Pep Guardiola

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Would have thrown an half-empty plastic bottle at him if I had witnessed him doing that.

Why not "half-full"?

psychs-psychiatry-psychiatric-psychiatrists-psychiatrist-psychsearch.net-psych.jpg

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
With regard to his beef with the Bayern medical staff, according to Marti Perarnau's new book "Pep Guardiola: The Evolution" which Bild got an excerpt on, the whole thing started when the Bayern medical team put Ribery and Neuer on injury list right before his first game manning the helm at Bayern, which was the German Super Cup game against BVB which Bayern lost in August 2013. Guardiola was allegedly furious when he found out the two were training just fine like nothing happened merely 36 hours after the game and he thought he might have been played by the Bayern medical team. Also Guardiola was not happy that Dr.Hans Mueller-Wohlfahrt refused to be onsite (relocating his office near downtown Munich to Bayern facilities at Säbener Strasse, my understanding) and that HWM wouldn't travel to away games with the team (not sure if this is true as I recalling see him in away games) so he went to KHR asking for a doctor who is always onsite and available.

However, according to the book it wasn't Guardiola but rather KHR that pushed HWM out, or the last straw that broke the camel's back. In the spring of 2015 Bayern saw their worst strings of injuries since Guardiola took over, and KHR was particularly frustrated at the Bayern medical team for the handling of Ribery who was said to be recovering in 3 or 4 days but eventually took 8 months before he returned. And the whole thing reached the climax after they lost to Porto, which saw KHR going to their dressing room and complained publicly. The next day HMW resigned.

Not sure if Perarnau was whitewashing for Guardiola but this is apparently his account of what happened.

Hatem Ben Arfa

With regard to his beef with the Bayern medical staff, according to Marti Perarnau's new book "Pep Guardiola: The Evolution" which Bild got an excerpt on, the whole thing started when the Bayern medical team put Ribery and Neuer on injury list right before his first game manning the helm at Bayern, which was the German Super Cup game against BVB which Bayern lost in August 2013. Guardiola was allegedly furious when he found out the two were training just fine like nothing happened merely 36 hours after the game and he thought he might have been played by the Bayern medical team. Also Guardiola was not happy that Dr.Hans Mueller-Wohlfahrt refused to be onsite (relocating his office near downtown Munich to Bayern facilities at Säbener Strasse, my understanding) and that HWM wouldn't travel to away games with the team (not sure if this is true as I recalling see him in away games) so he went to KHR asking for a doctor who is always onsite and available.

However, according to the book it wasn't Guardiola but rather KHR that pushed HWM out, or the last straw that broke the camel's back. In the spring of 2015 Bayern saw their worst strings of injuries since Guardiola took over, and KHR was particularly frustrated at the Bayern medical team for the handling of Ribery who was said to be recovering in 3 or 4 days but eventually took 8 months before he returned. And the whole thing reached the climax after they lost to Porto, which saw KHR going to their dressing room and complained publicly. The next day HMW resigned.

Not sure if Perarnau was whitewashing for Guardiola but this is apparently his account of what happened.

Peranau is a long-time friend of Guardiola, of course he's whitewashing it and KHR was backing his manager as Guardiola gets sensitive if he feels he's not being fully backed. Funny how Bayern wanted to bring HMW back to Bayern towards the end of Guardiola's reign with KHR even saying some players have had a scan at HMW's practice. Funny how Bayern players continued to see him privately even after he left.

Whatever mistakes were made by medical staff or tensions caused by him not relocating his practice, there is absolutely NO excuse for Guardiola's disgusting behaviour towards the medical staff and Mueller-Wohlfahrt who has served Bayern for over 40 years. Guardiola came out with his disarming fake self-deprecating statements to squirm out of it saying it's only his fault they lost to Porto, not the medical staff (if he really believed that he wouldn't have done what he did and would have apologized). He's just so disingenuous at times, it really rubs me the wrong way.

I'd still like him back at Barca though. I'm not sure if he left on best terms with certain players or executives. His dad makes it sound like he's never coming back to Barca.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Peranau is a long-time friend of Guardiola, of course he's whitewashing it and KHR was backing his manager as Guardiola gets sensitive if he feels he's not being fully backed. Funny how Bayern wanted to bring HMW back to Bayern towards the end of Guardiola's reign with KHR even saying some players have had a scan at HMW's practice. Funny how Bayern players continued to see him privately even after he left.

Whatever mistakes were made by medical staff or tensions caused by him not relocating his practice, there is absolutely NO excuse for Guardiola's disgusting behaviour towards the medical staff and Mueller-Wohlfahrt who has served Bayern for over 40 years. Guardiola came out with his disarming fake self-deprecating statements to squirm out of it saying it's only his fault they lost to Porto, not the medical staff (if he really believed that he wouldn't have done what he did and would have apologized). He's just so disingenuous at times, it really rubs me the wrong way.

I'd still like him back at Barca though. I'm not sure if he left on best terms with certain players or executives. His dad makes it sound like he's never coming back to Barca.

Yup, I agree with everything you said above. I think he is one of the best football managers out there if not the best with an extremely high IQ but a rather average EQ.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Guardiola has surprised me. Honestly thought he was going to make him rot on the bench the rest of the season despite the apology.

Yaya starts and scores 2 goals! Who on here said he's irrelevant and not good enough for the first team?

He's lost a ton of weight since I saw him in preseason with City also. However lets not get ahead of ourselves he's still 33 and that's not something will see a lot from him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yaya was always class, made right decision to leave as he knew Busi was pep favorite.
Won everything with Barca and then left to make big bucks in epl.
For years he's been one of City's best players too so cant't see why anyone would hate him.

Yaya was always class, made right decision to leave as he knew Busi was pep favorite.
Won everything with Barca and then left to make big bucks in epl.
For years he's been one of City's best players too so cant't see why anyone would hate him.

His horrible agent and shitty attitude. But you're right, Yaya had a very successful career.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Guardiola's behaviour is disgraceful! Sarcastically applauding the ref and blanking all the Chelsea players at the end of the game. I just can't stand him anymore which is really strange given how much I used kiss his ass.

Home of Barca Fans