Page 556 of 663 FirstFirst ... 56456506546554555556557558566606656 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,340 of 9943

Thread: Pep Guardiola

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Problem is that he is losing more quality as he moves.

Barca > Bayern > City as far as the value of the players is involved. Money won't get you better players than Bayern or Barca, that's for sure. So what if City has lots of money. It's not like the will buy Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Modric, James Rodriguez, Muller, Neuer, Verratti etc. with those money. They will overpay for whatever player they buy.
    Barca, Real and Bayerm have better squads.... He won't be at any of the three next season though so useless comparing those squads to City.

Compare the squads he can go to and its City/Psg best of rest.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Barca, Real and Bayerm have better squads.... He won't be at any of the three next season though so useless comparing those squads to City.

Compare the squads he can go to and its City/Psg best of rest.
    Pretty much, yes. And that's because the way he wants to play is characteristic for a big team. His idea of football cannot succeed without having incredible players. Does City have what it takes to play Pep's football and win in Europe? Very much doubt it. Money doesn't help very much if most world class players play for great teams already. It's not like City can buy from Barca/Real/Bayern/PSG is it? What players could City buy to match said teams? There aren't many options. Maybe a Pogba, maybe a Reus, maybe Rodriguez from Wolfsburg.

And it's not irrelevant to compare City with Barca/Bayern/Real, because the big stake for Pep is going deep in CL with City, maybe even winning it. Those kind of teams are his competition.
    Last edited by serghei; 29th December 2015 at 07:17 PM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much, yes. And that's because the way he wants to play is characteristic for a big team. His idea of football cannot succeed without having incredible players. Does City have what it takes to play Pep's football and win in Europe? Very much doubt it. Money doesn't help very much if most world class players play for great teams already. It's not like City can buy from Barca/Real/Bayern/PSG is it? What players could City buy to match said teams? There aren't many options. Maybe a Pogba, maybe a Reus, maybe Rodriguez from Wolfsburg.

And it's not irrelevant to compare City with Barca/Bayern/Real, because the big stake for Pep is going deep in CL with City, maybe even winning it. Those kind of teams are his competition.
    Different debate.

People are discussing the quality of squad at City as to what is available to him to take over not the standard of players that City need to win the CL.

So if discussing what team he will take over and the strength of this options then it is irrelevant to mention Baca, Real or Bayern.

City are the best squad he can choose from in league he wants to be in. Whether or not he can win the CL is another issue but I believe with 3/4 signings they could go close and be 4th best squad in Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pep clearly wants to be the coach known as the one to end barcas harmony.. I mean think about it there's no other reason why he is bouncing from team to team and not barca

I get that he wants to be his own man and not have to share the spotlight with iniesta and messi once again, so that makes him an enemy in my eyes, again this is just assuming on my part, but that's what I think

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course he's the enemy right now (one of them anyway). To me as well. Every guy who comes on Camp Nou to knock us out from Champions League is an enemy. No two ways about it. I'm happy he is not at Bayern anymore though.

Mike the Knife
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @NotInHere, ignorant is no way to go through life
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike likes Pep more than Barca these days

#BartomeuDimiteYa
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotInHere View Post
    Pep clearly wants to be the coach known as the one to end barcas harmony.. I mean think about it there's no other reason why he is bouncing from team to team and not barca

I get that he wants to be his own man and not have to share the spotlight with iniesta and messi once again, so that makes him an enemy in my eyes, again this is just assuming on my part, but that's what I think
    Every single fan who have once chanted my name at Camp Nou. I've loved every minute of fighting for you.

Mike the Knife
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    Mike likes Pep more than Barca these days
    If you don't care for Pep, hard to believe you can care for Barça because no one is more blaugrana than him
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? Puyol, Xavi say hello. Frank even who stayed here longer than pep.

And btw. Pep left Barca 3 years ago. Let's not pretend he's still coaching Barca.

As far as I'm concerened any team he coaches can fail miserably because it's only rivaling Barca.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem is that there is less quality at City than at Bayern and Barca.

Barca > Bayern > City as far as the value of the players is involved. Money won't get you better players than Bayern or Barca, that's for sure. So what if City has lots of money? It's not like they will buy Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Modric, James Rodriguez, Muller, Neuer, Verratti etc. with those money. They will overpay for whatever player they buy. They will buy more or less raw talent at astronomical prices. They won't be able to sign super-world class players.
    you really don't need to have big players ( the names you mentioned above ) to win CL or other trophies, the key is the coach, as it's ever been.
    btw the gap between silva or sterling and james isn't that much so far, as you can clearly see james is not much effective as he was last season ( because of the coach )

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pep came on Camp Nou with Bayern to knock us out from Champions League. I hope I never see Xavi in that same position. Wanting to beat Barcelona. I love Pep for what he did at Barcelona, but he decide to compete against Barca for 3 years and counting. It's only fair he should be treated as an opponent, since this is the path HE chose.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pep came on Camp Nou with Bayern to knock us out from Champions League. I hope I never see Xavi in that same position. Wanting to beat Barcelona. I love Pep for what he did at Barcelona, but he decide to compete against Barca for 3 years and counting. It's only fair he should be treated as an opponent, since this is the path HE chose.
    No issue at all from me about Pep, Xavi or anyone else coming back to Barca with another team that is their free choice and it is the way football works.

But won't ever agree that they need to be seen any differently to other opponents or should hope for them to be a success as they are 'true blaugranas' bollocks. Whether they are makes no difference.

The Engineer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotInHere View Post

Uhh I think that's a stretch. For me, him potentially bouncing around from club to club is just his way of working. At the end of the day none of that affects or has anything to do with Barca. Even if he wants to end Barca's run, well then I'd say is he's doing his job. He's no longer coaching Barca. His future employers expect him to put in the work in order to help their club succeed. If that means having to beat Barca every once in a while then that's what has to be done.
    Last edited by SirXavi; 30th December 2015 at 12:31 AM.
    In football, the result is an impostor. You can do things really, really well but not win. There's something greater than the result, more lasting - a legacy.

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pep doing a great job ruining Barça's harmony. Totally ruined now

Will most probably happen. Puyol will also be taking players away from Barça as a football agent, sooner or later in a different path. Lucho will also not be staying forever and seek new challenges.

Hope no one holds that against them. Don't see why anyone would tbh. Treat as rival for all I care, but won't ever forget what they meant for FC Barcelona nor be butthurt like some for them making the sin to do what people do. Their job.
    Last edited by DonAK; 29th December 2015 at 09:30 PM.