Pep Guardiola

dakt

He's a bigger fan of City now and his personal glory. Oh, record wages too.

It's his business but don't make him a Barca saint while he is taking Barca players and coaching Barca's continental rivals.

I seen hundreds of his interviews and it's true what they say about him -> fanatic. He goes full Machiavelli style to implemented his vision.
No matter where he is, he'll pick a fight if things don't go his way, e.g. Ibra or now Joe Heart.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Dante was the latest one who came out blasting Guardiola. Quoted by Sport1, Dante said Guardiola just didn't bother to talk to him, Dante had no idea why and what Guardiola's problems and issues with him were. "There are managers who are great tactically but not so much as a person/on a personal level, such as Guardiola".

Guardiola said in 2015 that he wish he had 1000 Dante's in his team. :tease:

twofaced.jpg

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Dante was the latest one who came out blasting Guardiola. Quoted by Sport1, Dante said Guardiola just didn't bother to talk to him, Dante had no idea why and what Guardiola's problems and issues with him were. "There are managers who are great tactically but not so much as a person/on a personal level, such as Guardiola".

Guardiola said in 2015 that he wish he had 1000 Dante's in his team.
:tease:

twofaced.jpg
:lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Echoed by Shaqiri:

"He is a very good coach in terms of what happens on the pitch but his communication was not so good with me," Shaqiri told The Daily Mail.

"Guardiola doesn't talk too much about this [leaving players out]. He doesn't say to the players why.

"Of course sometimes that's difficult for a player, especially when you are working well and training well. And especially when he speaks around the media and says 'He is good, he is good. He is the best player'.

Typical Guardiola.

ini4ever

People acting like they didn't know how Pep's personality type is, that's it. every manager has got negative/positive points, different attitudes and etc. that's not something 'weird' or unacceptable.

xavi_the_Boss

Guardiola said in 2015 that he wish he had 1000 Dante's in his team. :tease:

twofaced.jpg

Oh really

[tw]771080171411476480[/tw]

desoe

Players who can I recall badmouthing Pep in the press - Ibrahimovic, Mandzukic, Shaqiri, Dante. All of them kicked out from the team by him. What a beautiful coincidence. If I sack some of my employees tomorrow, I bet they won't talk how I'm the greatest man in the world. In same time, players he actually trusted, like Boateng, Robben or Lahm - some of the true Bayern leaders, not average shit holes like Dante, paid their respect to him. That's more important, I think.

By the way, Raheem Sterling looks he had a confidence boost since Pep took over City. I'd suggest it's actually related with Pep talking to him.

“It was a big lift,” said Sterling, when asked about the text message from the new manager he had still not met face-to-face.

“The manager’s been in the game a long time, won stuff, worked with young players, worked with great players, and I think he knows how to get the best out of his players and he’s been a massive help. But not just for me, but the other players as well, the whole team.

“It’s good to have a manager that not just talks to me, but makes the whole team feel really welcome, makes everyone feel they are all one, whether you are starting or not. Everyone’s hungry, everyone’s ready to run for him and play for him.

People who talk about Pep being so bad at man management, should look at the players he improved in his previous teams and actually took them to an entirely different levels. I prefer to look at them, not at the players he actually KICKED OUT of his teams for some reason. Or we are gonna expect now what Joe Hart is about to say?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Remarkable really, some predicted it would happen but I never believed it - I see fans who genuinely think they have the club's best interests at heart rubbishing Guardiola. Strange strange world

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Ribery complained about him too.

You can sort of see from how he treated Joe Hart. Players he likes get pampered with everything and players he doesn't like gets the cold treatment even he openly says the niciest things about them.

If I were a player and if I did something wrong that he didn't like, I'd hope that he can talk to me about it so I know where I got it wrong so I can improve. I don't want to be left out cluelessly scratching my head and the next thing I know is that I lost my starting place.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Honestly Man Cıty looks reınvıgorated and players seemed to have fun on the pıtch. I wısh Guardıola well even though I hope I never end up lıke hım.

Actually thıs ımage ıs not very suıted as ın Guardıolas case ıts the other way around. He behaves accordıng to what he thınks of you and ıs posıtıve to others about your relatıonshıp.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ribery complained about him too.

You can sort of see from how he treated Joe Hart. Players he likes get pampered with everything and players he doesn't like gets the cold treatment even he openly says the niciest things about them.

If I were a player and if I did something wrong that he didn't like, I'd hope that he can talk to me about it so I know where I got it wrong so I can improve. I don't want to be left out cluelessly scratching my head and the next thing I know is that I lost my starting place.

Then again Ribery is a dick and even Bayern fans acknowledge that.

And how do you know whether he treated Joe Hart that way? What if he was clear to him from day one? We've not heard anything about their relationship and what happened behind the scenes apart from knowing Hart got dropped.

That's not to say Pep's a saint or anything and there are cases he has handled badly, but the guy who sucked him a mere months ago is now talking against him. A guy notorious for being an asshole so not sure that's anything to go by and the other thing you mentioned is pure conjecture.

Home of Barca Fans