Pep Guardiola

Deco10

Although I don't agree with him (Messi is the best), it's not that hard to believe to think that someone would regard Zidane as the best ever. He is surely one of the best and he is not overrated .

raskolnikov

Zidane isnt even that much better than Iniesta.
Him being a top 10/15 player ever is reasonable, and you could argue him, Dinho or Ronaldo were the best post Maradona - pre Messi.
But to put him as goat is a joke imo.
Zidane is basically Rivaldo level just a little more consistent in years he tributed.

Alarcón

He did. Ask any German.

He said "unbedingt der beste spieler in aller geschichte" which means "absolutely the best player in all history".

The problem is that Pep's German is terrible. You barely understand what he's trying to say. He adds random letters to words, leaves out articles, gets cases for basically every word wrong, and his pronunciation is awful. That makes it very hard to find out what he actually meant. I do believe he meant that Zidane is the best player of all time but I'm not really sure.

I

instinct

He clearly said it. There's no "one of the" anywhere in this video. His German is broken but "der beste spieler in aller geschichte" is clearly there. Don't know why anyone would dispute that.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I learned German as a kid and I can tell you that sentence is simple as it gets and there's no doubt in my mind he knew exactly what he was saying.

Home of Barca Fans