Pep Guardiola

Yugo Count Dante

You should know by now that with Pep this decision isn't really based on his ability to analyse the situation from an intellectual angle, it's all about feeling. He has said in the past that if he could, he'd sign a 6-monthly contract because this job is so tough. If he "feels" that he can no longer give the job 100%, then he will go, he won't think about what it will do for his career after all he has nothing to prove at Barca anymore.
If you put it that way, losing doesn't mean you didn't put 100% init as a COACH.... isn't this the time for him to be extra motivated as a coach? It is a hard job, I agree... but he should have known that when he stepped in the game.

Maria

The reactions in this thread are a disgrace. So just because we lost the league and the Champions League this season, it suddenly erases everything Pep has done at this club. He has won 13 of his first 16 trophies, did more in 3 years than most managers do in a lifetime. Not to mention that even after these last two results, his balance is not only positive but incredible: 14 trophies in 19 assuming we beat Athletic in the Copa final.

Not to mention that Pep is being criticized for being narrowly eliminated in the semis of the CL. Are you people kidding me? We were reaching the final (or even the semis) every year before Pep arrived, weren't we :shakeshead: ?

Ironically, people asking for Pep's head are doing it because he didn't meet expectations that wouldn't even exist if Pep hadn't taken over in 2008 and had such unprecedented success. Any real culé, who has supporting the club for long or at least knows and appreciates the club's history, will be fully behind Pep. Anything else is crazy.

Exactly..I've staid away from this forum these days because of people like El Guaje(who blames Pep for being to stubborn and inflexible with his tactics, but then is unhappy because of the 3-4-3 formation he used this season).

If it's one mistake Pep made this season and I've been saying this from the summer, not now when it's obvious for everyone, is Cesc. I wanted a striker or a defender instead of him, but now it's already to late for Pep to change his mind and sell him like he did with Ibra. I've also defended Keita's use in Milan( when many journalist were accusing Pep of being to deffensive and because they thought 0-0 was a bad result) and I would have preffered him in London instead of Cesc. But this is all I can criticize of Pep..it's not his fault that Pique, Xavi, Iniesta, Villa, Abidal and Pedro were affected by long or recurring injuries, that VV and Alves have been subpar, or that Alexis failed in London and Messi missed a penalty.

After so many moments of joy that this man and his team have given us, now is the moment to support him no matter what. If he stays, some though and unpopular decisions will have to be made(like the one he did at his arrival in 2008) and that's what is probably keeping Pep from remaining with Barca. I for one would gladly accept a trophyless season if that means Pep remains another year and rebuilds the team.

M

mitkoa7x

After so many moments of joy that this man and his team have given us, now is the moment to support him no matter what. If he stays, some though and unpopular decisions will have to be made(like the one he did at his arrival in 2008) and that's what is probably keeping Pep from remaining with Barca. I for one would gladly accept a trophyless season if that means Pep remains another year and rebuilds the team.

This.

I want Pep to stay badly, Ill be disappointed by him if he leaves but I will understand him.

Yugo Count Dante

please keep us updated, I think it should be official today, if not he will not renew ;( This would feel like another loss, another bad mood coming up :S

not to mention about the speculations of new coaches < :S

Last edited:

Yugo Count Dante

just imagine how boring the press conferences will be before the games, the falling confidence if the new coach fails to live up to the expectations, the cycle of the fall down.

why am I even mentioning this :S

M

mitkoa7x

Guardiola met yesterday for 3 hours with president at his home. He's more likely not to renew, announcement of final decision tomorrow [ona]

:cry:

Maria

Guardiola met yesterday for 3 hours with president at his home. He's more likely not to renew, announcement of final decision tomorrow [ona]

I really think that you should stop reading all this crap..until Pep makes his decision official I won't trust any news coming from Barcelona because my belief is that RoSELL will manipulate the catalan press(especially MD, that belongs to his family) as he wishes just to put more pressure on our coach.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma

see, i told you Guardiola met Rosell yesterday and that barcastuff tweet was wrong . glad things cleared . :)

M

mitkoa7x

@barcastuff
Entourage of Guardiola as well as the club don't make any comment on decision to renew or not. Players will be first informed tomorrow [ona]

So the players know as much as us...

Home of Barca Fans