Pep Guardiola

serghei

He'll go to England, almost certainly. It's between United and City... (Chelsea could also be a strange option).

Spain is out because we have Lucho and he won the treble.
Germany is out because you don't move from Bayern and stay in the country.
France is not a strong enough league, and PSG is already winning everything there and will continue to do so until the sheiks get bored.
Italy is not a strong enough league, and not really fit for Pep's ultra-modern ideas.

So, by way of exclusion, it's England folks!

And, from England:

Arsenal have Wenger and they'll stay with him
Liverpool have Klopp
Leicester have Ranieri.

It leaves us with United, Chelsea and City, all three could be without a manager by the summer.

Best fit, footballing-wise: City
Best fit, history-wise: United
Best town to live in with your family: London.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

He'll go to England, almost certainly. It's between United and City... (Chelsea could also be a strange option).

Spain is out because we have Lucho and he won the treble.
Germany is out because you don't move from Bayern and stay in the country.
France is not a strong enough league, and PSG is already winning everything there and will continue to do so until the sheiks get bored.
Italy is not a strong enough league, and not really fit for Pep's ultra-modern ideas.

So, by way of exclusion, it's England folks!

And, from England:

Arsenal have Wenger and they'll stay with him
Liverpool have Klopp
Leicester have Ranieri.

It leaves us with United, Chelsea and City, all three could be without a manager by the summer.

Best fit, footballing-wise: City
Best fit, history-wise: United
Best town: Chelsea.

LVG has a contract until 2017 IIRC

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
It may sound a bit crazy, but I think he would be an excellent fit at PSG. With rumors of Ibra going to MLS after this season, it's the perfect time for him to join. They have a very good midfield which we all know is very important for the Pep system. Verratti, Matuidi, Di Maria, and Rabiot could all really shine under him.

Yeah that makes sense, with Verrati in the midfield he could implement his ideas easily and they'll probably get Ronaldo in summer... Pep training Ronaldo, that sounds surreal:tata:

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, Rosell was to blame here and there's another patsy in Bayern.
Why can't he just say the truth: Don't expect loyal long term manager from me, I'm out for personal ambition.

It may sound a bit crazy, but I think he would be an excellent fit at PSG. With rumors of Ibra going to MLS after this season, it's the perfect time for him to join. They have a very good midfield which we all know is very important for the Pep system. Verratti, Matuidi, Di Maria, and Rabiot could all really shine under him.

You're right.; It's not even crazy at all, PSG is clearly pep compatible, can't think of a better suited club other than bayern and barça.
But Blanc is doing a really good job, I reckon he'll stay.

khaled_a_d

He shouldn't have gone to Bayern. Wrong move from the start. There is nothing much he can do there.

Again ,he thought he ca do a lot of things when he signed in January 2013 .but in May they were treble champion and as you said There is nothing much he can do there

Galning

Pep supposedly said "I can't work like that", when doctor comes in office. Press adds "at Bayern" between brackets. Shitstorm arrives :lol:

Yannik

All honesty though, it makes the most sense for him to go there. This is a club with a limited history and he can be the man who writes it for them. Plus the Premier League is the ultimate challenge for any manager, and you know Pep wants to prove himself.

And to be honest, I have a feeling Bayern could be on the verge of a bit of identity crisis here soon. That team is aging, a vital part of the team is Thiago and his future there will surely be in doubt if Pep leaves. Müller is the only player they can count on long term to build around. Whoever takes the helm after him will not be in an enviable position. I really think Klopp was their man to take over after Pep but Liverpool needed him more and sooner and now they are caught.

So I think this will be Bayern's best chance of winning CL with this current squad because a rebuild is going to be necessary soon for them, which is why us winning this season could be so vital in confirming our supremacy in this current era. If we defend the CL this season and keep Neymar here, this team will continue to be feared throughout Europe and every top talent (like Neymar and I think soon Pogba) will do backflips through burning hoops to sign for us.

And no one can compete with that.

As Luft said, Bayern, especially thanks to Pep, have already replaced all their aging players on all positions with only RB as an exception as there is practically no Lahm equal in sight, maye Bernat or Alaba can be converted to a RB in far future or a new signing comes in the next 2-3 years, but thats practically the only concern and Lahm does still have 2-3 years ahead of him..
However, Thiago has extended his contract until 2019 in september, right in the middle of the already omnipresent Pep-exit-rumors. so that's a heavy sign saying that he's not Pep-bound anymore. He is living up to his potential at Bayern, it wouldnt make sense to swtich clubs when its working so well for him, only his injuries hold him back, but his injuries have nothing to with the club he's playing at, unless some other club has some sort of miracle-doctors that can magically restore his fragile body.

Last edited:
B

beautifulgame

If he actually does move then I'd like to see him take up a project in Italy.

Has enough money for two lifetimes and then some after his last contract so I'd personally be interested to see him take a different type of challenge in coaching.

Anyway, of course i wouldn't knock him if his preference is different.

Home of Barca Fans