Pep Guardiola

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
That 7 wins can be a bit misleading, though. It's impressive, but the 3 games where most was on the line for both teams - CL 2014, League 'final' 2014, CL 2016 - they came out on top in all 3.

That is irrelevant as I was comparing Lucho's (not Tata's) record with Cholo and how would Pep fare in as many games against Atlético.

mssarm

That 7 wins can be a bit misleading, though. It's impressive, but the 3 games where most was on the line for both teams - CL 2014, League 'final' 2014, CL 2016 - they came out on top in all 3.

7 consecutive wins are misleading... sure! that has nothing to do with track record, we just got lucky.. purely incidental...

J

Jamie Cal

7 consecutive wins are misleading... sure! that has nothing to do with track record, we just got lucky.. purely incidental...

Not what I was saying at all. :lol: Never said we got lucky or it was purely incidental. :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
According to Bild, Guardiola had a meltdown after the game against Atletico which saw him and his assistant Manel Estiarte dashing to the Bayern medical team and yelling at them "If Godin could recover this soon why the hell couldn't you guys do the same? ", followed by Estiarte cursing them "You damn useless idiots", something to that effect.

Wow. If true (and based on Guardiola's series of outbursts I believe it), what a jerk he is. Bayern had everyone available except Robben and Badstuber.

I wish you terrible luck at City, Guardiola.

xXKonan

If True I really don't know what Pep is expecting.

Robben? He's 32 years old and had his fair share of Injuries through out his career and of course when he gets older it will take more time for him to get fit compared to when he was in his 20s. Badstuber? can't stay fit regularly and his recent injuries have been terrible.

Wouldn't surprise me if Pep's time at City is even worse in that regard.

CuleLife4Life

Isn't Bild one of those tabloids that are always full of crap?

Actually, there is a nasty rumor in Germany that Lahm feeds them locker room info because they know he is gay (allegedly) and he doesn't want them exposing him. Pretty sure there has been at least 2 issues with locker room leaks in the past 3 years at Bayern and the speculation was Lahm because of his association with some of their journalist.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Actually, there is a nasty rumor in Germany that Lahm feeds them locker room info because they know he is gay (allegedly) and he doesn't want them exposing him. Pretty sure there has been at least 2 issues with locker room leaks in the past 3 years at Bayern and the speculation was Lahm because of his association with some of their journalist.
very, very nasty.... If it were true there wouldn't be just 2 leaks in 3 years no?

besides that....
ccc.jpg

Andrew M

I think Pep has a massive away leg problem. Bayern were excellent at the Allianz as expected.

Even with us, say, the away legs were poor. Losing 2-1 to Ars when 0-1 up, drawing 2-2 when 0-2 up against them also. Losing 1-0 to that shit 2012 Chelsea team was a real low point. Even in 2009 we were quite fortunate to get the Iniesta goal right at the end.

If you're that shit in the away legs it is almost impossible against the elite teams. His teams are just too brittle away from home to win the CL at the moment.

When Bayern played us in the first leg last year his first half tactics were lunacy. Man to man marking all over the pitch! Such temerity.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Noone really has an explanation for that.

Maybe he's a poor motivator. When you play at home motivation rises by default as to not disappoint your crowd.
Who knows, pattern is there and it's beyond coincidence.

Andrew M

Noone really has an explanation for that.

Maybe he's a poor motivator. When you play at home motivation rises by default as to not disappoint your crowd.
Who knows, pattern is there and it's beyond coincidence.

I think it's more tactical and structural. Lucho for example is not an idealist. If need be he doesn't mind Pique lumping long balls. The first thing someone would criticise Lucho for would be that Barca can cede control of a game too readily and become passive, but in tough away games Lucho is better than Pep and its Lucho's pragmatism I reckon.

Bayern and Barca both played at the Emirates this season and Bayern lost while Barca scored on the counter. Could Bayern have done that?

Andrew M

I think the biggest issue Pep will have at City is the midfield. At the moment their midfield is full of marshmallows.

khaled_a_d

I think the biggest issue Pep will have at City is the midfield. At the moment their midfield is full of marshmallows.

I think the biggest problem will be injury prone players
A midfield that have KDB,Gundogan,Silva,Sterling working behind a striker like Aguero can be dominant with a coach like Pep
But Agüero,Gundogan ,Kompany all had their history with injuries and to lesser extent Laporte,Silva & KDB
Doesn't looklike he will have plenty of options outsider those who can really replace them from the bench

Home of Barca Fans