Pep Guardiola

raskolnikov

I'm not that 'disappointed'. City will be more challenging than Bayern--in Bavaria, he could have won the Bundesliga, the German Cup and perhaps a CL or two until retirement. In England winning the league won't be easy at all, and if he has failed to win in Europe with Bayern, it won't be any easier with City.

In practical terms, then, City will certainly not be easy. In terms of principles, however, there is a case to be made about his choice, considering how he has marketed himself as an admirer of established football cultures.

Pep really needs a cl win to make his Bayern stay a succes, especially if Ancelotti ends up winning a cl in the 3 years afterwards (cant imagine a club like Bayern not winning a cl in 6 years given how strong they are).

F

Flavia

Am I the only one that hopes Mourinho goes to United now?:innocent:

No, I'd like that a lot too.

Pep and Mou living in the same city, training rival clubs, and the english press... It'd be great to watch from a distance :D

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
No, I'd like that a lot too.

Pep and Mou living in the same city, training rival clubs, and the english press... It'd be great to watch from a distance :D

Most important word in that situation. The less I see Mou's face the better I feel :D

frog-fcb

In terms of principles, however, there is a case to be made about his choice, considering how he has marketed himself as an admirer of established football cultures.

For established culture in england man united would really have been his only potential option of the normal big four. I dont see wenger leaving arsenal yet and chelsea and man city with there mega bucks hasnt been around very long.
i think pep sees man city as a challenge to completely over haul the team as he wants it and in the process perhaps try and change the way football.is viewed in england.
There is also the challenge to become the first manager to deliver european sucsess for man city and try an become a global force in football

KingLeo10

Is it just me or are the most gripe one's over here the United followers?

What option did he have left in EPL?

United? Pffft please. They are a mammoth task to handle atm and the english media wouldnt let him breath.

Chelsea? Dont even get me started.

Spurs? LMAO.

It wasnt even surprising. It a definite move kept on the cards ever since Mancini for City.

His Highness Sheikh Mansour is not joking around. The sooner everyone understands that, the better.

Myself, i would wish him the best to hope and replicate something close to what he did with our team.

All the best Pep!

i can respect that sentiment but there is absolutely positively no chance that can happen, messi at his very best plus xavi iniesta busquets behind him. :worthy:

Icarium

Lifestealer
I for one don't want united to get mourinho. Their rivalry is overrrated and the hype by the media will be unbearable.

And about his move you don't need to wish him success nor criticize him like he just killed barca. He was an integral part of barca's success in recent times and gave us some good memories. And he hasn't done anything from leaving to lose that feeling of respect imo. Unless you consider moving to city as a betrayal to barca fans, that is silly and I would say don't sit on moral high horse. We are no saints. I feel it's perfectly fine to wish he fails in Europe as they are our rivals and not caring how city does domestically. But wishing he would fail miserably at city is just little tad too much imo but if that is backed my strong hate for city that is also fine.

At the end of the day you can criticize him or wish him, that is your choice. He hasn't done anything wrong to upset barca fans yet.

Last edited:

mazp

Let the EPL have the best managers, La Liga has the best players, it's the league of the stars, nobody tunes in to watch the managers.. :p

King5Puyi

So replicating his domestic success not European?

I dont want him to be a success in europe as he is a rival. I dont care about Pep winning any more or less than any other manager.

Wanting him to win CL etc...not for me. Support a club not a manager.

If Pep cant achieve it with Bayern(Let's hope not, this year is ours) then the chances are even higher he wont be able to do it with City.

For me, after Barca, City stays top on the list. I only ever gave interest to EPL after the AbuDhabi take over and forgive me for being biased for choosing a secondary club owned by someone from the country i am from, which again is the very reason why i am happy for City roping in Pep to see them rise and soar.

I say again, i wish the best for our club legend. We are the best club out there, and if by any chance we lose out on it, i'd actually like to see City to lift it. Fuck me, right?

Now off you go, go be miserable elsewhere JamDav.

King5Puyi

Let the EPL have the best managers, La Liga has the best players, it's the league of the stars, nobody tunes in to watch the managers.. :p

Although i myself are'nt too picky with EPL and would anyday gladly jump on the EPL bashing train, Great managers do achieve with mediocore players. This season Liecester is the Happy surprise.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
I mean he has a point in a strange way. But if he came and managed Barca I bet we would not win the treble.

Home of Barca Fans