Pep Guardiola

Bertus

In my opinion the only reason that could lead to Guardiola leaving Bayern in 2016 is that there might not be much left to fulfill, in the sense that Bayern is so strong, that the gap between them and the 2nd best in the Bundesliga is so wide that Bayern is almost guaranteed a double every season. After a while, you don't get the sense of satisfaction that much, there is not much to improve upon. As to the CL, it takes a bit of luck to win it so it is just the icing on the cake. Especially if Guardiola leads Bayern to the treble this season, I can see him wanting to leave them in summer 2016.

He won't leave untill he wins the CL with Bayern IMHO.

I don't think he's the kind of person to leave a job unfinished.

Unless he's fired of course.

mssarm

What if he brought the treble to Bayern this season? I am well aware of many Bayern fans criticizing Guardiola, from the style of their play to tactics, but the fact of the matter is, Bayern brass appear to be very happy with Guardiola. The Guardiola brand is helping shore up and expand Bayern's global image and influence, and attracting potential players who want to play under him.

By the way, winning the CL needs a bit of luck, it is not that easy. So to claim under him they have won nothing substantial is a bit too much.

Bayern boss should be happy with Pep because it's his appointment. generally the management never criticizes the coach openly from professional stand point, but they also have a tendency to cave in for criticism from outside. pep inherited very strong team which was improved more after his appointment . Is it really a big challenge to win Bundesliga with current Bayern squad? Don't think so , only added value is UCL cup, which was lost to RM in very questionable way. If he loses CL this year Pep should start thinking about rolling over his 401K to another country.

JackaL

Why wouldn't people stop drawing conclusions, presenting them as if they were objective when they are only emotional opinions? There's not a problem with being emotional, I like Pep too. But having the feeling Pep would not sign for an "oil" club, what does that even mean? He played for Al Ahli, he lived there, he has quite some good connections with Qatari Investors, most of the money comes from oil! Why wouldn't he go to an oil club, what makes you draw that conclusion?

When he left, he told us all he was looking for a challenge. Turns out that challenge was taking over a team with guaranteed league titles, who just poached their closest rival's best young player. I'd love it if he would back his talk up and take over a team in the league of Tottenham, Arsenal, Liverpool, Fiorentina or even the Milan clubs.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
When he left, he told us all he was looking for a challenge. Turns out that challenge was taking over a team with guaranteed league titles, who just poached their closest rival's best young player. I'd love it if he would back his talk up and take over a team in the league of Tottenham, Arsenal, Liverpool, Fiorentina or even the Milan clubs.

When tf did he say that his reason for leaving was 'to look for a challenge'? We fans would of course want to see Pep take on a challenge but you can't put words in his mouth ffs :lol:

sumo

I think his words were, he left because he was "running out of ideas" and was feeling "burnt out"... only those words were in spanish I presume.

mssarm

When tf did he say that his reason for leaving was 'to look for a challenge'? We fans would of course want to see Pep take on a challenge but you can't put words in his mouth ffs :lol:

Please tell me why do you think he left Barca. Please don't tell me it's because of Rosell. Pep never mentioned his problems with management, there was not single recorded incident of a conflict. Plus if there was one he would have considered returning after new election, but he made it clear no Barca return. So my question is how come he is not planning to "charge his batteries" with Bayern: he works less or what. What would make him stay longer at Bayern than at Barca. Nothing negative towards Pep, but I can't figure out his reasons.

Didn't he say something to the effect that he "knew his cycle at Barcelona had come to a close so he needed a new challenge to motivate himself" some time during or after his New York sabbatical?

Home of Barca Fans