Pep Guardiola

BarcaOG

Banned
I think Pep might have played a weak line-up to give Jose the win. A favour of sorts from one struggling manager to another.

BarcaOG

Banned
I mean, the EFL cup is worthless. If he didn't think so he would have played a stronger side. One thing I don't understand about English football is the number of silly cup competitions.

Hatem Ben Arfa

I mean, the EFL cup is worthless. If he didn't think so he would have played a stronger side. One thing I don't understand about English football is the number of silly cup competitions.

EFL Cup = League teams only; Premier League, Championship, League 1 and League 2

FA Cup = League AND Non League (Divisions 5 - 10) teams.

akaranzo

Pep Guardiola is a good manager but am I the only one who doesn't like the guy?

Why don't you like him? I think he's one of the most likeable managers around, even yesterday for example, he beat us but didn't stay to gloat about his win or anything, he stayed classy and respectful and treated it like just another match. He's my favorite manager by far.

BarcaOG

Banned
He has an odd record against Barcelona:
He was trashed (4-0 vs City) and soundly beaten (3-0 vs Bayern) but also has an edgy, hard-fought win (3-2 Bayern-Barca) as well as a solid victory (3-1 City-Barca).

Overall, 10-6 in favour of Barca. He's definitely not an easy opponent.7

Hatem Ben Arfa

Why don't you like him? I think he's one of the most likeable managers around, even yesterday for example, he beat us but didn't stay to gloat about his win or anything, he stayed classy and respectful and treated it like just another match. He's my favorite manager by far.

I can understand why people don't like him. He just doesn't seem genuine when he speaks sometimes, like he says things so that the press can kiss his ass and massage his ego because of his uncompromising philosophy. Sometimes it's like he's acting and he doesn't think anyone will notice.

His treatment of Toure is him being a petty, vindictive baby. Just be man enough to say Yaya not in my plans because he criticised me back in 2011 along with Zlatan and Bojan. This cowardly business of blaming the agents comments is so pathetic and transparent. Have some stones and be a man about it.

Also I didn't like his behaviour at Bayern the other season when he was beefing with his own medical staff in public. I lost a lot of respect for him that day.

Despite my loss of respect for him, he's the best manager out there in terms of entertaining football. I'd always watch Bundesliga just to see his Bayern play, I never watched German football before that.

akaranzo

I can understand why people don't like him. He just doesn't seem genuine when he speaks sometimes, like he says things so that the press can kiss his ass and massage his ego because of his uncompromising philosophy. Sometimes it's like he's acting and he doesn't think anyone will notice.

His treatment of Toure is him being a petty, vindictive baby. Just be man enough to say Yaya not in my plans because he criticised me back in 2011 along with Zlatan and Bojan. This cowardly business of blaming the agents comments is so pathetic and transparent. Have some stones and be a man about it.

Also I didn't like his behaviour at Bayern the other season when he was beefing with his own medical staff in public. I lost a lot of respect for him that day.

Despite my loss of respect for him, he's the best manager out there in terms of entertaining football. I'd always watch Bundesliga just to see his Bayern play, I never watched German football before that.

I mean his treatment of Toure right now is completely justified. He actually tried to make Yaya part of his plans and he was playing at the start, until the whole agent debacle. If Yaya wasn't in his plans at all he would've tried to sell him in the summer, he didn't because he expected him to be useful, but then the scandal happened. And if you say it's just the agent, why punish Toure for that - obviously Yaya should be able to tell his agent to cut the shit, but he hasn't so Pep is completely justified in what he's doing. The only way now the situation could really be remedied is if Yaya fired the agent, because while he himself apologized, the agent refused to.

Hatem Ben Arfa

I mean his treatment of Toure right now is completely justified. He actually tried to make Yaya part of his plans and he was playing at the start, until the whole agent debacle. If Yaya wasn't in his plans at all he would've tried to sell him in the summer, he didn't because he expected him to be useful, but then the scandal happened. And if you say it's just the agent, why punish Toure for that - obviously Yaya should be able to tell his agent to cut the shit, but he hasn't so Pep is completely justified in what he's doing. The only way now the situation could really be remedied is if Yaya fired the agent, because while he himself apologized, the agent refused to.

No way is his treatment justified. He is using Seluk's comments as a reason to hide his score settling because Yaya dared criticise him back in 2011 along with Ibra and Bojan. Yaya lost 8 kilos in pre-season and is in fantastic shape but you will notice that he has not played 1 single minute of Premier League football. The only minutes he has got was a meaningless 2nd leg Champions League qualifier. Seluk's comments came not long after that match giving Guardiola the perfect excuse. Guardiola is being vindictive here. Now that Yaya has apologized himself watch Guardiola restrict him to a couple mins as a sub for the rest of the season.

I've lost a lot respect for Guardiola since he left Barca, and I can definitely understand why others don't like him. His behaviour towards Bayern Medical staff in public was disgusting and I'm not surprised they resigned immediately after the game.

snowy

No way is his treatment justified. He is using Seluk's comments as a reason to hide his score settling because Yaya dared criticise him back in 2011 along with Ibra and Bojan. Yaya lost 8 kilos in pre-season and is in fantastic shape but you will notice that he has not played 1 single minute of Premier League football. The only minutes he has got was a meaningless 2nd leg Champions League qualifier. Seluk's comments came not long after that match giving Guardiola the perfect excuse. Guardiola is being vindictive here. Now that Yaya has apologized himself watch Guardiola restrict him to a couple mins as a sub for the rest of the season.

I've lost a lot respect for Guardiola since he left Barca, and I can definitely understand why others don't like him. His behaviour towards Bayern Medical staff in public was disgusting and I'm not surprised they resigned immediately after the game.

didn't even know about that smh
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2433700-pep-guardiola-bayern-munich-rocked-by-medical-staff-walkout-amid-injury-crisis

Best Comment by Harshil Ace (from a galaxy far far away):

Clap by guardiola was completely uncool, it's as if he was fully blaming the medical staff for this, I always saw him as a manager who brought unity to the team but the clap was intended to alienate the medical staff. How would clapping like that improve the situation at all it was just abuse of his position to try and blame someone. You would never see wenger clapping like that even though arsenal constantly have recurring injury problems. I think it was right for the medical staff to quit, no 70 year old man deserves to be sarcastically clapped at like that

Home of Barca Fans