Pep Guardiola

FinBarcelonafan

i think the draw of being the first manager to take city to european glory was ultimately what drew pep to their club, however, i don't think pep is enough to push them over the hump, given that he hasn't been able to accomplish this so far at munich, which most would agree is the second best team in the world.

I think Bayern has been the best club in the world last 5 years. Guardiola not winning the CL with them would be pretty big miss.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Curious to see how he'll do there. Without the pressure of having to respect the club's historical playing style or winning the CL every season he should have all the freedom to indulge in his famed tinkering. One think is for certain he definitely has a lot of player pull and consequently so will city. I agree that our players wouldn't be tempted but he definitely gives them an edge over their epl rivals.

Pep is being brought in to instill his playing style & philosophy that was cultivated at Barcelona since City do not have a history in that regard - a herculean task. He will have all the resources he needs to achieve it, it'll finally address all the naysayers from England

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Who seriously expected him to move to a smaller club just to prove his doubters wrong? No one ever chooses to step down a level like that, in any profession.

Noone expected him to move to Stoke. Few expected him to take the richest and easiest choice though and he betrayed many of his followers by virtually denying everything he stood for.

But I guess some will always find excuses to see pep as demi-god anyways. And so be it. To each his own.

Science Kid

I think Bayern has been the best club in the world last 5 years. Guardiola not winning the CL with them would be pretty big miss.

Huh? Dortmund were a lot better in 2010/11 and 2011/12, Real destroyed them two years ago, last year we dispatched them.

They had one great season and that's it.

In the last 5 years we have 2 champions league titles, winning 5 titles each of those years.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
"Herculean task" :lol:

To create a philosophy & playing style at a club that hasn't had one? When has that not been a enormous task much less in the Premiership? It will absolutely be a herculean task, few clubs can claim to have a true footballing identity outside of Barcelona. But by all means I'd love to hear the clubs who have one

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He's fucking moving to a club that has the best squad in epl and has actually been playing very good football under Manu Pellegrini.

You clearly lost the plot man.

El Flaco

Noone expected him to move to Stoke. Few expected him to take the richest and easiest choice though and he betrayed many of his followers by virtually denying everything he stood for.

But I guess some will always find excuses to see pep as demi-god anyways. And so be it. To each his own.

To be fair, Pep to Manchester City was the worse kept secret for several months.

I'd rather say it was a very expected move by Pep.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He's fucking moving to a club that has the best squad in epl and has actually been playing very good football under Manu Pellegrini.

Is this a consistent side under Pellegrini? How many trophies did they win? Do they have an estabished playing style or integration from their academy?

Your bias continues to rear it's head Bojan, let it go

Ocelot

He's the best in the world. What do you expect him? Go to Stoke?

I don't think Man UTD was right for him, lately I'm seeing them that they care more about money then success.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You're not even reading posts. I actually said few posts back in exact words "noone is expecting him to go to Stoke".

Alen

"Everything he stood for"? What's that? I'd say you're the one putting him on a pedestal Bojan. He's always endorsed Qatar. The only thing he ever stood for was Catalan independence and his possession based football. The rest is you not liking Qatar and what they stand for.

Devils

Gotta love the arrogance.

After being humbled by us in the CL for the past few years, they still have delusions of grandeur.

Home of Barca Fans