out this season to replace him?!

Are we onto sonething here!?

F

FlaFCB

Pep to get sacked and wait on Enrique to finish out this season to replace him?!

Are we onto sonething here!?

No. He's never coming back to be Barça coach again. Especially while this board is here.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Nice interview Pep had with Henry.

Thanx man

Watched it and was disappointed as he said little or nothing.
Priceless was minute 13 and the way he nervously grabbed his sleeves when asked about his style :lol:

Was nice to see him with Henry though.

I wouldn't say he said very little, but he did indicate the problem his team is facing and how he's adapting interestingly he spoke about second ball and the game against Arsenal City dominate most of the second ball and Pep said he was spending 1-2 hrs a day training for them in his presser.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'm not sure whether Pep as President or Sporting Director is a very good idea, despite me hoping he plays a role within the club when his career ends.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I saw his quotes about approaching end of his career. He said 3 or more seasons in City and then maybe a step up.

I am more interested if he will come back at Barca as president.
I have a feeling he will go to Italy also, try to spread his total football waves there as well

I'm not sure whether Pep as President or Sporting Director is a very good idea, despite me hoping he plays a role within the club when his career ends.

Yeah. He'd be terrible at both of those anyway. He neither has the eye to pick gems to make a good Sporting Director nor has he ever been man enough to face confrontation to make a good president.

Cruyff's role before the evil president dawned upon us should be cool

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

I think Pep perhaps might be a bit too much of an idealist, and sometimes that doesn't often work so well. Especially when it comes to signing players. Too many wrong signings, which obviously isn't something other Sporting Directors don't do either :zubi:, but I can't get around the feeling that it might be a bit too much for him considering a President also plays a significant role there, and he seem to burn out very quickly too. A six year term might be too much for him and you'd ideally want stability in that area instead of calling for elections mid-way through your term.

On the other hand, he'll have good relations with most teams which is a strong point when it comes to being the President. Something this man :rosell: didn't grasp. And this man :laporta: perhaps took advantage of for personal gain.

And the confrontation part [MENTION=1378]Aryagorn[/MENTION] referred to above is maybe something to consider too. I'm just not sure Pep will be comfortable in that position.

I think another role, executive role overseeing all the youth development, La Masia, the entire academy in the club might be a better job for him.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think Pep perhaps might be a bit too much of an idealist, and sometimes that doesn't often work so well. Especially when it comes to signing players. Too many wrong signings, which obviously isn't something other Sporting Directors don't do either :zubi:, but I can't get around the feeling that it might be a bit too much for him considering a President also plays a significant role there, and he seem to burn out very quickly too. A six year term might be too much for him and you'd ideally want stability in that area instead of calling for elections mid-way through your term.

On the other hand, he'll have good relations with most teams which is a strong point when it comes to being the President. Something this man :rosell: didn't grasp. And this man :laporta: perhaps took advantage of for personal gain.

And the confrontation part [MENTION=1378]Aryagorn[/MENTION] referred to above is maybe something to consider too. I'm just not sure Pep will be comfortable in that position.

I think another role, executive role overseeing all the youth development, La Masia, the entire academy in the club might be a better job for him.

Fair enough. I don't see him working beneath someone though.
He had problems as a player with perfect gentleman Robson, problems in Barca with Bartomeu, problems in Bayern and he will have more in England.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Executive thing should be good with the stylish way he carries his suits too :p

gettyimages-454804851_1024.jpg

Home of Barca Fans