Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
My general thoughts regarding Pep:

spRha.gif

This gif is SO wrong on SO many levels.

Jesus :lol:

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
He is an excellent manager no doubt, the way Barcelona smashed Bate with a completely changed XI and still complete superiority as if it was the First team playing is a testament to how good his tactics really are.

Vegy

It's how he prepares the team mentally that is absolutely remarkable. Even after that blunder by Valdes the team never looked very nervous. As the game went on the men in white became nervous and fearful but Pep's men improved and improved until it was blatantly obvious which of the 2 teams is superior. Incredible...:pep:

dalitis8

Banned
What is his record against Mou now?

Off the top of my head:

2009/10

Inter - Barcelona 0-0

Barcelona - Inter 2-0 (no Messi)

Inter - Barcelona 3-1 (bus ride)

Barcelona - Inter 1-0

2010/11

Barcelona - Real Madrid 5-0

Real Madrid - Barcelona 1-1 (we only needed a draw)

Real Madrid - Barcelona 1-0 (Copa)

Real Madrid - Barcelona 0-2

Barcelona - Real Madrid 1-1 (we went through)

Real Madrid - Barcelona 2-2

Barcelona - Real Madrid 3-2

Real Madrid - Barcelona 1-3

So.

It's 6 wins for Pep, 4 draws, 2 wins for Moroninho.

goope

did he say this in reality? that would be master class from pep
No, but it makes it even funnier that there is doubt about it :D
On the other hand, you know Pep. He's like Puyol. Concentrate, be serious, always score another goal, etc. He'd never say that.

Maria

I'm glad that all his experimenting until now has payed off. He was the only tactical mastermind saturday night, but believe that the most important thing was the inclusion of Puyol in our starting 11. The 2 of them understand the true meaning of El Clasico.

X

xaviniesta

Turning to this season now, you’ve made a few tactical alterations. Why change something that works?

Guardiola:

"People talk about tactics, but when you look at it, tactics are just players. You change things so that the team can get the most out of the skills they have to offer, but you don’t go any further than that. When it comes to tactics you have to think about what the opposition does and the players who can hurt you. What I’ve done this season is a response to the gameplans our rivals are now adopting against us. As time goes by people get to know you better. They pose problems for you and you have to come up with solutions."

E

estranged

Turning to this season now, you’ve made a few tactical alterations. Why change something that works?

Guardiola:

"People talk about tactics, but when you look at it, tactics are just players. You change things so that the team can get the most out of the skills they have to offer, but you don’t go any further than that. When it comes to tactics you have to think about what the opposition does and the players who can hurt you. What I’ve done this season is a response to the gameplans our rivals are now adopting against us. As time goes by people get to know you better. They pose problems for you and you have to come up with solutions."

all hail :worthy:

Home of Barca Fans