Pep Guardiola

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Can't see Kompany staying under Pep but he's 30 and still has 3 years left on his contract so who knows. Worst part about Pep to City is how annoying their fans can be but hopefully they too will get a good Guardiola education

KingLeo10

So did Barca under Pep.

Doesn't mean they were not the best side in the world over that 4/5 years.

i prefer to look at it year by year, it was very arguable if we were the best in the world in pep's last year, and we definitely weren't the best in the tito and tata years. by all accounts, bayern has been the best in the world in just 1 season over the past 5 years, and barca 2 seasons (10-11, 14-15).

serghei

Barca 2011-12, while on a decline and with some motivation problems, was still the best team in the world in my book. Bayern was the best in the following year, and both Madrid teams in 2013-14, maybe with a slight edge for Real because of the CL. We again in 2014-15.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
We are the best team in the world for the last decade, period, with ups and downs for sure, but the most consistently #1 :)

Anyway, what do you guys think ? Pep guardiola to get City their first UCL in his 3 seasons there ?

barcafan161

We are the best team in the world for the last decade, period, with ups and downs for sure, but the most consistently #1 :)

Anyway, what do you guys think ? Pep guardiola to get City their first UCL in his 3 seasons there ?

Guess it depends who they can bring in, I think by year 2 they should be semi/finalist contenders at the very least

F

Flavia

Pep's supposedly wanted 11, by sport:

once-por-que-suspira-guardiola-1454412763002.jpg

Alaba and Verratti won't happen.

KingLeo10

with favorable draws, they might hit the semis 1 or 2 times out of the 3 seasons, but i don't see them cultivating the mental strength and tactical acumen to win the CL so soon. mou's original chelsea was a strong side and it took them numerous semis to finally break through.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I don't believe it either.

I don't even see City capable of playing possession football with their current square footed squad honestly, they'd need a massive revamp to fit into Pep's idea... now imagine them trying tiki taka against us or Bayern :lol:

JamDav1982

There is no chance he would try and pair Stones and Laporte that would be a disaster.

One of his biggest challenges will be to keep Kompany fit. He is their leader and by far the best defender of any the names linked or currently at the club. Would go as far to say he may be their most important player under Pep if they are to win things.

Home of Barca Fans