Pep Guardiola

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nasri, Hart & Yaya to the bin - you gotta love that kinda cleanup

Ronaldinho & Deco say ciao!

Eto'o too!

Pep is as much as an asshole as Mou. But come to think of it former players spoke more fondly of Mou and Carlo than Pep

El Flaco

Nasri, Hart & Yaya to the bin - you gotta love that kinda cleanup

Ronaldinho & Deco say ciao!

Pep actually wanted Nasri to stay at the club, but the latter simply wanted more minutes...

Nasri: “Until the last moment Pep tried to get me stay and said I was going to play, but I wanted a family club to give me love and a lot of minutes."

And regarding Hart, Pep said he'd gain playing time if the Englishman stayed. But at the end, Hart didn't want to fight for the No.1 GK spot at Man City and left in order to be a undisputed starter elsewhere...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...rt-will-play-for-manchester-city-if-he-stays/

So no, neither of these two players were treated in the same way as Pep did towards Dinho and Deco.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Pep actually wanted Nasri to stay at the club, but the latter simply wanted more minutes...

Nasri: “Until the last moment Pep tried to get me stay and said I was going to play, but I wanted a family club to give me love and a lot of minutes."

And regarding Hart, Pep said he'd gain playing time if the Englishman stayed. But at the end, Hart didn't want to fight for the No.1 GK spot at Man City and left in order to be a undisputed starter elsewhere...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...rt-will-play-for-manchester-city-if-he-stays/

So no, neither of these two players were treated in the same way as Pep did towards Dinho and Deco.

Joe Hart was unequivocally told he was 3rd choice goalkeeper. Pep as good as said it in his TV press conference. As for Nasri, he was the first player disciplined for being overweight and clearly didn't fancy fighting for his place.

Ekul

Eto'o too!

Pep is as much as an asshole as Mou. But come to think of it former players spoke more fondly of Mou and Carlo than Pep

An asshole? As much as MOURINHO!?

We all know why he got rid of Ronaldinho and Deco, and he was absolutely vindicated in the best way possible (sextuple). Nasri, Hart and Toure are just not good enough to get in the current Man City team. There's nothing more to that, in my opinion.

Don't forget that it was only last season that there was a player revolt against Mourinho at Chelsea, and they all looked completely liberated when he left. And that he's been publicly criticising his players in the past few weeks.

El Flaco

Joe Hart was unequivocally told he was 3rd choice goalkeeper. Pep as good as said it in his TV press conference. As for Nasri, he was the first player disciplined for being overweight and clearly didn't fancy fighting for his place.

As long as the player in question has some overwight, he wouldn't be allowed to train with the first team until he fixed it. Nasri did and he's once again available for Pep. Of course he wasn't interested for fighting his place, which is why he said. Hart would've surely back-up to Bravo or actually give the Chilean a proper fight for being No.1 Gk if he was determined to follow through Pep's idea

Anyway, the main point of my previous post was to describe that Pep didn't want to get rid of Hart and Nasri no matter what like he did towards Dinho and Deco.

Eto'o too!

Hmmm I'm sure Lahm, Boateng, Alonso, Robben, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol, Neuer, Valdes, Pique, Alves, Masche, Villa, Costa, Kimmich, Kroos, Lewa, Thiago, etc all have negative things to say.

Other then the players he got rid of you rarely hear anything else. Other then when players are asked to make comparisons between managers.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Pep is not exactly as much of an ass as is Mou. I mean, Pep is never going to physically attack a fellow professional or wait in the parking to give them a piece of his mind. He is not so dumb for that sort of shit. But he is not exactly the saint like people here want to project him as either!

I mean he is as matured as to not visit a dying friend because he had an issue with whom the friend works for, for example! Sure none of Lahm, Boateng, Alonso, Robben, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol, Neuer, Valdes, Pique, Alves, Masche, Villa, Costa, Kimmich, Kroos, Lewa, Thiago, etc would not have negative things to say about him! Why would they when they were the best in their respective roles & would only get a royal treatment, or been treated like his own children because of their talent and would never have had to fight for their place under him!

It is just like how the likes of Lampard, Terry, Cole, Eto'o, Zanetti, Sneijder, Milito, Thiago Motta, et al would only have good things to say about Mou either!

And :lol: @ people pointing at Mou blaming his squad for the recent results at Utd. Come on guys, do not be so naive to believe that sort of shit! There's some thing called motivating the team, and different people follow different procedures for that!!

Pep and away games :lol:

After seeing City's last 2 games I'm not as worried to face them as I was earlier, they still lack disciplinary and are all over the place. Shouldn't be difficult when we face them.

JamDav1982

Man Citys defence was woeful any time Celtic went directly at them they were all over the place.

Think they will play a bit more controlled vs Barca and not commit so many men forward but Celtic are arguably the worst team in this CL and City should be beating them easily.

barcafan161

Pep and away games :lol:

After seeing City's last 2 games I'm not as worried to face them as I was earlier, they still lack disciplinary and are all over the place. Shouldn't be difficult when we face them.

You can't base things on one game not when it's the first time they have dropped any points this season

Man Citys defence was woeful any time Celtic went directly at them they were all over the place.

Think they will play a bit more controlled vs Barca and not commit so many men forward but Celtic are arguably the worst team in this CL and City should be beating them easily.

They were missing Stones, I guess, he's been good for them tbh. They have an away game at Spurs, so I guess kind of underestimating Celtic, while keeping an eye out for Spurs this weekend may have caught them off, tho I give them credit fr fighting back all 3 times.

You can't base things on one game not when it's the first time they have dropped any points this season

I agree, but I'm not bashing this off one game. Pep himself said they aren't a finished article yet, plus the past 3 games they haven't been all that dominate, plus they won't have KdB and Gundo/Sane have yet to fully recover it seems.

I still think they'll be a good test.

Home of Barca Fans